21 Jesse Moilanen, Jokerit Helsinki
22 Samuel Salonen, Jokerit Helsinki
23 Ville Petman, Lukko Rauma
27 Kristian Tanus, Tappara Tampere
33 Otto Kivenmäki, Ässät Pori
34 Arttu Nevasaari, Kärpät Oulu
35 Lenni Killinen, Blues Espoo
36 Karri Kapanen, KalPa Kuopio

http://www.leijonat.fi/maajoukkueet...rnaukseen-tshekkiin-joukkueen-kokoonpano.html

Goalie dad

Feb 7, 2017
Stream?

Does anyone have information about any online stream for the games. Or stats?

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Lenni Killine having a good game even before his goal so is Maccelli. Justus Annunen looks also good goalie. Kupari having more quiet game and nobody really stood out from D

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Russia was better than Sweden at pretty much everything in that game. A few top players are missing from this Swedish team though. Bright spots have Adam Boqvist and Albin Eriksson. Boqvist should probably be playing with the U18 team and get a long look for the U18WC, he's not on the same level as his teammates in this tournament. Eriksson is a surprise for me, 6'3 winger with great skating ability and quick hands, player of the game against Russia.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I watched USA-Czech Republic. Paid more attention to the US team. First game I had watched of the US in a few months.

On defense, I really liked how K'Andre Miller played. He was the best defensively of all the US players, maybe with Samuelsson as well. Miller is such a good skater for a player his size, and he was one of the few players who did a good job defensively. Samuelsson was good defensively as well, skated better than when I had previously seen this team play. Wilde didn't play that well, I didn't think, although he had two goals. He shot the puck into the net well twice on one-timers, but he was really sloppy with his passing and decisions in the defensive zone. Saying that, I still think he's a very good prospect for the 2018 Draft, but not his best defensive game. Emberson was okay as well, had a goal, a little erratic.

Of the forwards, I liked how Wise, Weiss and Pivonka played. Farabee and Gruden were okay also. Wise has definitely been playing better since a bad start to the season. I've seen three or four really good games from him the last few times I've watched this team play. He made so many little smart plays that go unnoticed to most hockey fans, but probably not to scouts. He also passed Wilde open for a goal on the PP. Played a good 200 foot game as well, and showcased good skill offensively. Weiss would put up so many points on a team with less talent where he got a lot more ice time. He's an offensive machine, think he had a few points in this game. Pivonka played very well in all three zones. Don't think he has big offensive upside, but I do think he has NHL upside. Farabee had a quiet game, but you can tell the skill is there. Gruden was very energetic, noticeable, played very hard. I thought Wahlstrom had a bad game. Not that noticeable, and the one time I did notice him, instead of passing it over to I think it was Weiss for an easy goal on a two on none, he tried to deke the goalie and missed.

Wooren

no longer perennial 4th place losers
May 17, 2015
Prague
Czech Republic gave up two goal leads two games in row. That sucks.

Erikfromfin

May 18, 2013
Would love to hear peoples opinion on the 00 Finnish age group since 01 class seems to be getting more attention.

From this team I personally like Rasmus Kupari rightie center with good hands good skating and looks to have good size, Matias Maccelli a very skilled playmaking winger, underager Mikko Kokkonen and goalie Justus Annunen. Other decent players are Lenni Killinen, Peetro Seppälä, Santeri Salmela and Juuso Ketola. From the missing players obviously like Kotkaniemi, Kukkonen, Utunen, Sampo Ranta and Samuel Salonen. Havent had proper look at Nordgren, Nevasaari yet.

Its not the greatest age group ever but but there is decent players.

JimboA

Dec 9, 2012
Sweden
Adam Boqvist has been so good once again, and gets awarded with a goal.

Edit: Gets his 2nd. FIN - SWE 1-3.

Edit2: Hatty. 1-4.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad