Prospect Info: 54th Overall Robert Mastrosimone LW/C

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
"The only question here is his accuracy as he can have a tendency to put a lot of shot attempts wide."

I just read the above scouting profile, and this made me think, "I hope this isn't another Pulkkinen"!

@Frk It Why is he your favourite pick so far? Don't know much about any of the picks outside the 1st.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
"The only question here is his accuracy as he can have a tendency to put a lot of shot attempts wide."

I just read the above scouting profile, and this made me think, "I hope this isn't another Pulkkinen"!

@Frk It Why is he your favourite pick so far? Don't know much about any of the picks outside the 1st.

Highly skilled player. Good goal scorer. Just undersized and needs to get a bit quicker.

WaW

Armchair Assistant Coffee Gofer for the GM
Mar 18, 2017
He's going to play on what looks like a stacked Boston University team.

Oddly enough that's might not necessarily a great thing. He's gonna struggle to get minutes in his first two years there, and by the time he's a junior and we'll actually get a real good look at him, we'll have to make a quick decision on whether or not to sign him.

I guess I'd prefer if he were going to a smaller less crowded program for opportunity's sake.

Jul 30, 2005
I mean, what is location, really
Oddly enough that's might not necessarily a great thing. He's gonna struggle to get minutes in his first two years there, and by the time he's a junior and we'll actually get a real good look at him, we'll have to make a quick decision on whether or not to sign him.

I guess I'd prefer if he were going to a smaller less crowded program for opportunity's sake.
It should we okay, since both Mastro and Phillips will likely play the wing. They're stacked at center, though.

Sadekuuro

Aug 23, 2005
Cascadia

Pulkkinen's problem wasn't shooting wide, it was that he was too soft to win board/loose puck battles and thus couldn't be counted on to take a regular shift. If he could have taken care of business on that stuff he would have had many more chances to hit the net.

ShanahanMan

Jan 31, 2009
Tokyo, Japan
I wonder if we would have taken Robertson if TOR didn't take him right before us. Pretty similar, but Robertson looks a bit more skilled.

DatsyukToZetterberg

Alligator!
Apr 3, 2011
Island of Tortuga
Favorite pick so far... by a lot.

Agreed. The best value of any of our picks and the only forward pick that I think you can say has definitive top 6 upside. In my opinion he was the 2nd best USHL prospect this year, behind just Bobby Brink, and I think if he develops just right he can be a 50-60 point forward for the Wings.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Someone said Pulkkinen... but I see more similarities to Tatar as a prospect. Actually might be a good comp for him.

Reactions: Darkseider

tfong

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2008
www.instagram.com
This was probably my favourite pick for the draft. I'm really high on him except he does need skating help but that is one of the easier to rectify issues.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad