GDT: #5| New York Islanders @ Anaheim Ducks | October 17th | 10:00 PM | F/L 4-1

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Sounds like Getzlaf is back but they lost Silfverberg for tonight? Man, that team is dealing with a lot of injuries and is still dominating....at least in the standings. No idea if they've deserved the wins or not.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
Gibson is playing well. a hot 'tender is half the battle.

i like seeing Trotz mix things up a bit. need to keep things fresh, find what works best.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
I'm going to bed early and setting my alarm so I won't be dead tomorrow.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Just remembered this is a 10 pm start time...
Its better than those 10:30 start times, which I think are done just to piss us off. But as we stuck the Sharks fans with a 10am game for them, I guess we can't really complain.

Reactions: seafoam

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

So everyone can stop losing their shit over Lamoriello and one of his signings. For now.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
Its better than those 10:30 start times, which I think are done just to piss us off. But as we stuck the Sharks fans with a 10am game for them, I guess we can't really complain.

I'll be there tonight and tomorrow. LGI!

Just a preparation note... tomorrow is at 1030 Eastern. Kings always start 730 and Ducks 7.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
+/- can be part of an argument for a player I suppose, but when it is the ONLY argument that I have ever seen for Hickey lately it is bull****.

How is it BS when the team scores more goals than it allows when Hickey is on the ice? ... this a two year trend now so don't give me any sample size crap.

Do I think Hickey is awesome ... by no means, but the hate he gets from some of you is absurd.

Axel574

Dec 9, 2015
In 2016 Brian Strait was a +1 and Nick Leddy was a -9. I guess Brian Strait was significantly better than Nick Leddy.

Good Grief with this stretch .. did I ever say Hickey was better than anybody?!?!?!

NO.

I'm simply trying to make a point that he's not as horrible as you seem to believe... leading the team for two straight years in +/- shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

The bolded comment is cheap, it insults this discussion, adds nothing and is borderline childish.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Good Grief with this stretch .. did I ever say Hickey was better than anybody?!?!?!

NO.

I'm simply trying to make a point that he's not as horrible as you seem to believe... leading the team for two straight years in +/- shouldn't be dismissed so easily.

The bolded comment is cheap, it insults this discussion, adds nothing and is borderline childish.
The point is that +/- is a terribly deceiving stat. Re-watch last game and tell me Hickey was not our worst defenseman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad