Pre-Game Talk: #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gravity

Generational Poster
Feb 27, 2017
In a Barred Spiral
Still pissed that 4 was there for the taking and was wasted. Gotta win 5 at home against best road team in NHL. Habs need a perfect game

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
I'm very confident in game 5. We got this

For sure. The boys know they played poorly and were within a goal of tying it up. The Rangers played their best game. They can't get better than what they showed yesterday....I like our chances.

Time to adjust the jockstrap and giver :yo:

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
For sure. The boys know they played poorly and were within a goal of tying it up. The Rangers played their best game. They can't get better than what they showed yesterday....I like our chances.

Time to adjust the jockstrap and giver :yo:

Why couldn't they be better than yesterday? They still have sleeping key players. Much like us.

Capitano

Jul 14, 2003
Visit site
I'm very confident in game 5. We got this

We didn't match the intensity that NYR brought imo. That being said though, I think we had some really good chances in the first period but Lundqvist was there for them.

But at the end it was still a tight game. I don't even think game 5 is a must win simply because of how close the series has been...if they beat us in game 5 we still have just as good a chance as they do to win the series simply because of how close it has been.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
the offense needs to get going or NYR is going to take this series which sucks since if this team could just score who knows how far they could go, maybe all the way to the Cup.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
Vatican City
Habs have to come out with a good game tomorrow. If they come out flat and don't manage to get anything going like last game, then the series is lost. Can't afford to have another poor effort.

Also, get your act together Pacioretty. Play with some ****ing pride man.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
No he didn't. Nash has never been that type of player. He was going hard to the net, which is what I'd like some of our Patches...I mean players would do.

There was no way was going to avoid Price at the angle he was and he new that.
He knew he was going to bump Price by driving the net at such close distance and angle. How is that any different from trying to injure price?

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
the offense needs to get going or NYR is going to take this series which sucks since if this team could just score who knows how far they could go, maybe all the way to the Cup.

Our defense and goaltending has been pretty great so far. Defense has really stepped it up for the most part. Just gotta get the captain and a couple others going cause Rad can't do it on his own.

Deebs

Let's swim to the moon
Feb 5, 2014
There was no way was going to avoid Price at the angle he was and he new that.
He knew he was going to bump Price by driving the net at such close distance and angle. How is that any different from trying to injure price?

Come on man, Nash wasn't intentionally trying to injure price on that play.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
I think Danault could share shifts with Galchenyuk, based on situation. Give galch the chance to click at home in game 5, and let danault face third liners with Lehkonen and Shaw. Worst case scenario is you switch back.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
5 of the 7 goals scored on Price, the ranger player was all alone against Price
Those are defensive mistake that should not happen
If they can fix this (which should be easily fixable), things will look really good for the habs

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I think we take Game 5

Rangers played with more intensity last night but their 2 goals came off stupid, blatant gaffes by our own players. We played for the most part pretty bad, and we were one Weber shot going an inch to the left from scoring.

A little finish on Lundqvist couldnt hurt either.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC

This is what makes me extremely bitter towards Bergevin. Goaltending, defense, coaching and effort is all there. All we need is a bit of talent to finish and we could win this whole thing and he failed us. This offense won't be able to make enough noise to be a legit threat.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
For the love of god, don't go back to New York down 3-2 in the series. Win win win please.

I'd like to see a lineup of something like:

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Mitchell - Ott - McCarron

King is absolutely garbage and has shown very few signs of life since being traded. I get that it might suck to be blindsided by a trade across the continent, but show some damn life. At least with McCarron I trust him as a big body along the boards and someone to screen Lundqvist on the second powerplay unit, and still a guy to pitch in physically if we're keeping that presence on the fourth line.

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Will Emelin come back?

Davidson has been good. Maybe they keep him in even if Emelin is back and Beaulieu is scratched

CJ lines change were much needed I like Lehkonen on the top 6

Lehkonen Galchenyuk Radulov
Pacioretty Danault Shaw
Byron Plekanec Gallagher

Then...

Mitchell Ott Martinsen ?

Id scratch one of Ott or King. Maybe both.

Whenever I see the line possibilities, it's clear that this team is still at least one top-6 forward of impact, regardless of the position to be anywhere near the favourite in any series.

It doesn't mean that they can't win but, it will often look like David besting Goliath if they do.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

Offense typically is difficult to muster for most teams in the playoffs and for the Habs in particular, they're not exactly a scoring juggernaut.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The team that wins Game 5 when a series is tied 2-2 end up winning the series 78% of the time. Just some stats that don't mean anything but still tell a tendency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->