U18: 5 Nations Tournament in Czech Republic

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Looks like a great opportunity for the Czechs to get smoked at home! I'm going to U18's this year in Michigan so hoping this U18 team is good.

Reactions: kudla

theslatcher

Jan 5, 2016
Sweden
No Niederbach nor Olausson. Niederbach is weirder because they have a total of 3 RH skaters on that roster. Johannesson is back in action, though!

That d-core is a thing of beauty!

Last edited:

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
No Niederbach is interesting. I haven't seen Lias Andersson's brother play but I hope he's not given this opportunity for other reasons than his actual play.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
No Niederbach nor Olausson. Niederbach is weirder because they have a total of 3 RH skaters on that roster. Johannesson is back in action, though!

That d-core is a thing of beauty!

Olausson got a fracture in his hand. Might miss the remainder of this season. Big blow.

jvr32

Oct 24, 2016
Team Finland, lots of interesting players here.

Maalivahdit:
1 Blomqvist Joel, Kärpät Oulu
30 Markkanen Juho, SaiPa Lappeenranta
Puolustajat:
3 Juusola Viljami, Kärpät Oulu
6 Nyman Luka, Red Bull Salzburg AUT
7 Rajaniemi Matias, Pelicans Lahti
8 Niemelä Topi, Kärpät Oulu
16 Viro Eemil, TPS Turku
25 Määttä Rami, Ässät Pori
26 Paaso Arttu, Kärpät Oulu
Hyökkääjät:
5 Tuomaala Samu, Kärpät Oulu
9 Helenius Samuel, Jokerit Helsinki
10 Järventie Roby, Ilves Tampere
11 Miettinen Verner, K-Espoo
12 Hirvonen Roni, Ässät Pori
13 Lambert Brad, HIFK Helsinki
14 Liukas Eetu, TPS Turku
17 Luoto Oskari, Tappara Tampere
20 Mäenpää Juuso, Jokerit Helsinki
21 Räty Aatu, Kärpät Oulu
23 Säkkinen Iivari, Lukko Rauma
28 Määttä Joel, Sioux City Musketeers USHL
29 Simontaival Kasper, Tappara Tampere

Leijonat - U18 viiden maan turnaukseen Tshekkiin – Tässä Pikkuleijonien kokoonpano!

Reactions: king89

JJTT

Jan 18, 2013
Oulu
Interesting that Jurmo is with the U20 instead of this one, while Liiga players like Niemelä and Viro are playing.

perolofbrasar

Jan 28, 2016
Watched the whole SWE-RUS game yesterday. Russia clearly dominating, exacerbated by the flow Russian teams sometimes get when getting an early lead.

Clear difference in average "skill"-level (which is of course often the case when playing Russia in juniors, the team composition philosophies are just different), but more worrying that the Swedes got killed in the neutral zone with Russia getting the controlled entries and the Swedes mostly dumping/losing the puck.

Also our defenders looked really slow from time to time - not foot speed but head speed (both with and without the puck). It's very interesting to see for example Wallinder and Grans, who are doing good vs men in SHL/Allsvenskan, being completely waltzed by same-agers.

Lysell (only Swedish underager) did better than I dared to hope for. Maybe he's on his way to break out big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->