Post-Game Talk: #55 Ducks 2 at FLYERS 6, Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
I’ve suggested this before, but Ghost for Hamilton — who would do it? Yes for me.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
That is a horizontal move at best for a player who costs ~25% more and who never sticks anywhere. That makes no sense and further shores up the reality that a Ghost trade is a trade for its own sake.

As if Hamilton, with his reputation for being "soft" or "mercurial," wouldn't quickly lose his shine here among the same group that wants to trade Ghost (and also likely complained about a similar to Hamilton d-man in Sanheim). Dougie's reputation and overblown flaws are practically everything they complain about with our own players.

Hamilton is a good player also having a down year. At the same time, he's more a PP2 guy than PP1 -- his career high being 16 PP points compared to Ghost's 33. He fulfills a good, play driving top 4 ES role, even top pair with the right partner. He has plenty of on-ice value. But what happens is suddenly Ghost's PP production can't be replaced in return for a commodity more easily replaced, or that we have already, with Gudas and Sanheim as strong play drivers, and Myers perhaps around the corner.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
But what happens is suddenly Ghost's PP production can't be replaced in return for a commodity more easily replaced, or that we have already, with Gudas and Sanheim as strong play drivers, and Myers perhaps around the corner.
Provorov_Ivan_BRN_Devlin.jpg

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
Yep, Hamilton has flaws. So does Ghost. Those in favor of the trade don’t think they’d be getting a perfect player.
But they’d be getting a RH shot who is better defensively.
Still decent offensively.
And maybe Sanheim can step into the point on a PP that has been avg to bad with Ghost for the last couple of seasons.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Isn’t it interesting that Provorov isn’t recieving any of this irrational hate and trade proposals?

He was easily worse than Ghost up until the all star break, so why aren’t we panicking and trying to dump him....?

Could it possibly be that players who score a lot (especially defensemen) get stereotyped in a way that can’t be shaken? And no matter how they play, some people will never reevaluate and judge them according to how they actually play?

Hmmmmmmm...

(Obviously neither player should be traded, it’s just interesting to see the undeserved hate some get and others avoid)

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Trading good players for worse players doesn't seem wise unless there's an add coming with the worse player to make the deal justifiable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad