Post-Game Talk: #55 Ducks 2 at FLYERS 6, Saturday, Feb. 9, 2019, 1:00 pm ET

Alex K

Apr 20, 2016
Earth
QJvcvf9_d.jpg

flyersfromquebec

Jul 22, 2012
We should trade him for a 3rd pairing defensemen. After all he’s worth a lot and we can replace him with Frost. #GostisbehereLogic

That's plain f***ed up logic there. Using that much demagoguery is weak. That's all I have to say.

Nice win by Hart, Couts, Patrick and Voracek!!!

Reactions: Starat327

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
lol @ benny, per your smoke show comment in the GDT

The technical term is "rocket", so I have been told.

Friend of mine coaches and explained this to me once... You see, there are always like 5 to 10 kids that are locks. And then there are usually 5 to 10 that are close, but you have to make the tough decision on. When you see a promising young athlete, who happens to have a rocket mom, you draw the little rocket beside the name to assist with roster decisions. True story, lol

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004

Friend of mine coaches and explained this to me once... You see, there are always like 5 to 10 kids that are locks. And then there are usually 5 to 10 that are close, but you have to make the tough decision on. When you see a promising young athlete, who happens to have a rocket mom, you draw the little rocket beside the name to assist with roster decisions. True story, lol

Tremendous LOL

Reactions: Bruckuss

StarterHart

Waffle
Feb 2, 2018
Arlington, WA

It's a science, really.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
If any of those other 6 except perhaps Stolie are there in the first, it doesn't end 4-0. Not even close. They would have given one up during the Ducks' 7 min flurry, then would have folded during a snowballing first period. That game ends up 2-1 or 3-1 Ducks after the 1st, and who knows after that. No f***ing question. Instead, Hart makes 2 or three 8-10 bell saves and lo and behold, the Flyers get some bounces and it's looking much different.

All in all, they played a classic Flyers afternoon game. They were not great. Definitely not 6 goals great. They didn't play with much urgency and were quite sloppy at the blue lines.

Some may say it's the goalies that are the only difference. They are a difference, but the player usage (see also: coaching) is just as big of a difference. Lindblom always has produced, but he saw limited minutes. Now he's seeing additional minutes and we're seeing additional production. I think the only one who may be shocked at that is Hakstol. Similarly, Gordo stuck with Patrick through his struggles in the games immediately following Hak's firing. But lo and behold, look at him now. That doesn't happen if Hak is here. TK has now settled into a role and line for once.

Weise isn't able to see top 6 minutes as a liability. Lehtera isn't dragging own the bottom 6. Misha is struggling to get things going, but he's not hurting in ways that some of the dinos Hak and Hex loved (or ghoul). Myers is going to see ice time- another skilled and smooth skating player.

It all adds up. It's what being a team is- the sum of its parts is LESS than the whole for once, and that hasn't happened under Hak. And this is all with a frustrating PP (don't get me started with Giroux's new spot) and, tbh, a not so great by NHL standards coach. This team could be even better, and I really hope an NHL mind is brought in at some point. I hope this doesn't fool them into taking the "interim" tag off, but I think Gordo would be a good assistant to stick with. After all, he knows many of these guys from LV.

Even so it's a fun ride right now and I'm starting to plan my days around the "flyers game" block. Especially Monday. MYERS BABY

oKo4TkW.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->