Pre-Game Talk: #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 25, 2009
éal
Will Emelin come back?

Davidson has been good. Maybe they keep him in even if Emelin is back and Beaulieu is scratched

CJ lines change were much needed I like Lehkonen on the top 6

Lehkonen Galchenyuk Radulov
Pacioretty Danault Shaw
Byron Plekanec Gallagher

Then...

Mitchell Ott Martinsen ?

Id scratch one of Ott or King. Maybe both.

Last edited:

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Home Ice advantage for the next 2 out of 3 seems very important now..........

Seems the pressure is always on the home team, weird??

Habs in 6 was my original prediction, and let's hope that's what goes down!!

A must win in Game 5...................the winner og game 5 takes the series!!

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I do hope the top 9 remains that way. It was time to separate Pacioretty and Radulov. Galchenyuk needs someone to feed him the puck and Radulov is just that guy. Should benefit Lehkonen aswell.

4th line...King needs to sit. It has to be a no brainer for CJ. I might give McCarron a chance over Martinsen.

If Emelin is ready then he plays.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well in the four games only Game 4 did the Rangers truly outplay the Habs for most of the game. That's at home with their backs on the wall and they still only won 2-1, one goal from a lucky bounce. It's encouraging.

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
I do hope the top 9 remains that way. It was time to separate Pacioretty and Radulov. Galchenyuk needs someone to feed him the puck and Radulov is just that guy. Should benefit Lehkonen aswell.

4th line...King needs to sit. It has to be a no brainer for CJ. I might give McCarron a chance over Martinsen.

If Emelin is ready then he plays.

I liked the lines we had in the third yesterday. I'd go with something like this:

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Danault - Shaw
Byron - Plekanec - Gallagher
Ott - Mitchell - McCarron

And hopefully Emelin would be back too. Davidson wasn't necessarily bad, but he wasn't anything special either.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Home Ice advantage for the next 2 out of 3 seems very important now..........

Seems the pressure is always on the home team, weird??

Habs in 6 was my original prediction, and let's hope that's what goes down!!

A must win in Game 5...................the winner og game 5 takes the series!!

Home ice, the Rangers played their 2 best games of the series in Montreal and are the NHL best road team. I'd this point, I would have rather we play this best of 3 with 2 games and the pressure in NY

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Home ice, the Rangers played their 2 best games of the series in Montreal and are the NHL best road team. I'd this point, I would have rather we play this best of 3 with 2 games and the pressure in NY

This is all mostly media narrative, I don't think it matters much anymore at this point in a series

Also if you think the Rangers were better in game 2 (dominated for the last 40 minutes... like the entire game was taken to them for the third and OT) than last night I dunno what to tell you. The Rangers played pretty well last night (still think some were over blowing how well they played tho since they didn't have many chances) and were one inch away from OT.

DCarriere

Mar 15, 2014
Winnipeg, MB
I'd like to see a forward lineup of:

Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Mitchell - Ott - McCarron

Right now Gallagher is playing his best hockey in the past year, and I think putting him with Pacioretty can hopefully get his game going too. Right now Danault isn't doing much in terms of creating offense, and is a non-factor. I think adding grit to that third line in the form of Shaw would be good, and I think reuniting Radulov with Galchenyuk is a good decision as well. King was god awful last game, so I think either McCarron or Martinsen should get a shot on that fourth line.

As for defense, I wouldn't mind seeing Emelin in the lineup at all to be honest. I think Davidson was solid last night, so at this point I would slot him in over Beaulieu (but you never know). I'd start Emelin on the third pairing with Davidson/Beaulieu, and if he does well slide him in there with Petry and drop Benn down. Any opinions?

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
I'd like to see a forward lineup of:

Pacioretty - Danault - Gallagher
Byron - Plekanec - Shaw
Mitchell - Ott - McCarron

Right now Gallagher is playing his best hockey in the past year, and I think putting him with Pacioretty can hopefully get his game going too. Right now Danault isn't doing much in terms of creating offense, and is a non-factor. I think adding grit to that third line in the form of Shaw would be good, and I think reuniting Radulov with Galchenyuk is a good decision as well. King was god awful last game, so I think either McCarron or Martinsen should get a shot on that fourth line.

As for defense, I wouldn't mind seeing Emelin in the lineup at all to be honest. I think Davidson was solid last night, so at this point I would slot him in over Beaulieu (but you never know). I'd start Emelin on the third pairing with Davidson/Beaulieu, and if he does well slide him in there with Petry and drop Benn down. Any opinions?

Danault is getting smothered out there. Put Plekanec who is playing good in between Pacioretty and Gallagher and move Danault to the 3rd line.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Feels the exact opposite to me. Hope you're right though.

I find this team procrastinates. They absolutely need to have insane pressure in order to function correctly and they wait until the very last minute to get their game together. They've proven time and time again that they can play some very solid hockey.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
I recall my first playoff series at the Molson Center. Actually I think it was THE first playoff series there. Vs the Rangers. We won the first two games, with Damphousse on a tear, and then I think lost in 6 (4 straight losses?) Edit: it was the reverse - we won the first two in NYC, and lost at the BC the next 2. I was at game 4.

We lost in the ECF recently.

We need redemption. You can never predict the bounces and tips, but I feel like we'll do the job. It won't be easy, but I have faith in CJ, Price, Gally, and Weber.

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
Danault is getting smothered out there. Put Plekanec who is playing good in between Pacioretty and Gallagher and move Danault to the 3rd line.

I had that in the Post game from yesterday also.

Lehkonen Galchenyuk Radulov
Pacioretty Plekanec Gallagher
Byron Danault Shaw
Ott Mitchell McCarron

Markov Weber
Davidson Petry
Beaulieu Benn

BigHabs

Aug 3, 2009
I can live with this.

Realistically it's mostly all he shooters and passers all combined in the top 6. The rest is speed and chippy play down low.

Radulov can dish off to Lehkonen and Galchenyuk.

Plekanec dishing to Pacioretty and Gallagher crashing the net and doing the board work for them.

I think it's the best offensive top 6 we can assemble right now.

Danault is a passer and will thrive dishing the speedy Byron in motion. Meanwhile Shaw and Danault so their thing down low and get to the net.

The best part is there is a 2way player on each line.

Lehkonen on the first line.

Plekanec on the second line.

Danault on the 3rd line.

All three are good on back checking.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I hope Emelin plays and knocks out nash
That pos deliberately tried to injure Price yesterday

Deebs

There's no easy way out
Feb 5, 2014
I hope Emelin plays and knocks out nash
That pos deliberately tried to injure Price yesterday

No he didn't. Nash has never been that type of player. He was going hard to the net, which is what I'd like some of our Patches...I mean players would do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad