Prospect Info: 2018 #5 OA - Barrett Hayton - ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Hatin' on Hayton?

• Total voters

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011
I know this will go against prevailing thoughts (and exacerbated by the fact that I decided to post this while heavily under the influence of choice alcoholic beverages, but I think Hayton plays a significant amount of NHL games next year

Reactions: PuckLife

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I know this will go against prevailing thoughts (and exacerbated by the fact that I decided to post this while heavily under the influence of choice alcoholic beverages, but I think Hayton plays a significant amount of NHL games next year
I agree. Keep on drinking, you are making more sense.;)

TheGoldenJet

Apr 2, 2008
Coquitlam, BC
Not a Yotes fan, but I’ve followed Barrett since his 16yo OHL season. I feel he is absolutely an elite, blue chip prospect and proving a lot of people wrong with the season he’s currently having.

If the Yotes focus their developmental resources on only one thing over the next year or two, I hope it’s Hayton’s skating. He is not a bad skater, but if he can turn his skating into a strength then he has 1C potential, which I already see shades of in him as is. He needs long hours with an elite level skating coach to fulfill that potential.

Next year, I would be happy for him to get a short cup of coffee in the NHL and then make a run at the OHL scoring title, while playing as the 1C for Canada at the World Juniors.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
That sounds like "development" , so we can probably scratch that off.

Also, JC has already talked about how he is a guy who can step into a 4C role quickly and not have to be an impact player right away. So it's going to happen.

Potentially stunt growth? Check
Burn an ELC year for no reason? Check
Turn a top ten pick into a 4th liner? Check

It has all the hallmarks of Coyote development. Done deal.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That sounds like "development" , so we can probably scratch that off.

Also, JC has already talked about how he is a guy who can step into a 4C role quickly and not have to be an impact player right away. So it's going to happen.

Potentially stunt growth? Check
Burn an ELC year for no reason? Check
Turn a top ten pick into a 4th liner? Check

It has all the hallmarks of Coyote development. Done deal.
Post of 2019.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Hayton got into a knee on knee collision the other night. Is considered day-to-day right now.

Initiation into the Yotes has begun. Knee injuries are one of the common forms that initiation takes... just ask Schmaltz, Chychrun, Capo, etc etc, haha.

But seriously, hope it's not serious for him.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->