OT: 50th Obsequious Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

sobrien

RAFFLCOPTER
Jul 19, 2009
South Jersey
I'm heading to Montreal tonight, going to be there all day tomorrow and some of Monday, then off to Ottawa for the rest of the day.

Gonna catch an Val d'Or vs. Armada game while in MTL (NAK!) and probably a 67's game in OTT (no Konecny!)

Locals and those familiar with the region, would it be frowned upon to wear a (fake) Nordiques jersey in Montreal? Any particular spots I should hit? Definitely interested in the Planetarium, outdoor skating, and of course poutine!

Also, is there a risk of the Armada game selling out?

edit: Have been to the Habs board for their "visiting fans" thread, it was extremely helpful! Wouldn't be considering the planetarium or skating w/o it

MiamiScreamingEagles

Global Moderator
Jan 17, 2004
^

He was only diagnosed two days before he died? Crazy.

That's nuts.

I don't know when the diagnosis was identified but he was in ill health for a while. This is from 2013:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-e...e-to-lemmy-kilmisters-ill-health-8686069.html

Metal band Motorhead have been forced to cancel a number of summer concert dates due the ill health of frontmant Lemmy Kilmister.

A statement on the band's website reads: "Regretfully, Motörhead announces it has had to cancel its remaining six summer festival appearances. The band hate to let their fans down by missing any shows, but they expect to be back in full force this Fall."

"As you may have heard, earlier this Spring Lemmy had some medical maintenance for the long-term good, He was, at that time, advised to rest, but once feeling better, he of course resumed his life as usual. He has since been advised that he should immediately take some more time to rest."

Superman33

Feb 27, 2002
Bucks County.
Anyone get a flu shot? Apparently they may not end up being too effective this year. I had one in October and was diagnosed with the flu today. Turns out normally they are only like 60% effective, according to my doctor last year they were really good though.

All I could think of was the episode of Friends when they freak out over condom effectiveness. https://youtu.be/ClEyYiu2-Ms

My immune system is weak sauce. I'm currently on a 6 year cycle of getting the flu. '03 was regular, '09 was swine, and now '15. I was patient zero, 3 months ahead, for my area for Swine and my doctor's quote today was "Guess flu season has to start sometime", so once again I am patient zero for his office. I'm like a canary in a mine.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Part of my job revolves around this-- it just mutates too much as it travels through zoonosis-- if you're relatively young and healthy you'll be fine. :/

Embiid

*Injured
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I've never had a flu shot, and never had the flu. I expect some sort of correlation there

Same here...best defense has been exercise to strengthen the immune system so far for me. Been about 4 or 5 years since I came down with the flu if I recall correctly.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Last edited:

CodyTheHuman

Dec 31, 2014
California
I'm sorry Lemmy :( I just saw them in concert within the last 2 or 3 years at the Electric Factory. Was an awesome show. On a positive note, my roommate has now donned the Lemmy as his new facial hair style of choice and spent the night smoking a million cigarettes and drinking everything in sight.

Last interview

http://www.zdf.de/ZDFmediathek/beit.../2607602/Interview-Motoerhead-Lemmy-Kilmister

I thought about shaving my beard to the Lemmy facial hair (I've done it in the past), but it's been cold and I don't want my face cold.

Cyborg LeClair

Thank You Mr. Snider
Nov 18, 2011
Jurassic Park
I've never had a flu shot, and never had the flu. I expect some sort of correlation there

Same here. Everyone I know who gets the flu shot gets the flu

I mean, they're infecting their self with a little bit of flu to "build immunity" to it. But id rather just let my immune system handle it as it comes rather than invite it into my body. Seems dumb to get a flu shot, unfortunately, some people's jobs require it

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

I mean, they're infecting their self with a little bit of flu to "build immunity" to it. But id rather just let my immune system handle it as it comes rather than invite it into my body. Seems dumb to get a flu shot, unfortunately, some people's jobs require it

Agreed. Kids today are so sheltered in "playing", and overprotective parents Purelling everything, their bodies don't naturally build up a defense system.

Of course my nurse wife gets hers and she gets sick at least once a season. Me almost never.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ

Well, yes, you do inject it into yourself. But the virus you are injecting yourself with is inactive/dead (idk, Flyotes could probably explain it better) the purpose behind it is to introduce your body to a small sample of it so it your immune system gets use to it and can start producing whatever it needs to produce to fight it before you actually catch it. That said, I never get it and have never had it. It's funny at work we share desks. Everyone that comes in and basically dumps a buckets of alcohol on their desks are the same people that call in sick every couple of months and the people that don't are the people that are there every day. :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->