Post-Game Talk: #57 - 02/14/20 | Rangers @ Blue Jacket

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
The last two games and especially last night's grind it out late winner has made me think more about TDL deals....
Me Too! And I am dreading the thought we will lose Huge pieces of the puzzle for future considerations. If we don't get able bodies in return, I will be very disappointed. We will desperately miss the speed on the wing with Kreider leaving. That should be the Rangers priority.

JT Kreider

FIRE GORDIE CLARK
Dec 24, 2010
NYC
Me Too! And I am dreading the thought we will lose Huge pieces of the puzzle for future considerations. If we don't get able bodies in return, I will be very disappointed. We will desperately miss the speed on the wing with Kreider leaving. That should be the Rangers priority.

We should keep Kreider if we can get him signed to an extension right now. I also have no idea what type of offers JG has recieved for Kreider, he is a very decisive player and his value seems to be all over the place depending on who you ask.

I wouldn't be surprised if we got anywhere from as high as Alex Newhook or something in the middle like a 1st and Studnicka to as low as Benson and a 2nd

ohbaby

Apr 4, 2007
We are a better than 5-1 shot according to MoneyPuck
Well it was 10-1 the game prior. Either way, it is very, very unlikely we make the post season. Look at it this way, with the games remaining, if we go 16-9, and finish with 96 pts,... PHI and CBJ only need a record of 13-10 with their games remaining. CAR 14-11.

We would need 17 wins or better with 25 games left. It's a long shot. CBJ got the 8th spot last year with 98 pts.

Last edited:

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
I kind of want to keep Georgiev now. I don’t know. I want to trade him too. But I want to keep him. But I want to trade him. But I want to keep him. But I want to trade him. But keeping him would be nice. But we kind of don’t need him. But I like him. But we have Igor. But Georgiev’s still young and he’s getting better. But he would want to be a starter somewhere else if he’s that good. But he’s cost-controlled. Damn.
Is there a REALLY like button? This made me really LOL.
And probably how we "mostly all" feel.

Reactions: Buchnevich89

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Yeah well I do have a family of my own so I’m not exactly hitting the clubs anymore
Right there with you bud, I LIVE here in Florida and my biggest excitement is every Rangers game. Sad, but true. Family is scattered, no one loves me anymore. Might as well die. Oh wait, Rangers/Bruins today......so dying has to be put off. TY GOD.

Reactions: belford22

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
1. Loved buch's diss at elvis.
2. Kreiders goal was a beauty, honestly i am switching my mind on him. 7 mil x5 get it done.
3. I think they are just forcing hank into retirement, hire him as a goaltending assistant coach or something. Hes gotta feel bad.
4. Mika is captain, just imo he deserves.
5. Bread gets paid for destroying.
6.great win on a back to back. Yes theyre a skeleton crew, but theyre hard to play against regardless.
7. If we werent in the metro, playoffs would be guaranteed.
8. Young team figuring it out, i think were one winger away from being a legit playoff team, and as seen today, we can prob trade deangelo for a winger, i would at least bc hes about to be expensive and itd be a great trade. That would move fast to fourth--> lemeuix-howden fast is a legit 4th. I also thought the 4th played well.
1. Absolutely great dissing there.
2. Hell, give him 8×4. Will give him a chance to get another contract.
3. Hank wins less than anyone else. Should be sitting, albeit somehow doesnt seem right. He made his choice.
4. Previously wanting Kreider, but Mika is absolutely OK w/me.
5. The "proof" is in the pudding, I mean dough producing the bread.
6. Blueshirts/Bluejackets always seem to be really good battles.
7. Here, here. You betcha.
8. Then who would cover for Marc? Tony's play "seems like" an embarrassment of riches on defense.....but can never have enough. What he brings, not many can. Yes, I know Fox. Thats what I meant by riches.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Problem is we also have to hope the flyers and canes don’t play well down the stretch.
You know whats funny? I think we are better than the Flyers, and we ALWAYS have the Canes number. Not really THAT crazy thinking we can catch them. Be nice if other teams can figure out how to beat them, like we do.

Reactions: bl02

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Me watching in slow motion .....
giphy.gif
Yeah okay Antonio, you wish. That is ME!

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Quietly, I think Brendan Smith is more of a leader and overall positive influence than he gets credit for. I saw a few leader-y things today. In that video but also on the ice.
He has done a full 180° turnaround. He knows he screwed up and is hell bent on making up for it. In a mostly youthful team, YES he is a vet and I believe his teammates respect him for ALL the obvious reasons. Life gives 2nd chances. Good on him.

Reactions: egelband

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Oh yeah I forgot about Strome...but I still think Buch/Skjei probably bring back better returns than Strome unless some GM falls in love with his numbers without realizing he plays with one of the best forwards in the entire league.
Not just his numbers, probably more than a few good potential PO teams could USE and slot him in a solid 3rd line center role.
Believe it or not......he is a solid player, good head, knows the game and has decent talent. Thats what I see, anyway. Regardless of Panarin.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Staal has been very good since signing with the Wild...clearly he still had plenty left in the tank. I don't know what happened with us (probably AV), but I don't think he was a bad target. It just didn't go as planned. Obviously not a great trade, but not one I'd give Gorton too much **** for.
Lets all pretend Staal played for us in the PO's like he has played this year. Would we have given him a contract?

1. Then Mika wouldn't have progressed the way he has (or would he have?)
2. We probably wouldnt have have the need for Strome and kept Spooner,
3. and Panarin wouldn't have had his wingman......uhhh, I mean centerman.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
AV-itis/that team just didn't have the magic that year/we were positioned to face the Penguins in round 1 for awhile and it was obvious from like Christmas on they were winning the Cup. It was a horrible read by Gorton. Then we reached for Lias, then we took Chytil when nobody even knew who he was, then we signed Shattenkirk. And on top of that we were all furious with AV for his horrible personnel decisions that cost us the Ottawa series and wanted, no needed him fired. There was a strong movement to kickstart the rebuild too and the Stepan trade was encouraging with the hope McDonagh, Nash, Zucc, Hayes, etc. were right behind him on the way out only to make a win now move in signing Shatty.

All this to say it's hard to believe that was ONLY 3-4 years ago and it's been a very impressive turnaround.
You can say that again (1st bold) guess he was trying to make his mark.
Shatty is what is still screaming to me as "what in the hell were they thinking"? Totally opposite of the direction in which they were supposedly going. I STILL dont understand.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
The last two games and especially last night's grind it out late winner has made me think more about TDL deals. Someone on the trade board posted the players over the last 10 years drafted with picks received for rentals. They're pretty mediocre. The issue with Kreider is the cost because with his physical assets and shot, he will still be able to produce for another 4-5 years or at least half of a 7 year deal. Is the cap going to go up so that in the latter half of his contract it's OK to pay that much for a third line vet?

With Georgiev, the return is going to be even more dismal. The only rationale is to keep Lundquist happy because we're going to get scraps in return who probably will never make any contribution to the team. Compare that to a tandem of Shestyorkin/Georgiev for the next decade when this team should have a decent run or two at the Cup.

If there is any way to keep Kreider and Georgiev from the cap and Lundquist perspective, then I would.

Then how in the hell will we be able to protect Shesty AND Georgiev come Seattle time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad