Pre-Game Talk: #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
King brings nothing to the lineup. He doesn't skate well enough to play in the NHL at this point. I'm not sur he's in the league next year.

It was already obvious to many here that King has lost a step and more as he was never able to keep pace since he was acquired. It's not as if the playoffs are going to be played at a slower pace than the regular season. I don't know what Habs management sees in the guy but at this point in his career, his infamous experience might best serve in an assistant coaching capacity. He's badly out-matched.

Forum93

Feb 16, 2015
Come on man, Nash wasn't intentionally trying to injure price on that play.

Well it was the second time he's done that to Price this year. Based on that I can't say with certainty that it wasn't intentional and nor can anyone else. Drive to the net recklessly, if Price gets hurt in the process- oh well tough luck.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm very confident in game 5. We got this

My heart says yes but my mind says no.
I think we are in trouble particularly if NY scores first.
We didn't show much on our PP last game which opens the door for more nastiness.
The Rangers know they own us physically. Our only chance is to make them pay when they are short handed. Unfortunately last game they got a boost every time we couldn't exert any pressure on our PP.
If you aren't going to beat the guy who knees your Star Goalie in the head you'd better damn well score on the ensuing PP.
Basic hockey 101.

Roadhouse

Bring me back to 2006...
Dec 12, 2016
Prescott & Russell
Some of the Habs players looked like they had cement in their skates last night... yet 'Diane Sauve' is the only one who speculated that the common cold- or worse, the flu was being passed in the locker room. Hmm.

Hopefully they are fully recharged to go to war in game 5.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
If Emelin is back for Game 5, I'd go with 7D. He hasn't played in awhile. Ease him into game 5 and see how it goes.

Sit King. It also gives an extra spot for double shifting other players like Patches, Radulov etc on the 4th line.

Hope he's ready to play hard, tough hockey and is "good" Emelin and not "He's awful" Emelin.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
My heart says yes but my mind says no.
I think we are in trouble particularly if NY scores first.
We didn't show much on our PP last game which opens the door for more nastiness.
The Rangers know they own us physically. Our only chance is to make them pay when they are short handed. Unfortunately last game they got a boost every time we couldn't exert any pressure on our PP.
If you aren't going to beat the guy who knees your Star Goalie in the head you'd better damn well score on the ensuing PP.
Basic hockey 101.

1)This is true we are in a hole if we don't score first. But my gut is that our guys come out flying and that doesn't happen
2)We have beat down on the rangers this series, it's been a physical series for both teams, the second bolded part of your post is entirely inaccurate.

Radulov, Price, Pacioretty are going to come out motivated IMO

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
I was optimistic all series but I'm suddenly not so sure.

Our offense has to wake the F up

Apr 28, 2010
Feels the exact opposite to me. Hope you're right though.

**** that.

I want the Habs to win the next two.

Nobody wants the Habs to go back to MSG facing elimination.

Game 6 will be on saturday and we all know Price's stats on saturdays. Hoping it continues.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I'm not sure about Emein in THIS series. Davidson has been great, and Nate, for all his foibles, has the speed necessary. I wouldn't mind it, but I hope we'd get GOOD Emelin.

I'm convinced Hudon would be dynamite in this series. Unfortunately, we have to look big, without (King) actually using that size.

Unbelievable how little King is hitting in the friggin NHL playoffs.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
My ideal scenario

Out:
Dwight King
Nathan Beaulieu

In:
Michael McCarron or maybe even Hudon or Scherbak (anyone but King)
Alexei Emelin

I would bring in Hudon and McCarron, they would both be hungry, we used to be the best franchise in the league at doing this. Make it happen.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I was optimistic all series but I'm suddenly not so sure.

Our offense has to wake the F up

We scored 1 more goal on a goalie than the rangers in this series
And the rangers had the 4th best offense in the league during the reg. season

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
You guys need to forget Hudon for now. I see a lot of people want him to be called up to replace King. Hudon is with the Ice Caps for their playoff run and he will not budge. If the Ice Caps lose before Montreal does, then he is a legitimate option. But right now, don't hold your breath for him. McCarron, Flynn, and Martinsen will be inserted before Hudon gets a chance.

The earliest Hudon can be available is next Wednesday on the 26th. That is Game 3 of their Best-of-5 series with Syracuse. If they get swept, Ice Caps are done that night. Hudon will join Habs if they get passed the Rangers in their first round match up.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
We scored 1 more goal on a goalie than the rangers in this series
And the rangers had the 4th best offense in the league during the reg. season

After the game, I wasn't really pissed with the team overall, I was and am pissed at Pacioretty who is supposed to be our most skilled pure sniper.

I thought we were putting the pressure on, and the rangers were playing well defensively. I think game 3 made us forget how inept we typically are offensively cuz we were scoring beauty goals. Ftm Radu to Mitchell to Weber to Mitchell was sick too.

Pacioretty needs to score goals. That is all.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I will scream, cheer and have the usual butterflies tomorrow but last night's game really concerns me moving forward.
Rangers punished the Habs last night and there was no answer.
Sadly, I am not optimistic. I hope I am wrong

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
I will scream, cheer and have the usual butterflies tomorrow but last night's game really concerns me moving forward.

All through last nights game I expected us to come back and at least go to OT, the effort was either not there or the Rangers countered with a game that we had no answer for.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Sit King and play Flynn
What might play against Flynn tho is the fact that he was horrible in the couple of games he played after coming back from injury near the end of the season.

But he's a 0.5 ppg in the playoffs :naughty: so its worth the risk

Lycanthrope

Dec 3, 2011
I recall my first playoff series at the Molson Center. Actually I think it was THE first playoff series there. Vs the Rangers. We won the first two games, with Damphousse on a tear, and then I think lost in 6 (4 straight losses?) Edit: it was the reverse - we won the first two in NYC, and lost at the BC the next 2. I was at game 4.

We lost in the ECF recently.

We need redemption. You can never predict the bounces and tips, but I feel like we'll do the job. It won't be easy, but I have faith in CJ, Price, Gally, and Weber.

Remember that series well. It was in six..four straight wins by the Rags.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick

the other team played at their very best while the habs were all sick and they only won by a lucky goal

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Still pissed that 4 was there for the taking and was wasted. Gotta win 5 at home against best road team in NHL. Habs need a perfect game
Being "the best road team" doesn't mean being unbeatable on the road. As I recall, the Habs swept the Rangers in their three regular season games and that two of those games were in Montréal. Also, the Rangers wilted in game 2 of this playoff round,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->