GDT: #55 | FLYERS (A) vs. Capitals (H) | Saturday, May 8, 2021 | 7:00 pm ET | NBCSWA, NBCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
WASHINGTON CAPITALS (34-15-5) vs. PHILADELPHIA FLYERS (24-23-7)
0B41eoD.jpg
th

tumblr_pzkitjT7s91qdezf9o1_500.gifv

urn-publicid-ap-org-898c83faa19e8a9c090a48e2a24d2784Capitals_Flyers_Hockey_72554-780x519.jpg

BROADCAST INFORMATION
TEAMS' WEBSITES
GAME PREVIEW, NOTES and STATISTICS
TEAMS' STATISTICS
Team GPRecordPts HomeAwayGFGAPP%PK%FO%
Capitals5434-15-57315-8-319-7-218415925.783.749.2
Flyers 5424-23-75511-12-413-11-315519319.372.153.9
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

PHILADELPHIA FLYERS

images
Possible Lineup
Lines
28 Claude Giroux -- 14 Sean Couturier --11 Travis Konecny
86 Joel Farabee -- 13 Kevin Hayes -- 93 Jake Voracek
25 James van Riemsdyk --
19 Nolan Patrick -- 62 Nicolas Aube-Kubel
23 Oskar Lindblom --
21 Scott Laughton -- 57 Wade Allison
Pairings
9 Ivan Provorov -- 6 Travis Sanheim
45 Cam York -- 61 Justin Braun
55 Sam Morin -- 5 Phil Myers
Goalies
34 Alex Lyon (starter)
37 Brian Elliott
Power Plays
PP1: Claude Giroux, Wade Allison, Jake Voracek, Sean Couturier, Ivan Provorov
PP2: James van Riemsdyk, Joel Farabee, Travis Konecny, Kevin Hayes, Cam York

Injuries and Scratches
8 Robert Hagg (healthy) could be scratched as a spare defenseman.
48 Morgan Frost (injured reserve) underwent surgery for a dislocated left shoulder. He was injured January 19.
53 Shayne Gostisbehere (suspended) will not be eligible to play until the season finale.

58 Tanner Laczynski (injury) had surgery to repair a torn labrum on his right hip April 26. His recovery time is expected to be 16 weeks.
59 Jackson Cates (healthy) could be reinserted into lineup or scratched as a spare forward.

79 Carter Hart (injury) is out the remainder of the season due to a minor knee sprain suffered April 15.
81 Carsen Twarynski (healthy) could be scratched as a spare forward.

Taxi Squad (subject to daily changes)
Forwards
10 Andy Andreoff
Defensemen
39 Nate Prosser
65 Wyatte Wylie
Goalies
None

WASHINGTON CAPITALS

th
Possible Lineup
Lines

73 Conor Sheary -- 20 Lars Eller -- 43 Tom Wilson
10 Daniel Sprong -- 77 T.J. Oshie --
39 Anthony Mantha
17 Michael Raffl -- 40 Garrett Pilon -- 11 forwards
62 Carl Hagelin --
26 Nic Dowd -- 21 Garnet Hathaway
Pairings
9 Dmitry Orlov -- 2 Justin Schultz
4 Brenden Dillon --
57 Trevor van Riemsdyk
33 Zdeno Chara -- 3 Nick Jensen
Goalies
30 Ilya Samsonov
31 Craig Anderson (starter)
41 Vitek Vanecek

Power Plays

PP1: Conor Sheary, Nicklas Backstrom, Anthony Mantha, Daniel Sprong, John Carlson
PP2: Lars Eller, T.J. Oshie, Tom Wilson, Dmitry Orlov, Nick Jensen/Zdeno Chara
Injuries and Scratches
8 Alex Ovechkin (injury) has a lower-body injury and will not play.
19 Nicklas Backstrom (injury) will not play due to a lower body injury.
30 Ilya Samsonov (virus protocol) will not play.

35 Henrik Lundqvist (IR) had open heart surgery in January.
47 Beck Malenstyn (IR) underwent Achilles surgery in December.
74 John Carlson (injury) will not play due to a lower body injury.
92 Evgeny Kuznetsov (virus protocol) is day-to-day.
FROM THE PAST
March 31, 2013: Flyers tie with under 10 seconds left in regulation then win in OT

GAME DAY THREAD MUSIC
"Frayed Ends of Sanity" + "Last Caress " by Metallica

FLYERS' UPCOMING SCHEDULE
(subject to changes)
OIP.xjV6DIiYcaMmoWGhAx0BGwHaEG

DateOpponentTime (ET)Television
Saturday, 5/8at Washington7:00 pmNBCSWA, NBCSP
Monday, 5/10vs. New Jersey7:00 pmNBCSP, MSG+
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Last edited:

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
York really impressed me. Although just one game I’d like to see him paired with another Dman that’s a little more dynamic.

I loathe AV after not allowing Wade Allison the biggest chance he could get to get a hat trick. The game literally doesn’t matter for the flyers, you have a 12 game pro who scored 2 nice goals, and I barely saw him out there at the end because he wa a likely benched after a d miscue. It must really stink to play for a coach like that. Takes the fun out of the game for you.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Last real game of the season, though the Devils game may be "pay back," they should be motivated just to atone for their humiliation.

But 2 against the Pens, 2 against the Caps is a good test for this team going into the off-season.
Talented opponents who need the points for playoff positioning.
It would be nice to get another decent goalie performance, as long as the goalies hold up, so does this team.

Just a shame that Frost and Laczynski are injured, these four games would have been perfect to get them primed for next season.
But we still have Allison and York to watch.

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
While its great to see the younger players get their chances i hate the selling of hope. These kids represent hope and the shitty orgs make hay selling hope. AV acts just like Babcock did they way he is tone deaf around things like getting Allison a trick......the players would have loved that so AV tries to ice the game with vets and in the process is a buzz kill. I get it....but i dont.

Reactions: BiggE

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
I’d be significantly more interested next season if they fire AV and hire Benoit Groulx. He’s shown throughout the years that he can develop young players. The Flyers have a lot of those.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Why not give Foerster a shot. Same with another look at Zamula for the final games that literally don’t matter.

Farabee - Couts - TK
JVR - Giroux - Allison
Lindblom - Laughton - Foerster
Wisdom/Willman - Hayes - Voracek
NAK

York - Sanheim
Provorov - Zamula
Morin - Myers

sandstorm
Elliot
**Lines aren’t really in any order.
I feel like we could run with this just since we have enough call-ups right? We have 2-3 more right?

Irvdog13

Jan 20, 2020
I’d be significantly more interested next season if they fire AV and hire Benoit Groulx. He’s shown throughout the years that he can develop young players. The Flyers have a lot of those.
Wow Benny Groulx. Interesting idea. Might not be expensive and help offset AVs dismisal pkg. I like Gallant as on option too as he is good with kids but there is something with his ways that seems to end up with him being offside with sr mgmt on the regular.

Reactions: BiggE and Domino666

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Had an opportunity to change afternoon plans so I could watch this and thought "Why?"... so, I guess I will be missing this one. Feels weird, but probably for the best. :laugh:

Reactions: BiggE

Fight4yourRight

“Chuck’s my guy”
Dec 18, 2017
Really good. Head is always up. Just one game thought. One thing that bother me was that he wasn’t aggressive around the net or even attacking a player down below, but that’s likely due to nerves

Probably not as much nerves as the fact that he’s simply not going to be that type of player. Do you remember Kimmo? Well, same idea. Stick and body positioning > aggression. Conversely, when a guy like Myers isn’t aggressive, he can’t compensate with his existing tools and ends up looking like a fool. What impressed me with York was his puck movement heading up the ice and passing. Just really smart decision making.

CapnZin

Jul 20, 2017
Sweden
Probably not as much nerves as the fact that he’s simply not going to be that type of player. Do you remember Kimmo? Well, same idea. Stick and body positioning > aggression. Conversely, when a guy like Myers isn’t aggressive, he can’t compensate with his existing tools and ends up looking like a fool. What impressed me with York was his puck movement heading up the ice and passing. Just really smart decision making.
I didn’t mean aggressive as in going to hit a player or suffocating the play. There were a bunch of times he kind of stood still at the net. Other times he jumped in the play. Sort of similar to Allison’s first couple of games. He more or less stood still in the d zone for a little bit. Once he got more comfortable he was more mobile.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Anyone else f***ing razzmatazz jazzed for this game?!

eaebbedd-8861-489e-8906-0ea4ddebb7fb.gif

Hello.....? Anyone....? Jesus, not even Alain Vigneault is watching — and he gets $90k to coach this game.
Luckily razzmatazz himself is not, so we'll probably win.

It's a nice preview of how much better the team will look next year once that dump that loser.

Reactions: BiggE and Magua
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad