Kariya-Getzlaf-Selanne

Pronger-Niedermayer

Giguere

Vs.

Chicago

Hossa-Toews-Kane

Keith-Seabrook

Crawford

Which of these teams would be the best head to head with the rest?

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
The best 3 players are all arguably on Pittsburgh if taking them at their best. Roy in Colorado is the only one who gives them a run for their money maybe

And although Murray's resume is of course extremely lacking compared to guys like Roy or Hasek - he's literally been perfect so far in 2 years. 2 years, 2 cups, both almost "smythe-worthy" runs for a goalie, so it's not like that's really a weakness.

I think I like Pittsburgh, even though their defense isn't the best.

Colorado and Detroit are intriguing too.

KoozNetsOff 92

Hala Madrid
Apr 6, 2016
Pens have the firepower but their D is too weak. Between Detroit and Colorado for me. Other than Hejduk sticking out like a sore thumb, the rest of the forwards are basically interchangeable. D I like Lidstrom and Chelios more than Colorado Bourque and Blake. Roy is better than Detroit Hasek but Detroit wins the F and D. Slight edge to Detroit.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
The best 3 players are all arguably on Pittsburgh if taking them at their best. Roy in Colorado is the only one who gives them a run for their money maybe

And although Murray's resume is of course extremely lacking compared to guys like Roy or Hasek - he's literally been perfect so far in 2 years. 2 years, 2 cups, both almost "smythe-worthy" runs for a goalie, so it's not like that's really a weakness.

I think I like Pittsburgh, even though their defense isn't the best.

Colorado and Detroit are intriguing too.

I think you may be forgetting two others. Overall though yeah I think it's between those 3 and I haven't made my choice yet. Although come to think of it Anaheim with that defense and Giguere at his peak make it interesting with Kariya-Getzlaf-Selanne up front.

dr robbie

Let's Go Pens!
Feb 21, 2012
Pittsburgh
Up front is Pitts, but overall is Red Wings pretty easily. Just loaded at every spot (though, are we getting the Wings version of Chelios? or his younger self?). Either way, still probably Detroit.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Up front is Pitts, but overall is Red Wings pretty easily. Just loaded at every spot (though, are we getting the Wings version of Chelios? or his younger self?). Either way, still probably Detroit.

Wings version, at the beginning of the thread I stated that we get the best versions of these players on these specific teams.

Ben White

Dec 28, 2015
Consider all players at their best on these specific teams only

Colorado

Forsberg-Sakic-Hejduk

Bourque-Blake

Roy

Vs.

Pittsburgh

Malkin-Crosby-Jagr

Gonchar-Letang

Murray

Vs.

Detroit

Yzerman-Fedorov-Datsyuk

Lidstrom-Chelios

Hasek

Vs.

Anaheim

Kariya-Getzlaf-Selanne

Pronger-Niedermayer

Giguere

Vs.

Chicago

Hossa-Toews-Kane

Keith-Seabrook

Crawford

Which of these teams would be the best head to head with the rest?

Why Hejduk? Kamensky, C. Lemieux or even Theo Fleury would be better.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Why Hejduk? Kamensky, C. Lemieux or even Theo Fleury would be better.

I guess you could throw one of them in there, but Hejduk did score 50 one season, aided by Forsberg or not none of those others came close to that playing with him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad