52 Names

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
NHL allows 52 names to be inscribed on the Cup, the 34 I listed below are automatic (41 reg season games or played in 1 game of the Final) and some are no brainers (staff people) so let's speculate on who the other 18 are. I have no other ideas beyond maybe they petition for Nathan Walker and Boyd. I linked a staff directory at the bottom.

Players:

Backstrom
Beagle
Bowey (played 51 regular season games)
Burakovsky
Carlson
Chaisson (played 61 regular season games)
Connelly
Djoos
Eller
Grubauer
Holtby
Kempny
Kuznetsov
Niskanen
Orlov
Orpik
Ovechkin
Smith-Pelley
Stephenson
Vrana
Wilson

Coaches and staff:
Trotz
Reirdon
Forsythe
Lambert
Nemish (strength and conditioning)
Patrick
Leonsis
McClellan
Mahoney (asst. GM)
Fishman (asst. GM)
Serbus (head trainer)
Miles (head equipment)
Leydig (asst equip)

Staff Directory

Not sure but maybe a mod could PIN this?

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

Vilica

Jun 1, 2014
Kolzig has that nebulous "development coach" job so they probably can put him on it in staff. Leonhardt and Ohashi as video coaches probably, maybe Tim Barnes as hockey analytics too.

Misery74

Nov 20, 2017
I think the announcers get them too, not sure on that though.

Joe B, Locker, Walton, and Ken Sabourin?

peterthegreat12

Hopeless Caps fan ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Jan 22, 2011
Washington DC
NHL allows 52 names to be inscribed on the Cup, the 33 I listed below are automatic (41 reg season games or played in 1 game of the Final) and some are no brainers (staff people) so let's speculate on who the other 19 are. I have no other ideas beyond maybe they petition for Nathan Walker and Boyd. I linked a staff directory at the bottom.

Players:

Backstrom
Beagle
Bowey (played 51 regular season games)
Burakovsky
Carlson
Chaisson (played 61 regular season games)
Connelly
Djoos
Eller
Grubauer
Holtby
Kempny
Kuznetsov
Niskanen
Orlov
Orpik
Ovechkin
Smith-Pelley
Stephenson
Vrana
Wilson

Coaches and staff:
Trotz
Reirdon
Forsythe
Lambert
Nemish (strength and conditioning)
Patrick
Leonsis
Mahoney (asst. GM)
Fishman (asst. GM)
Serbus (head trainer)
Miles (head equipment)
Leydig (asst equip)

Staff Directory

Not sure but maybe a mod could PIN this?
You are missing BMac.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
You are missing BMac.

Thanks will edit.

I think the announcers get them too, not sure on that though.

Joe B, Locker, Walton, and Ken Sabourin?

Nope, I looked it up. They will get rings but not their name on the Cup unless Caps petition.

I think Mitch Korn gets on it, Nathan Walker next likeliest player because he had that assist and the Australia aspect.

I think you are correct about Korn and it would be well deserved.

smd333

May 2, 2012
I would think if you got a point in this playoffs you'd get on. Walker and Jerabek both have one. Boyd and Gersich both participated in these playoffs. idk if just suiting up is the bar I always thought it was

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC
So 18.

5 players - only Copley didn't play a game in playoffs or regular season so he is out
Jerabek
Walker
Boyd
Gersich
Copley

So leaves 14 staff/ownership

Brett Leonhardt - Video
Tim Ohashi - video
Scott Murray - goalie
Mitch Korn - goalie
Olaf Kolzig - professional dev
Tim Barnes - analytics
Kris Wagner - hockey ops
Steve Bowman - head scout
Chris Patrick - dir player personnel
Steve Richmond - dir. player dev
Raul Fernandez - vice chairman
Shelia Johnson - vice chairman
The next two favorite owners - maybe Mark Lerner

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Taylor Chorney? You have to feel for the guy. Played in 24 games and his one goal was a gw. Caps tried to send him to Hershey but Columbus stepped in and he only got to play in one game for them.

No friggin way, he contributed nothing. I am still amazed that the Pens put a guy who played 21 games with them, 3 in the early playoffs games, Mark Streit on the Cup. As a player, I would be embarrassed by my inclusion when I had zero to do with it. I can't believe Jeff Schultz got his name and actually spent a day with the Cup, it's a complete joke, he earned neither.

Also, I looked at the Pens from last season and they put the team doctor on it, so that's someone I hadn't thought of. I am willing to bet Kolzig is a sure fire one as well.

Reactions: RandyHolt

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
No friggin way, he contributed nothing. I am still amazed that the Pens put a guy who played 21 games with them, 3 in the early playoffs games, Mark Streit on the Cup. As a player, I would be embarrassed by my inclusion when I had zero to do with it. I can't believe Jeff Schultz got his name and actually spent a day with the Cup, it's a complete joke, he earned neither.

Also, I looked at the Pens from last season and they put the team doctor on it, so that's someone I hadn't thought of. I am willing to bet Kolzig is a sure fire one as well.
I don't agree, but it's also not worthy of a lengthy discussion/debate.

HunterSThompson

[}=[][][][][]
Jun 19, 2007
Washington, DC

Dr. John Klimkiewicz from WOSM would be the Doc.

On a side note, WOSM is awesome. They do a great job.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sam Spade

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
I've seen Jerabek's name a few times, what would the argument for him be other than black ace in the playoffs?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Jerabek actually played in the playoffs, and was next man up if they couldn't put Orpik's finger back on. Sure we lost both games, but he got an assist.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
I've seen Jerabek's name a few times, what would the argument for him be other than black ace in the playoffs?
Jerabek was better than Kempny early on. He was overmatched in the 2 games against CBJ, but that doesn't mean he can't improve. I frankly couldn't care less about keeping him one way or the other, but he was good for them in the lead up to the playoffs.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org
Here’s the full list:
Ownership: Ted Leonsis (owner), Dick Patrick (team president)
Hockey operations: Brian MacLellan (general manager), Donald Fishman (assistant GM), J. Ross Mahoney (assistant GM), Kristian Wagner (director of hockey operations), Christopher Patrick (director of player personnel), Steve Richmond (director of player development), Rob Tillotson (director of team services), Olie Kolzig (professional development coach), Sergey Kocharov (vice president of communications)
Coaches: Barry Trotz (head coach), Todd Reirden (associate coach), Blaine Forsythe (assistant coach), Lane Lambert (assistant coach), Brett Leonhardt (video coach), Timothy Ohashi (video analyst), Scott Murray (goaltending coach), Mitch Korn (director of goaltending), Mark Nemish (strength and conditioning coach), Jason Serbus (head athletic trainer), Michael Booi (assistant athletic trainer)
Equipment staff: Brock Myles (head equipment manager), Craig Leydig (assistant equipment manager), David Marin (equipment assistant)
Scouting: Steve Bowman, Jason Fitzsimmons, Ed McColgan, Martin Pouliot, Brian Sutherby
Players: Alex Ovechkin (captain), Nicklas Backstrom, Jay Beagle, Madison Bowey, Andre Burakovsky, John Carlson, Alex Chiasson, Brett Connolly, Christian Djoos, Lars Eller, Philipp Grubauer, Braden Holtby, Michal Kempny, Evgeny Kuznetsov, Matt Niskanen, Dmitry Orlov, Brooks Orpik, T.J. Oshie, Devante Smith-Pelly, Chandler Stephenson, Jakub Vrana, Tom Wilson

S5SCTAWFWII6RHAPF75PNVBCVI.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad