U18: 5 Nations Tournament in Czech Republic

IceHockeyDude

May 15, 2011
Suomi
Swe-Fin 0-1 after the first period. Goal scored by Tuomaala.

2-2 after the second.

Finland was leading 5-2 before only 2-3 minutes of the game remaining. Then Sweden scored two quick goals. Finland won nevertheless 5-4.

Last edited:

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
Finland takes it 5-4 over a Sweden with Clang in net.

FIN-SWE
1-0 Tuomaala(Räty)
2-0 Tuomaala(Maatta)
2-1 Ljungman(Nybeck, Andrae) PP
2-2 Niederbach(Wallinder, Styf)
3-2 Hirvonen
4-2 Simontaival(Liukas)
5-2 Liukas(Simontaival) EN
5-3 Hallén(Lööf)
5-4 Säll(Magnusson, Andrae)

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Solid USA win vs Russia. Tough physical game played by both teams. Commesso outdueled Askarov. Well played game. In earlier game Finland looked excellent as well. Should be a great game on Sunday when USA takes on Finland. Fun to watch.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Overall, I think this Team Russia is pretty average, to say the least. It absolutely depends on Askarov's goaltending. I'd say Miroshnichenko and Michkov would be the best players even on this team, despite being 2 and almost 3 years younger.

bagsw

Apr 17, 2016
Saint Petersburg, Russia
Overall, I think this Team Russia is pretty average, to say the least. It absolutely depends on Askarov's goaltending. I'd say Miroshnichenko and Michkov would be the best players even on this team, despite being 2 and almost 3 years younger.
With Golubovich as a coach, every team would use a lot of Dynamo players and play their style and as a result forwards do not look good.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
wtf? just started watching at the start of the 3rd. That's an absolutely insane line combo. For so many reasons I don't bother to list them all.

Been watching the U16 team this weekend. Same story there, the guy playing center is the least skilled player on every line. Makes you wonder which players will be left off the U18 WC roster if Raymond and Holtz joins the team. Niederbach?

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Finland beat USA 3-1

Finland won the tournament with a perfect 4-0 record and 12 points. It was a good team, good that they showed it. Sound like coaching has been good and they really play for the team.

Sounds like Juusola had a very good final game. Happy to hear.

Reactions: king89

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
Finland beat USA 3-1

Finland won the tournament with a perfect 4-0 record and 12 points. It was a good team, good that they showed it. Sound like coaching has been good and they really play for the team.

Sounds like Juusola had a very good final game. Happy to hear.

USA had to play 4 games in 4 days while Finns were off yesterday. They need to fix scheduling for these. At this level not teams should be playing 4 days in a row. Finns played great though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->