50 For Draisaitl

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
He got 40 in his first year, hasn't hit it since, he's a one and done so far. Who know what would happen if he was healthy or not. Pure speculation. Leon on the other hand has got 50 and been in top 10 in scoring 2 of last 3 years. Have to check but not sure if Matthews has ever been inside top 30. Two straight years at 41st and 42nd in the league. I think we know by now what kind of player he is.

Thats not a knock AM, he's a fine player in his own right. Just not on that level.
I think Matthews will figure out a way to stay healthier and start putting up 40-50 goals somewhat consistently but I doubt he ever has a season that matches or exceeds what Drai did statistically this season. He just isn't a good enough playmaker to hit 100 points other than maybe in a career year where everything goes right.

Reactions: yegoldboysclub

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
How are the Oilers not making playoff runs? Ugh with that team.

If you believe NHLE numbers have any value, at one point fairly late in the season if you swapped out the bottom 9 Oiler forwards with the top 9 Condors forwards (this was before Currie and Gambardella were recalled) the Oilers would have roughly seen an improvement of 25 goals.

I’d still have kept Chiasson and Kassian but most of the Oiler forwards would have been smacked around by a good AHL team.

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
I wonder how many points McDavid contributed to.

edit: the answer is 67 points...and before it gets said, no Draisaitl wasn't the one who carried McDavid.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Tavares 35 goals without Marner.
Ovechkin 35 goals without Kuznetzov.
Skinner 25 goals without Eichel.
Kari Kurri 40 goals without Gretzky
Bobby Hull 40 goals without Mikita.

Not sure the point is?
Playing with a playmaker helps with goal-scoring. Not breaking news

Any reason you didn't include Draisaitl in this?

He scored 21 goals without McDavid collecting an assist on it.
He scored 9 goals without McDavid on the ice.

McDavid also shared a scoreline with 64% of Draisaitl's points this season (67/105 points)

These stats are very surprising. Draisaitl certainly owes a large part of his success (and salary) to McDavid.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario

McDavid also shared a scoreline with 64% of Draisaitl's points this season (67/105 points)

These stats are very surprising. Draisaitl certainly owes a large part of his success (and salary) to McDavid.

Link to this? I am curious about some other players.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Link to this? I am curious about some other players.

Hockey-reference. I went to his scoring log and simply counted which goals McDavid assisted him on (Control + F McDavid to highlight his name, makes it easier).

Then I looked into Draisaitl's 21 lone goals without McDavid and did a quick check on whether or not he was on the ice by checking the boxscore.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Hockey-reference. I went to his scoring log and simply counted which goals McDavid assisted him on (Control + F McDavid to highlight his name, makes it easier).

Then I looked into Draisaitl's 21 lone goals without McDavid and did a quick check on whether or not he was on the ice by checking the boxscore.
Thanks

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013

Yawn.

McDavid scored 18 goals without Draisaitl collecting an assist on it.
McDavid scored 8 goals without Draisaitl on the ice.

Draisaitl also shared a scoreline with 58% of McDavid's points this season (67/116 points)

Last edited:

Golden Puppers

Mar 20, 2019

Yawn.

McDavid scored 18 goals without Draisaitl collecting an assist on it.
McDavid scored 8 goals without Draisaitl on the ice.

Draisaitl also shared a scoreline with 58% of McDavid's points this season (67/116 points)

So what you're saying is 2 elite players share most of their ice time together and both contributed a lot on each other's goals/points...?!

300px-Surprised_Pikachu_3D.jpg

yababy

Jun 26, 2015

how can you get that from a boxscore?
I think you made a huge leap of assumption here.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
50/100 has only been done 11 times in the cap era:
Ovechkin (x4)
Heatley (x2)
Jagr
Crosby
Malkin
Lecavalier
Draisaitl

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007

How much of mcdavids salary does he owe to Draisiatl?

How much of kurris salary belongs to gretzky?

Bossy/ trottier?

Since mcdavid is probably the best player in the league you can make the same argument you just made with any player in the league if he played with mcdavid.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
we definitely got to fix this team so that these two amazing players of ours can be in the playoffs. It must happen!

Saltcreek

Nov 23, 2016

Dumbest post of the day award goes to you. You find it surprising that 2 highly skilled players benefit from playing with each other? Does Draisaitl have to go end to end every goal?

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Dumbest post of the day award goes to you. You find it surprising that 2 highly skilled players benefit from playing with each other? Does Draisaitl have to go end to end every goal?

Of course not, but it shows he struggles to produce without McDavid on the ice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad