GDT: #56 | FLYERS (H) vs. Devils (A) | Monday, May 10, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSP, MSG+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jettany

Feb 21, 2018
From an article dated 4-6-17 (before the Flyers won the draft lottery) some Scouts thoughts on Patrick...

We faced Patrick quite a few times this year,” said one eastern conference WHL head coach. “Nothing against the kid whatsoever, but what I saw this year and what our coaching staff saw last year are two different players. No question he’s a player, smart and everything else, but I’m not seeing what everybody talked about last year.
“I saw him play against Moose Jaw one night and he was downright lazy. When he has the puck he’s fine..but when he doesn’t…I’ve expected more. What I heard from last year was that this guy was going to be a handful this year…and he hasn’t been a handful with that hockey club.”

Our guys aren’t keen on him,” said the scout of another team slated to pick in the top ten. “I would be really surprised if we took Nolan Patrick. Unless it’s a no brainer. If we’re at 4 or 5…then you’ve gotta do it. “If (club management) hear a peep on a player we’re not taking him…and they’ve heard some things that concern them.”

“He’s not the greatest kid I don’t think,” said a scout of one team picking in the top ten. “I don’t know if he’s a great teammate either. That’s what I’ve heard. Maybe just a little bit about himself.”​
Never saw this but that coupled with all the injuries now makes that pick even more dicey. Toooo many questions for the 2nd pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad