GDT: #56|Buf vs Pens| Sat, May 8th|3:00 PM EST.|PPG| Shirts coming off..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Legace is a pug superhero today

running+pug+gif+funny+meme

CascadiaPenguin

Sponsor
Jul 5, 2017
The Salish Sea
Any beer, even mass produced American domestic beer, is much better out of a bottle.
At the risk of being flamed, I must respectfully disagree. I got tired of the weekly walk of shame with bottles in my recycle box, so started trying to find suitable beer in cans. My roommate (also a world class drinker) and I experimented, purchasing an IPA, a porter, and a Stella (just because, not a bit fan) in both bottle and cans. Did blind tests. There was ZERO correlation, we tasted no difference. Granted my experiment was limited in scope, but it was enough for me. Glass, even amber, does allow UV light to penetrate, and this is a no no. Plus, I can't effectively boat/crab without drinking beer, and glass sucks on boats. /flame-resistant suit on...

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

The Sodfather

Jan 19, 2021
Pittsburgh, Pa.
At the risk of being flamed, I must respectfully disagree. I got tired of the weekly walk of shame with bottles in my recycle box, so started trying to find suitable beer in cans. My roommate (also a world class drinker) and I experimented, purchasing an IPA, a porter, and a Stella (just because, not a bit fan) in both bottle and cans. Did blind tests. There was ZERO correlation, we tasted no difference. Granted my experiment was limited in scope, but it was enough for me. Glass, even amber, does allow UV light to penetrate, and this is a no no. Plus, I can't effectively boat/crab without drinking beer, and glass sucks on boats. /flame-resistant suit on...

Oh, I agree. Cannot fish during the day and drink beer from glass bottles. A guy I used to work with would only drink Bud from 12 oz. cans. Not draft, bottles or even 16 pounders. 12 oz cans only. He claimed there was a difference. Based on the sheer volume he consumed, I was not in a place to disagree. I merely disagreed with his choice of Bud in general. My go to when I didn't want to get bloated was Miller Light bottles. To me, it's much better than the cans. But, overall your point is well made. My original statement was too all inclusive.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Oh, I agree. Cannot fish during the day and drink beer from glass bottles. A guy I used to work with would only drink Bud from 12 oz. cans. Not draft, bottles or even 16 pounders. 12 oz cans only. He claimed there was a difference. Based on the sheer volume he consumed, I was not in a place to disagree. I merely disagreed with his choice of Bud in general. My go to when I didn't want to get bloated was Miller Light bottles. To me, it's much better than the cans. But, overall your point is well made. My original statement was too all inclusive.

My Dad strongly prefers Miller Lite from the bottle.

Wait.

...Dad?

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
worked at iron city brewery. you wouldn't believe the number of deferent brands of beer they get from the same vat.:nod:

Reactions: Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
worked at iron city brewery. you wouldn't believe the number of deferent brands of beer they get from the same vat.:nod:

I know one brewery that sells a premium brand and a basic brand from the same batch. The premium brand is taken from the top of it though.

Reactions: The Old Master
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->