Post-Game Talk: #56| New York Islanders @ Boston Bruins | April 10th | 7:00 PM | F/OTL 3-2

crashthenet

Jul 9, 2004
Hockey Falls
pretty much all the deadline deals have been good but our trade.

man that’s a weak play by Ebs on the second goal.

Leo couldn't save that line from itself at times. Turnovers were brutal.

Pulock and Leddy on the hook for the other two.

Would have loved the home ice but this is a tough group and can get it done. Eff the penguins. Here we go.

Reactions: MJF

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Leo couldn't save that line from itself at times. Turnovers were brutal.
Maybe the problem with the first line is the same as it's always been, Barzal and Eberle not executing.

When that is the main problem it wouldn't matter if Artemi Panarin was their left wing.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Maybe the problem with the first line is the same as it's always been, Barzal and Eberle not executing.

When that is the main problem it wouldn't matter if Artemi Panarin was their left wing.
I mean, I get your point, but I think that is a bit of a stretch, no? If Barzal and Eberle are not executing, you dont think there would be a difference if Panarin was their LW or Leo Komarov, come on.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I mean, I get your point, but I think that is a bit of a stretch, no? If Barzal and Eberle are not executing, you dont think there would be a difference if Panarin was their LW or Leo Komarov, come on.
Komarov, Panarin, or Clark Gillies can't make Eberle be firm on the puck.

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Komarov, Panarin, or Clark Gillies can't make Eberle be firm on the puck.
Too many people are too worried about players changing their style of play. Do we ask Matt Martin and Ross Johnston to suddenly be able to do the skilled things that Barzal and Eberle can do? Barzal and Eberle are not physically built to play a "heavy game." They are not Ovechkin. As things stand now, Leo sadly may be the best answer for LW on that line, which ultimately I think is the point you are trying to make. But forgetting about STYLE of play and worrying about productivity, the idea that a first line would not be better because two streaky players playing with Komarov or Panarin will still be two streaky players is absurd. Panarin would draw almost all of the attention away and open up space for the other two guys, not to mention he will finish off plays created by the other two.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Too many people are too worried about players changing their style of play. Do we ask Matt Martin and Ross Johnston to suddenly be able to do the skilled things that Barzal and Eberle can do? Barzal and Eberle are not physically built to play a "heavy game." They are not Ovechkin. As things stand now, Leo sadly may be the best answer for LW on that line, which ultimately I think is the point you are trying to make. But forgetting about STYLE of play and worrying about productivity, the idea that a first line would not be better because two streaky players playing with Komarov or Panarin will still be two streaky players is absurd. Panarin would draw almost all of the attention away and open up space for the other two guys, not to mention he will finish off plays created by the other two.
You are looking for something that isn’t there.

We were talking about the 2nd Bruins goal. Eberle had to clear the puck in the D zone, he did a flyby of it and flubbed it. That’s the failure to execute. It’s on Eberle and only Eberle. Nothing more.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
It just irks me that Hall has 8 goals and 14 points in 16 games and they got him a for a second round pick. Whereas we paid a first round pick for a guy with 2 goals and a guy who does not even look to be in the lineup when the playoffs begin. If he did not even want to come here, it does not matter but still, Ugh. I guess it is playoffs time and just have to move on and hope for the best.
Hall is a little bitch. He stole money from Buffalo and basically did a Brian Rolston on them. Cant play a lick until he goes where he is hungering for. then he comes out of his rat hole.
F that guy, I hope he gets smashed.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You won’t convince them their astrological signs advanced stats aren’t important.

Dom Lucayszyzyzjadjfado's model is correct 100% of the time. Everyone knows this. :laugh:

I think there's some value to them, but it's not like they're the only thing. Also, I think NHL teams have access to different kinds of stats than fans do so always referring to the set NHL teams aren't using as evidence of something isn't helping. We're at the point where there are tracking devices in jerseys, we don't need proxies for puck possession, we can actually just look at the time spent in each zone.

Reactions: xECK29x and MJF

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Hall is a little bitch. He stole money from Buffalo and basically did a Brian Rolston on them. Cant play a lick until he goes where he is hungering for. then he comes out of his rat hole.
F that guy, I hope he gets smashed.

It’s worse than Rolston. Rolston was traded here; Hall chose Buffalo to con.

Reactions: longtime lurker

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
I've said this to you before, but apparently I need to say it again. Lighten up, Francis.

And I guess I need to repeat to you...

Like someone taking a kickboxing class to burn off steam, I come here to vent and as a result I am more "lightened up" in my real life. Come have a beer with me and I think you'd be surprised.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
It just irks me that Hall has 8 goals and 14 points in 16 games and they got him a for a second round pick. Whereas we paid a first round pick for a guy with 2 goals and a guy who does not even look to be in the lineup when the playoffs begin. If he did not even want to come here, it does not matter but still, Ugh. I guess it is playoffs time and just have to move on and hope for the best.
Hard to compare a team with no leverage for a player with a NMC that wanted to only go one team. There's a return and there's a return w/o competition.

I'm not a Hall fan, but he may have ended up in a very good spot for himself. He's like the 5th best guy their - he doesn't need to be the #1 or #2 player like in NJ, AZ, or BUF. Certainly seems like BOS told the core guys to lead, and him to just follow. That is a very different mindset, expectation, and pressure. Again, I'm not a fan, but good for him that this may have worked in his favor.

Reactions: Strummergas

The Real JT

No diving allowed
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Not sure if anyone commented on the ESPN articlefrom a few days ago but f*** them.

Greg Wyshynski listed the Coliseum as one of the things we're rooting for in the 2021 playoffs. It was more of a back handed compliment than anything else.

He wrote "Here's hoping for a few more memories to be made (that don't involve the hockey-in-quicksand action we saw from the Islanders in the bubble last season)."

Addendum:
I had to Google him and apparently he's a Jersey guy and Devils' fan since childhood. Has there been a successful team more unwatchable than the Devils in their prime?

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
The Isles are boring narrative is a big whatever. Every team gets labeled with something. It's an easy narrative to write. Notice how top goaltending in the league doesn't come into play - Varly and Sorokin have been excellent, but they are 'quiet' players in the sense of notoriety. Barzal is a tilt-a-whirl of highlights at times, but otherwise, the Isles are pretty vanilla.

Reactions: MJF

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Dom Lucayszyzyzjadjfado's model is correct 100% of the time. Everyone knows this. :laugh:

I think there's some value to them, but it's not like they're the only thing. Also, I think NHL teams have access to different kinds of stats than fans do so always referring to the set NHL teams aren't using as evidence of something isn't helping. We're at the point where there are tracking devices in jerseys, we don't need proxies for puck possession, we can actually just look at the time spent in each zone.
The problem I have with advanced stats in a sport like hockey is that there is much too much going on to try to encapsulate in numbers alone

It makes a lot more sense in baseball (though I HATE what the obsession with launch angle and the shift has done to the game) because it’s a relatively static sport

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I'd love this to be a 2nd rd match up. Seeing Pasta's soccer embellishment last night on the Leo love tap, he and Marchand will be in for a tough series, Leo's Already in their head.

Reactions: notDatsyuk

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011

Artemi Panarin single handed OT turned Ryan Strome into a productive player

what he would have done with Barzal and Eberle would have been crazy

Reactions: periferal

Top Corner

Feb 27, 2002
Mtl
Visit site
Were you going to post tonight if they won?
If Palmeri would have scored instead of Hall
It still wouldn’t have changed anything. Those that had Palmeri ahead of Hall as far as trade deadline target just don’t get it. Hopefully the playoffs show us a different take on the 2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad