Post-Game Talk: #57 - 02/14/20 | Rangers @ Blue Jacket

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Watching the post game, man Georgi is such a great kid. I know it's probably not going to end up woth him still on the team, but I live this kid. Great play, but such a great team guy. This team has some really tough decisions to make.
Crazy to think but this is probably the toughest TDL that Gorton has come across since he took over the job.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
I think its Strome and Skjei who would go.

They probably need to shed another body as well.
Oh yeah I forgot about Strome...but I still think Buch/Skjei probably bring back better returns than Strome unless some GM falls in love with his numbers without realizing he plays with one of the best forwards in the entire league.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Quietly, I think Brendan Smith is more of a leader and overall positive influence than he gets credit for. I saw a few leader-y things today. In that video but also on the ice.
Is that Lindgren? The warrior

Reactions: egelband

NYRangers0723

Apr 30, 2019
Quietly, I think Brendan Smith is more of a leader and overall positive influence than he gets credit for. I saw a few leader-y things today. In that video but also on the ice.
That’s Fair. Ever since he was put on waivers he has at least worked hard and done whatever he has been asked. Still an awful contract. Gortons biggest mistakes have been dishing out big contracts to defensemen

Reactions: egelband

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
I don't doubt it. I remember against Washington earlier in the season, the Rangers tied it right before the intermission, and when they interviewed Smith between periods he was like a kid on Christmas morning.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Honestly, I feel like whenever teams trade for a rental, the prospects they give up rarely pan out.
Right now it seems the prospects we got for Nash and Hayes >>>>>>> McDonagh prospects. It's not even close right now. Go figure.
It's interesting maybe the prospects we received in the Nash/Hayes deals were second rounders (albeit high ones) who weren't touted so much for the amazing talent but rather for the style of hockey they play. Maybe their style of play is much more suitable to play against grown men in this league. Lindgren can play a tough 3/4 or 5/6 dman and not look out of place and Lemieux can compete hard as a bottom 6 guy.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
Watching the post game, man Georgi is such a great kid. I know it's probably not going to end up woth him still on the team, but I live this kid. Great play, but such a great team guy. This team has some really tough decisions to make.
Him and Shesty both have great personalities :) I think our team in general has a lot of really funny & interesting characters.

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
Most teams don’t have sweet high end scorers like the Rangers do. Which is a crazy thing to say after watching this team for thirty-plus years.

it’s an exciting team YET, like our early 2012 team which loved the long breakout pass, this group leads the league is cross ice passes. We all know the lanes close come playoff time and the battle of the boards begin.

Great energy and likely a bright future. Still have to build and mature IMO. A bit too top heavy now

Reactions: Clark Kellogg

egelband

Sep 6, 2008

Remember when Torts’ face was on the Islanders’ uniform crest?
upload_2020-2-15_12-42-31.jpeg

Reactions: Avery16 and bl02

PuckLuck3043

Stairway To Heaven
Nov 15, 2017
Hudson Valley
it’s an exciting team YET, like our early 2012 team which loved the long breakout pass, this group leads the league is cross ice passes. We all know the lanes close come playoff time and the battle of the boards begin.

Great energy and likely a bright future. Still have to build and mature IMO. A bit too top heavy now

No doubt. They need more depth, especially at forward. Still building this thing.

Brooklyn Rangers Fan

Change is good.
Aug 23, 2005
Brooklyn & Upstate
Right now it seems the prospects we got for Nash and Hayes >>>>>>> McDonagh prospects. It's not even close right now. Go figure.
It's interesting maybe the prospects we received in the Nash/Hayes deals were second rounders (albeit high ones) who weren't touted so much for the amazing talent but rather for the style of hockey they play. Maybe their style of play is much more suitable to play against grown men in this league. Lindgren can play a tough 3/4 or 5/6 dman and not look out of place and Lemieux can compete hard as a bottom 6 guy.
It's still early in all their careers. I wouldn't go making any definitive statements on this front as of yet...

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Honestly TDL deals usually don't work out great for either team. Only 1 team wins the Cup, and team's with high draft picks aren't going to be buyers, so you're usually just trading for lotto tickets. The Rangers fortunately had the foresight to start a full rebuild while they still had a bunch of players to trade. Like in 2014 when Vancouver hired Trevor Linden, who then hired Jim Benning...It was obvious they missed their best chance during 2010-2012, and the Sedins were getting old, but they decided to "retool" while they still had the Sedins around. Benning picked up Dorsett, Bonino (who he traded for Sutter a year later,) Vey, Baertschi, Prust, Gudbranson, Schenn, Spooner...they signed Vanek and then instead of trading him for picks/prospects, they traded him for a 34-year-old Jussi Jokinen...and of course, there was the Eriksson signing. I was living in BC during this Linden period, and my god, this board would have lost their f***ing minds. Taking Virtanen #6OA made things even worse. Boeser/Pettersson/Hughes really saved their bacon. I mean it's gotten better since Linden left the organization, but they still do dumb shit like sign Tyler Myers and Jay Beagle. Also I still believe that Benning had no idea J.T. Miller would work out this well, lol.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
*cough* Eric Staal trade *cough*
Not this again. :laugh:

Ever wonder what Carolina got out of that trade?

Aleksi Saarela: 3 NHL games played (with Florida)
Artur Kayumov: Prospect with no NHL contract history
Luke Martin: Prospect with no NHL contract history

This board was so nuts over Saarela because we had like no prospect pool back then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad