Post-Game Talk: #56: Panthers 1 at FLYERS 4, Monday, Feb. 10, 2020, 7:00 pm ET

pit

5th Most Improved Poster
Jun 25, 2005
Toronto
he needs someone better than Hagg paired with him.

giphy.gif

Normand Lacombe

Jan 30, 2008
This game was awful to watch with all the mistakes the Flyers made. How do you give up a 3 on 1 when on the PP? And all the other chances Florida had when they were shorthanded? I wonder what Joe Mullen is up to now because Therrien needs to go. If not for Hart, the Flyers lose this game by 3 or more goals.

GapToothedWonder

Dec 20, 2013
Paris of the Praries
I would love to see Friedman play on the 3rd pair with Ghost for a few games. Braun when he steps up at the line has looked good, but if caught flat footed or had to retreat off the line has then struggled defending in the transition. I also worry about this getting exposed in a longer series.

Edit. Also I want to see Friedman get another handful of games in the hope that he can show enough to be trusted in the 3RD spot next season. Finding a solid player to fill that role for cheap in house would be huge.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Don’t leave the linens in the dryer too long when you make those long posts. I want warm, not scalding. Priorities.
I would never...I know what you like. I changed the linens out twice during that post as a matter of fact. Those posts are a 30-45 minute ordeal

Reactions: Magua

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Stiz, for such a majestic subject as a sawft boy and his unicorn steed, I feel like you need a more majestic image. We don't want people thinking Sanheim is performing horrific, painful experiments on his dear partner!

I present you this. To use, as you choose, for the unicorn rides to come over the years. Saddle up.

pRiIOA2.png
Looks less like an impaling. Approved.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Wayyyy too sloppy in this one. I hope AV straightens them out for tomorrow. Honestly, what is Jakes deal? He’s playing well overall so this is just a blip right now, but what is it? Happy with the win but this game is massive. Win this one and it’s looking like a real possibility we play pitt and not Boston. Maybe even home ice!

Reactions: PhlthyRich

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
This game was awful to watch with all the mistakes the Flyers made. How do you give up a 3 on 1 when on the PP? And all the other chances Florida had when they were shorthanded? I wonder what Joe Mullen is up to now because Therrien needs to go. If not for Hart, the Flyers lose this game by 3 or more goals.
Therrien isn’t the one flubbing pucks at the offensive blueline for odd-man rushes the other way, or failing to execute basic passes.

He’s not the one who is struggling with zone entries & getting the PP set up.

This, for years now, under different coaches, has been a player execution issue.

Fans just love oversimplifying issues to COACHING!! & also excusing their favorite players.

It’s like Berube didn’t even happen.

Reactions: renberg

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Wayyyy too sloppy in this one. I hope AV straightens them out for tomorrow. Honestly, what is Jakes deal? He’s playing well overall so this is just a blip right now, but what is it? Happy with the win but this game is massive. Win this one and it’s looking like a real possibility we play pitt and not Boston. Maybe even home ice!

What do you mean? Jake was good last night. His assist to JVR was sweet and he was working hard all night.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I do agree the Flyers were sloppy. Way too many turnovers & mistakes. Too much run & gun. Pretty much everyone had some really poor plays, with some good sprinkled in. I prefer more consistency.

There was a lot of luck in that win.

I could not believe the very first question in AV’s presser described it as a “workmanlike” win. AV handled it well after trying to stifle an immediate natural reaction of confusion as to WTF the “journalist” thought he watched.

AV rightfully said they gave up way too many odd man rushes & need to clean that up.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
What do you mean? Jake was good last night. His assist to JVR was sweet and he was working hard all night.

Jake was sloppy handling the puck, like his head wasn't really into the game.
In the past, this would be a 20 game issue, now it's just the normal blip that almost every player has over an 82 game season.

Reactions: TheKingPin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hart looked sharp after the 1st period, if he could play on the road like he does at home, no one will want to see the Flyers in the playoffs.

patrick kitchin

Feb 26, 2018

I would say still being able to win convincingly on a sloppy night is a good sign. Good teams win even on nights they arent at their best. And watching Hart for the next decade will be very enjoyable.

Reactions: deadhead

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Therrien isn’t the one flubbing pucks at the offensive blueline for odd-man rushes the other way, or failing to execute basic passes.

He’s not the one who is struggling with zone entries & getting the PP set up.

This, for years now, under different coaches, has been a player execution issue.

Fans just love oversimplifying issues to COACHING!! & also excusing their favorite players.

It’s like Berube didn’t even happen.

Again: Berube learned and developed and got better. Why do people refuse to realize that? Why do people not notice that he makes timely adjustments now instead of taking 40 games and letting Giroux draw stuff up during games?

The Blues don't win a Cup if our version of Berube is running them. You know, the one who couldn't tell Couturier was good.

As for MT, if you're going to have a player like Provorov on PP1 then you shouldn't be trying to generate so very much from there point. It gives his weaknesses every chance to assert themselves. It's a bad coaching decision.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad