Prospect Info: #53 Filip Hronek

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
My impression has been that it's been a part of Hronek's game, occasionally to the point of it bordering on a negative.

Jakub Kindl had a temper in junior and took undisciplined penalties.
I don't see Hronek being that physical or gritty in my limited viewings.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
My impression has been that it's been a part of Hronek's game, occasionally to the point of it bordering on a negative.
He's aggressive, he kinda has to be at his size.
As for stylistic comparisons I'd just say anyone that is great at getting shots through to the net, sets up many tip goals, good skater, passer, skinny but battles hard on d, 6'0 tall, so anyone that has those qualities wouldn't be wrong

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
handedness aside, how about Darryl Sydor? Could move his feet, was pretty productive in Dallas, and had a bit of jam to his game.
Sydor always seemed to be better than the sum of his parts. It's hard to pinpoint any specific thing he did better than his peers, but he was a smart player with a no quit engine. He was most successful on a stacked Stars blueline, but I remember he was on the top defensive pairing for the Cup winning Tampa team.

I'll never forget this effort. Damn.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
I am not sure his shot is anywhere near as heavy as either Faulk and Zidlicky. I like the Zidlicky comparison a lot but he was a bomber at times as a younger player. I hope Hronek develops that a little more, but I don't think he has the howitzer.

Another one I thought of was Visnovsky, obviously a different handedness unlike Zidlicky and Faulk. But a guy that played with his head up and tape to tape consistency. I never thought Visnovsky had an overpowering shot but he still had some massive offensive years. Not sure Hronek would clip numbers as high as Visnovsky but he is an incredibly smart player in terms of movement and his weighting of passes is phenomenal at a young age. Very excited about Hronek.

I like the Visnovsky comparison a bit more than the Zidlicky comparison. I think Hronek uses his feet to open and find passing lanes much better than Zidlicky did. Inside of the offensive zone I think Zidlicky is a fair comparable. Outside of the offensive zone I think he looks more like Visnovsky with the puck. I also like that Hronek is quick to close gaps defensively. I think this is a HUGE part of defending well when you are undersized.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad