Prospect Info: #51 Overall - Jack Dougherty

Top 6 Spaling

Jun 23, 2010
Smashville
He's a comedian apparently

Michael Russo ‏@Russostrib 2m

Taken by NSH after #preds also took Russian Vladislav Kamenev (speaks no English), Dougherty said,"We're speechless right now, especially him"

Nothing Is New

Sep 26, 2011
Our last pick - Aaaron Irving- may have been the biggest steal of the draft. He was the 40th prospect on RedLine and the comp they used for him is Josi. Good size "2-way defender with offensive upside - minute eater".

We really addressed our defensive depth issue in the system very well.

ChesterCopperpot1*

We won't see him.

He's going to the GREATEST COLLEGE HOCKEY PROGRAM IN THE KNOWN UNIVERSE, aka the University of Wisconsin at Madison.

I don't get how college and the NHL draft work. Is it something similar to college baseball, where if you decide to go to college, you can re-enter te draft in 3 years but the team that draft you out of HS loses your rights? Or do the Preds retain his rights throughout college?

Filip Forceberg

Sep 19, 2007
Brooklyn, NY
I don't get how college and the NHL draft work. Is it something similar to college baseball, where if you decide to go to college, you can re-enter te draft in 3 years but the team that draft you out of HS loses your rights? Or do the Preds retain his rights throughout college?

The Preds retain his rights throughout college. Once the player leaves college, I believe they have 30 days to negotiate a contract before he becomes a UFA.

Blake Wheeler was drafted by the Coyotes, but after playing for 3 years at Minnesota, the Coyotes couldn't get him to sign a contract and he signed as a UFA with Boston.

jwhouk

Former Cheesehead, Always a Preds Fan
Apr 19, 2004
Valley of the Sun
jwhouk.net
Sometimes college helps. Sometimes it doesn't.

Brian Elliott probably could have been a much better goalie if he'd gone straight to the pros, but he did pretty good, winning a national title in Madison.

That Other Gentleman only played one year before deciding to go play in Milwaukee for a year during the lockout.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad