50 For Draisaitl

yababy

Jun 26, 2015
Only the third 50+ goal scorer in the last twenty seasons to not score an empty netter (Ovechkin & Heatley in 2005-06 are the others).

that's significant.
NHL should look into this. Betting the team or player is paying to have the goalie pulled.
Oilers should have done this to get Draisaitl is 51st

fancy dan

too many losing
Jun 21, 2011
i think the most amazing part of this story is that when he came into the league he was viewed as a "pass first" player that needed to work on his skating. in junior he wasn't a shooter (despite putting up decent #'s for goals). this kind of adaptability from a player is quite astonishing and leads me to wonder if we still won't see even more improvement.

EDIT: he still isn't a "shooter"

Reactions: B33K33PING

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Can we agree, he's also signed to one of the best contracts in the NHL in the last 3 yrs
I would say this post is funny, and to wait till next season first. This post is funny because just last year or so he was on one of the worst contracts and one of the most overpaid players. How fast things change.

Relatively speaking, this season's jump for him might be similar to William Karlsson's jump last season.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I would say this post is funny, and to wait till next season first. This post is funny because just last year or so he was on one of the worst contracts and one of the most overpaid players. How fast things change.

Relatively speaking, this season's jump for him might be similar to William Karlsson's jump last season.

Draisaitl >>>>>> William Karlsson

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019

He's been in top 10 in scoring two of last 3 years. I doubt he is a one and done at 40 goals like a Matthews or Karlsson. He's the real deal.

I've never heard anything about him being overpaid and having a bad contract. Don't know if Matthews would be a good comparison as he is only a 70 pt guy, 41st in scoring, compared to a legit top 5 talent, but he's making 3 million more, and Toronto fans are ok with that. I have no problem with Leons contract.

Last edited:

olli

Unregistered User
Dec 2, 2016
cÃnÃdÃ
He's been in top 10 in scoring two of last 3 years. I doubt he is a one and done at 40 goals like a Matthews or Karlsson. He's the real deal.

I've never heard anything about him being overpaid and having a bad contract. Don't know if Matthews would be a good comparison as he is only a 70 pt guy, 41st in scoring, compared to a legit top 5 talent, but he's making 3 million more, and Toronto fans are ok with that. I have no problem with Leons contract.
How is Matthews a one and done 40
Goal scorer if he has 111 goals in 212 career games?? He’d have 3 40 goal seasons if he hadn’t gotten 2 injuries.

qwerty

Feb 4, 2007
Calgary
Wonder how much Draisaitl hates Rasmus Andersson for costing him a chance at the Richard. That puck was definitely on its way in and somehow he swatted it down about 10 feet in the air.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
Wasn't he more of a playmaker coming out of juniors? I swear I remember Getzlaf comparisons

Wow gj drai

I always thought the best comparison was Kopitar, but the goal scoring this year really shatters that. But yeah... playmaking is definitely a forte which makes this so much more special. His one timer this year has been unreal.

Slimmy

Jan 3, 2009
GBG
How can people be surprised Drai does not have any empty net goals? Who pulls their goalie against the Oilers?

Reactions: kundahlini

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I always thought the best comparison was Kopitar, but the goal scoring this year really shatters that. But yeah... playmaking is definitely a forte which makes this so much more special. His one timer this year has been unreal.
I kind of see Malkin. Similar styles of play, big bodies, excellent vision, playmaking, and a surprisingly good shooter.

Malkin was the clear #3 of his generation after 87 then 8. I don't think Draisaitl will ever be at that level, but in reference to his peers, I kind of see it stylistically. More than Getzlaf or Kopitar at least.

Steely Van

Oct 12, 2018
Glad he got 50 or else we'd never hear the end of how Alexander Old Chicken was the only goal scorer at 50 or more goals.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
8 pages and no overpaid jokes yet?

This dude gets paid like Willie Nylander and only scores 50. What a bust.

Reactions: Sacul

yegoldboysclub

Jan 30, 2019
How is Matthews a one and done 40
Goal scorer if he has 111 goals in 212 career games?? He’d have 3 40 goal seasons if he hadn’t gotten 2 injuries.

He got 40 in his first year, hasn't hit it since, he's a one and done so far. Who know what would happen if he was healthy or not. Pure speculation. Leon on the other hand has got 50 and been in top 10 in scoring 2 of last 3 years. Have to check but not sure if Matthews has ever been inside top 30. Two straight years at 41st and 42nd in the league. I think we know by now what kind of player he is.

Thats not a knock AM, he's a fine player in his own right. Just not on that level.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
How are the Oilers not making playoff runs? Ugh with that team.
Because Mike Milbury 2.0 destroyed the team. Imagine inheriting two 100 point players and actually managing to make the team worse.

Edit- not to mention a Hart trophy winner, a 55 point winger in his worst season, and two high picks in the best draft ever. f*** f*** f***

Last edited:
Reactions: McFlyingV

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->