Post-Game Talk: #50 | FLYERS (A) vs. Devils (H) | Thursday, Apr. 29, 2021 | Loss 5-3

Stumble40

Jun 24, 2019
upload_2021-4-29_21-55-36.jpeg

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
worst season in my lifetime. managed to miss the mark on everything--playoffs, a decent draft pick, asset stockpiling at the deadline. oh, yeah, and that deadline--where they just added another contract for another whatever guy--also now increases the likelihood that they lose real NHL talent in the expansion draft.

no positives from this season. not a single one. no silver lining, nothing. a failure on every front. I mean, the 06-07 season set up the 09-10 Cup run. not the draft pick, but the acquisitions and changes made during the season as a result of the shit play. there was at least some satisfaction as Holmgren shuffled players out of town that there'd be new blood in, and even if the season was lost, the fundamental makeover the roster needed wasn't going to be put on hold.

what happens this year? everyone just gets a pat on the back and a few months off. Fletcher's gonna make some dumb move for a second pairing defenseman who makes first pairing money, and that'll be that. maybe we get to go lose a first round again this time next year.

f*** this team. f*** this franchise.

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Sad part is if they retain these coaches and the same thing happens again next year, then we will waste another season trying to recover from a bad start.

Great system AV. Keep up the great work!!!! You and all of the coaching staff.

Problem is we always tank in season with shitty f***ing mediocre drafts... its our curse.... Next two years there's franchise players available ..... we won't be lucky enough to tank..

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
Shame is i have a feeling coaches stay and trades are made in the off season because we weren't good enough here or there and need to be better this way or that. Something tells me there getting another goalie and there gonna f up hart even more. What goalie can be expected to do good when scoring chances are handed out from the circles in by this system....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad