GDT: [#52] Dallas Stars @ New York Rangers, 6:00 PM CST (FSSW+, ESPN+)

Status
Not open for further replies.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
can someone explain to me why it's such a no no to have the slightly late shot? i mean, i'd get it if someone ripped off a 100mph slap shot, but a little wrister? is that really worth going bonkers over? seems to be universal, but why? is it really injury concern, or just established, unwritten rule?

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
can someone explain to me why it's such a no no to have the slightly late shot? i mean, i'd get it if someone ripped off a 100mph slap shot, but a little wrister? is that really worth going bonkers over? seems to be universal, but why? is it really injury concern, or just established, unwritten rule?

Probably has something to do with who took the shot. If Perry took that shot the Rangers would have the same reaction

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
It’s mostly out of respect for the goalie . If it’s really close , no one usually makes a big deal though . I don’t think benn grabbing Lemieux was all that necessary last night . It’s harder than it looks to stop yourself from shooting in half a second when you already made up your mind .

Reactions: eartotheground

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Shooting after the whistle is just viewed as a guy being childish, so players freak out when it happens.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I remember Kari getting injured one time on a late shot.

That is true, and why risk what is an intentional injury (should it happen) in a injury filled profession. You just don't disrespect other guys trying to make the same living you are. You could see Dobby letting up just a little when the whistle blow, or it probably wouldn't have gone in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->