5 Standouts from Hlinka Gretzky Cup

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I agree with you about Robertson. Just noticed today that he was listed as 5'9. Surprising to me as he looked big out there.

Reactions: Larry Fisher

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
I agree with you about Robertson. Just noticed today that he was listed as 5'9. Surprising to me as he looked big out there.

Maybe a typo of some sort? Perhaps it wasn't updated prior to the tournament and that is where he finished off last season? Kids grow a lot in a few months at that age. For example, Kaedan Korczak was listed at an even six-foot tall on the Kelowna Rockets and WHL website, then Hockey Canada had him listed at 6-foot-2.75 (almost 6-3), which is accurate. He grew a few inches since April.

Reactions: Acadien86

Vide

Mar 2, 2015

Might have had a growth spurt, I think his brother Jason was quite tiny compared to his peers at one point as well then hit a growth spurt up to 6'2. Robertson is very young too, he is still 16, not turning 17 until September so he's almost a 2020 draft eligible. Wonder how tall he'll be come draft day (or NHL combine I guess).

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Will be interesting to follow for sure. Kids got one hell of a snipe!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad