I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
No Nate Walker

Who's Sergei Kocharov?

Per the WP:

For a player to get his name engraved on the trophy, he must have played in at least 41 regular season games or one game in the Stanley Cup finals, and while teams can petition for extras, all of the player names Washington has on the trophy meet that criteria. That means that while defenseman Jakub Jerabek and forwards Nathan Walker, Travis Boyd and Shane Gersich appeared in the postseason, their names aren’t on the Cup.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Per the WP:

For a player to get his name engraved on the trophy, he must have played in at least 41 regular season games or one game in the Stanley Cup finals, and while teams can petition for extras, all of the player names Washington has on the trophy meet that criteria. That means that while defenseman Jakub Jerabek and forwards Nathan Walker, Travis Boyd and Shane Gersich appeared in the postseason, their names aren’t on the Cup.

I am so glad they didn't petition for any of those guys. The right player names are there.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
I was pissed at first that more players weren't on there, but then I started looking at who is on there. Its hard to be upset they put guys like the equipment manager/scouts etc.. They are a big part of the team and its good they get credit too. There just isn't a lot of room on that thing. Glad the organization is making a lot of rings. Guys like Bowey/Walker/Gersich/Copley will just need to win another cup.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Bummer they couldn't find a way to get Bondra on there. He's been a good ambassador for the team lately.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I feel like the players that played in the playoffs should make it before many of the management / scout names none of us recognize. Whatever, spilt beer. I like beer. What a tragedy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad