GDT: #57 FLYERS at Wild, Tuesday, Feb. 12, 2019, 8:00 pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
MINNESOTA WILD (27-24-5) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (25-24-7)
LyNKcgy.jpg
th

BROADCAST INFORMATION

TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%Save%
Wild5627-24-55913-10-414-14-115616221.282.550.5.902
Flyers 5625-24-75714-11-411-13-316218616.676.356.0.895
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

images
Possible Lineup
Lines
25 James van Riemsdyk - 28 Claude Giroux - 11 Travis Konecny
23 Oskar Lindblom - 14 Sean Couturier - 93 Jake Voracek
21 Scott Laughton - 19 Nolan Patrick - 17 Wayne Simmonds
44 Phil Varone - 24 Mikhail Vorobyev - 12 Michael Raffl
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov - 6 Travis Sanheim
53 Shayne Gostisbehere - 47 Andrew MacDonald
8 Robert Hägg - 3 Radko Gudas
Goalies
79 Carter Hart - 41 Anthony Stolarz (expected starter)

Power Plays
PP1: Van Riemsdyk, Simmonds, Giroux, Gostisbehere, Voracek
PP2: Konecny, Patrick, Lindblom, Couturier, Provorov

Injuries and Scratches
5 Sam Morin (D) is on IR due to ACL surgery on his right knee (May 2018). He could return mid-Feb. (Jan. 18).
27 Justin Bailey (F) could be a healthy scratch.
30 Michal Neuvirth (G) is on IR due to a lower body injury (Jan. 3). No timetable for his return (Jan.18).
37 Brian Elliott (G) is on IR due to a possible groin injury (Nov.15). Sent to AHL for conditioning (Feb. 12).

56 Mike McKenna (G) is expected to be a healthy scratch.
61 Phil Myers (D) could be a healthy scratch.

MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Web site -- The Athletic
Alexander Appleyard's Twitter -- Alexander Appleyard (@avappleyard) | Twitter
Charlie O'Connor's Twitter -- Charlie O'Connor (@charlieo_conn) | Twitter
Courier Post of South Jersey
Hockey Buzz
NBC Sports Philadelphia
Philadelphia Daily News and Inquirer

MINNESOTA WILD

th
Possible Lineup
Lines
11 Zach Parise - 64 Mikael Granlund - 3 Charlie Coyle
18 Jordan Greenway - 12 Eric Staal - 16 Jason Zucker
17 Marcus Foligno - 14 Joel Eriksson Ek - 19 Luke Kunin

15 Matt Hendricks - 49 Victor Rask - 21 Eric Fehr
Pairings
20 Ryan Suter - 46 Jared Spurgeon
25 Jonas Brodin - 29 Greg Pateryn
36 Nick Seeler - 2 Anthony Bitetto
Goalies
40 Devan Dubnyk (starter) - 32 Alex Stalock

Injuries and Scratches

9 Mikko Koivu (F) is out due to a torn right ACL and meniscus (Feb. 4).
24 Matt Dumba (D) is on IR due to a ruptured right pectoral (Dec. 14).
26 Pontus Aberg (F) is on IR due to a lower body injury (Feb. 1).
37 Kyle Rau (F) could be a healthy scratch.
77 Brad Hunt (D) could be a healthy scratch.

MEDIA CONTACTS
Athletic, The

Web site -- The Athletic
Michael Russo's Twitter -- Michael Russo (@RussoHockey) | Twitter
Fox Sports Minnesota
Minneapolis Star Tribune
St. Paul Pioneer Press
Web site -- Twin Cities
John Shipley's Twitter -- John Shipley (@ShipleyMN) | Twitter

FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE

DateOpponentTime (ET)Television (subject to change)
February 16 vs. Detroit 1:00 pmNHLN, SNE, SNO, SNP, NBCSP, FS-D
February 17at Detroit 6:00 pmNBCSN
February 19 vs. Tampa Bay 7:00 pm NBCSP, SUN
February 21 at Montreal 7:30 pm TSN2, RDS, NBCSP
February 23 vs. Pittsburgh 8:00 pm NBC, SN360, SN1, TVAS2 [outdoor game]
February 26vs. Buffalo 7:00 pm NBCSN, NBCSP
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
FROM THE PAST

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC

"Outshined" by Soundgarden

Last edited:

Stizzle

Feb 3, 2012
I'd just like to point out how the 4th line has improved since Vorobyev has come back. The opinion of his play since recall seems universally negative.

Yet, in the last 4 games the advanced stats have looked upon him fairly positively.

______

Misha Vorobyev:

vs Pitt... Led team in xGF% 5v5 (79.65%)

vs Ducks... Was leading the team in xGF% 5v5 until the very last shift to end the game in garbage time.

vs LA... Led team in Corsi For % 5v5 (73.33%)

vs Canucks... Led team in Corsi For % 5v5 (69.23%)

_____

I'm not pointing to this as proof Vorobyev is playing amazing. He's not. More so, that he's easily been a net positive. An opinion that seems fairly unpopular.

The 4th line players were routinely getting completely buried and dominated in fancy stats in the last few weeks. Lately, they have been on the other end of the spectrum with Vorobyev around.

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
Time to play the youngsters from here on out. Nothing to lose. Vorobev hasn't been good, but I would give him more minutes. Maybe it would increase his confidence. Play Myers extensive minutes tomorrow and call up NAK and Friedman in time for the Detroit game on Saturday. Once Morin is ready, insert him in the lineup and send Amac to Lehigh Valley for the remainder of his contract. And I hope Fletcher isn't considering keeping Gordon as HC.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I'd just like to point out how the 4th line has improved since Vorobyev has come back. The opinion of his play since recall seems universally negative.

Yet, in the last 4 games the advanced stats have looked upon him fairly positively.

______

Misha Vorobyev:

vs Pitt... Led team in xGF% 5v5 (79.65%)

vs Ducks... Was leading the team in xGF% 5v5 until the very last shift to end the game in garbage time.

vs LA... Led team in Corsi For % 5v5 (73.33%)

vs Canucks... Led team in Corsi For % 5v5 (69.23%)

_____

I'm not pointing to this as proof Vorobyev is playing amazing. He's not. More so, that he's easily been a net positive. An opinion that seems fairly unpopular.

The 4th line players were routinely getting completely buried and dominated in fancy stats in the last few weeks. Lately, they have been on the other end of the spectrum with Vorobyev around.

I think the view of Vorobyev is more about how the team is viewing him right now and not how he is actually playing.

Simmonds is going to go, and there's going to be a spot there and hopefully he's the guy who is able to seize it, but when Konecny was getting knocked down last night, Raffl was the guy getting the extra ice time.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

I thought he played well last night and was encouraged.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I think the view of Vorobyev is more about how the team is viewing him right now and not how he is actually playing.

Simmonds is going to go, and there's going to be a spot there and hopefully he's the guy who is able to seize it, but when Konecny was getting knocked down last night, Raffl was the guy getting the extra ice time.

Not for me. Hes been virtually invisible in his limited ice time. Seems to be a step behind the play at all times. Not that unusual for a rookie in his situation though.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
We better get to see Myers tonight. I can't take much more of Farmer's starfish icecapades.

At least with a strong game from Ghost, he shouldn't be the one to sit out by the genius coaching staff.

I think he's been getting the 2nd most TOI after Provorov these last 5 games, averaging over 21 minutes a game. I think he's fine.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Minny lineup is really not that bad when healthy.

Fully expecting a loss tonight. Even if we didn’t even play last night it would be a tough go. If we do win though I could see another streak. I think this team evolved a bit. I would imagine they want the playoffs badly. It’s not like they didn’t try last night. If anything they tried too hard. If they get Myers and Bailey in I bet they win. And I think they can get 3/4 pt out of the det back to back. I think the pens continue to lose and we beat them in the outdoor game. My concern is Carolina...IF we win tonight.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Would've preferred to win the last one and lose this, but oh well. No dream is dead, and the Flyers have another two hacks at the Penguins before this is over, so we'll get them then.

Playoffs were always a very long shot, and they're longer now but there's a ways to go. In the grand scheme of things, they weren't going undefeated for the rest of the year. Just play to win and enjoy the ride. If they make it, nice! If they don't (which is by far the most likely scenario) they don't.

Hoping for Myers, glad they let him take the skate last night to get a taste of the routine. Also hoping for another good game out of Stoli.

Would like to see the lines flipped around. JVR-Giroux-Konecny isn't working anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->