OT: 50th Obsequious Banter Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
My dad has all six movie posters framed in the basement/mancave. Sitting down there watching the game tonight it dawned on me that it would be probably the best christmas gift to get the seventh poster. Just got it off amazon, but had to pay a little extra for it to get here on time

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
The movie was incredible. I assume there are a few people who would have rather just been put in a theater and shown the empire strikes back, but this, believe it or not, is supposed to be a different film entirely. Every inch of it was 1000x better than anything in the prequels, and as much as i love the original movies, the new trilogy has potential to be better.

Yes, that's right, new things can in fact be better than the originals.

Im with you. I loved it!

It was a fantastic origin story for the new generation of characters, and a perfect tribute to the old ones that paved the way.

I cant wait for Episode VIII!

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I get really annoyed at Abrams screen flares. One of the biggest detractors of the Star Trek movies. I'm happy to report that I've watched Star Wars twice now and didn't notice them once. So they might be in there but they dont stand out or detract from the visuals. Not like Star Trek where a static shot on the bridge is loaded with screen flares for no reason

Also, Kylo Ren is awesome

I didnt notice a single lens flare

That being said, their impact is incredibly overstated

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
95% of critics liked it

8.8/10 rating on iMDB

Some people will never be happy though.

Thats life! Tough luck for whoever didnt enjoy it lol

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
That Miss Universe debacle is one of the most cringe-worthy things I've seen. Feel bad for both of the women.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
I live in Vegas and there was a ridiculous vehicular slaughter.

Drunk driver ran over 40 people killing one and critically injuring a dozen more

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Yea Im not sure she was actually drunk police say they are treating it as intentional and she drove on and off the sidewalk in multiple places intentionally.

Sombastate

Jun 19, 2011
Las Vegas
She was homeless and living in her car with her 3 year old.

Had been in Vegas for 1 week.

Still 6 in critical (but stable) with head trauma.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->