Vancouver-Canucks-flying-skate.jpg

this instead:

11716890.jpg

Reactions: EastEnderVan

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
Skate. Although that red alternate skate jersey in the mid 90s was the only jersey to ever come close to how terrible our current kit is

No love for the salmon skate, eh? I got mine customized into a #21 Lumme after meeting the man at an Alumni game in April. I think it looks pretty darn spiffy.

But really - the black and white skates (away and home) with the red trim are the best of that bunch.

Reactions: Jyrki21

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
Well considering it's our 50th anniversay let's use the jersey we used 50 years ago. All this needed was some minor updates, the white logo against blue looks a million times better than blue on blue. Keep the shoulders bare, shoulder patches suck. The sleeves are awesome though. Our goalie has to wear all brown pads as well.

vancouvercanucks_1970-1978_000105030.jpg

Seattle Totems

Apr 14, 2010
What a f***ing joke. They dont even give the option of the ORIGINAL uniform on the FIFTIETH anniversary. Just sell the damn team already you clowns.

groov2

Apr 11, 2014
Vancouver
My favourite, because of my childhood, is the skate, but I would love to see the Flying V in action!

Kryten

slightly regarded
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2011
Kootenays
No love for the salmon skate, eh? I got mine customized into a #21 Lumme after meeting the man at an Alumni game in April. I think it looks pretty darn spiffy.

But really - the black and white skates (away and home) with the red trim are the best of that bunch.
I do like yellow contrast for the name and numbers on them. It was just too weird. Thats awesome though, Lumme was my favourite D growing up. Do you have it framed or do you wear it?

Reactions: Jyrki21

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Flying V.

We've seen the skate. The Orca is too recent. Flying V the logical choice. But if I could, I would write-in for this:

Vancouver-Canucks-flying-skate.jpg

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I do like yellow contrast for the name and numbers on them. It was just too weird. Thats awesome though, Lumme was my favourite D growing up. Do you have it framed or do you wear it?

It hangs on my wall in my man cave, so I can pull it down and wear it.

I have all the home, always and alternates the franchise has ever had, a few of them autographed.

White Rink n Stick - 29 McIlhargey
Blue Rink n Stick - 24 Monahan
Yellow Flying V
Black Flying V
Black/Orange Skate
Yellow Skate - 1 McLean
White Skate - 7 Ronning
Black Skate
Red Skate - 21 Lumme
White Orca
Navy Orca - 19 Naslund
Alt Orca - 18 Kariya
White Current
Blue Current - 33 H. Sedin(no auto)
Alt Current (modified rink and stick)
Millionaires

Feb 24, 2017
Colour wise, do you actually hate the WCE era orca jersey? Or just the orca on it? Cause I don’t find it to be a bad look at all. And when you look at all the players who wore it, it’s got all of our good eras covered.

Kirk McLean, Trevor Linden, Pavel Bure, Sami Salo, Matthias Ohlund, Ed Jovanovski, Alex Burrows, Ryan Kesler, Hank and Danny Sedin, Kevin Bieksa, Luc Bourdon, Alex Edler, Matt Cooke, Rick Rypien, Willie Mitchell, Brendan Morrison, Todd Bertuzzi, Markus Naslund, Martin Gelinas, Dave Babych, Jyrki Lumme, Donald Brashear, Gino Odjick, whoever else, etc

Last edited:
Reactions: The Stig

The Stig

Your hero.
Feb 14, 2013
Maple Ridge B.C.
I voted for skate.

Id love it if they wore all three at some point. The V is so ugly that its funny. And you know what? In a vacuum, the original orca is a really clean jersey. Clean colors and a nice design. BUT. It replaced the most popular jersey in club history, and represented the corporate takeover of the team. It holds a lot of resentment with fans.

Mr. Canucklehead

Kitimat Canuck
Dec 14, 2002
Kitimat, BC
I don’t hate the WCE Orca. I know the corporate criticisms it got but I liked the colour scheme and the logo itself. At this point though, after 21 years of the Orca being our primary logo, I would like to see a different throwback jersey, and the skate deserves it, IMO.

Reactions: The Stig

Huggy43

Jan 13, 2016
Burnaby, BC
Pretty sure it was 3 yrs ago today that they announced we were getting the skate back for the game vs Toronto.

Vancouver: we are the definition of crazy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->