5 more Burning Questions...

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1. Will inserting Panik at LW on line #1 change anything regarding Hossa scoring goals?

2. Do you believe Hossa can ever score another goal again in the NHL or is he now and forever the futile shooter?

3. If the answer to Q 1 & 2 is Yes...then will Hossa finish in double digits in goals this regular season or not?

4. If the answer to Q 1 and 2 is NO, then how long will Q go till demoing Hossa to the 4th line?

5. Will insert g Panik at LW on line #1 even if it changes nothing g about Hossa's ability to score goals at least help Toews score more goals or gets points at a faster pace?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
1. Will inserting Panik at LW on line #1 change anything regarding Hossa scoring goals?

I think it will help with his frustration but I am not sure it will directly help.

2. Do you believe Hossa can ever score another goal again in the NHL or is he now and forever the futile shooter?

Yes he will score another goal.

3. If the answer to Q 1 & 2 is Yes...then will Hossa finish in double digits in goals this regular season or not?

Yes he will finish with 12-15 goals.

4. If the answer to Q 1 and 2 is NO, then how long will Q go till demoing Hossa to the 4th line?

He will move to the 3rd line wing in the future and will be a bum slayer.

5. Will insert g Panik at LW on line #1 even if it changes nothing g about Hossa's ability to score goals at least help Toews score more goals or gets points at a faster pace?

I think it will help with his frustration but I am not sure it will directly help.

There is formatting. Are you drunk 50?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

It will decrease the likelihood of Hossa straight-up murdering Andrew Shaw during an intermission at some point, but other than that, no effect.

Hossa will score more when he and Toews elevate their game back to their normal standards. The first line's offensive struggles are a reflection of their play more so than whatever interchangable part gets thrown in on the left wing.

Marian Hossa will score another goal in the NHL. How many is another question...

Hard to see him getting double digit goals at this point, but it's doable if he gets hot. Which he did for a stretch in the second half of last season too, if I recall.

4th line? As in Bickell's line? No.

3rd line? Probably not any time soon. Q loves his vets - especially the vets that he's won cups with - too much to do that any time soon. And frankly, in the case of Hossa, it's probably not warranted yet. BUT if they decide they want to keep Hossa on the top line for his possession magic and two-way play, then they DO need to find a particular kind of player. A Patrick Sharp type volume shooter. Because someone will need to take up at least some share of his traditional scoring output while he's doing all the little things that make him so good.

No huge impact.

If Toews wants to score more goals, it wouldn't kill him to pull the trigger once in awhile himself. He's clearly lacking confidence right now, cause he's literally always going pass-first. Which isn't a great strategy when you're paired with a struggling Hossa and Andrew Shaw.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
Watching the last few games and really focusing on Hossa it just doesn't make sense what has happened to his shot. He basically just pushes it at the goalie. No pace, no force, just mostly a slow flick a small child could stop. You watch him skate and there is no real issue. You can't blame old age for him being unable to put anything on his shots on goal, can you? I don't get it.

EmeticDonut

Oct 7, 2006
Watching the last few games and really focusing on Hossa it just doesn't make sense what has happened to his shot. He basically just pushes it at the goalie. No pace, no force, just mostly a slow flick a small child could stop. You watch him skate and there is no real issue. You can't blame old age for him being unable to put anything on his shots on goal, can you? I don't get it.

His lack of shot has confounded me as well. He used to be able to wire wicked wristers that could beat just about any goalie just a few seasons back. Now they are just limp tries that hit the crest or pads of the goalie. Does he have some hand injury or what? Is it just the yips?

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014

The velocity of his wrister has been in steady decline for awhile now, while the time he takes to actually get the shot off has been steadily rising.

His wrister was never THAT hard, but it was always deceptively quick. He fooled goalies more often than he straight up beat them. His half-slapper was a different story.

He may have just crossed the rubicon to the point where that last 1% decrease in shot velocity and quickness ensures that goalies are always in the right position to beat him. Which makes it look more and more like he's shooting it right at them.

It wouldn't be the first time a player's hands have gone before his feet.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
His lack of shot has confounded me as well. He used to be able to wire wicked wristers that could beat just about any goalie just a few seasons back. Now they are just limp tries that hit the crest or pads of the goalie. Does he have some hand injury or what? Is it just the yips?

I don't get it either. His legs look fine, maybe not like he was 5 years ago but still good. I don't get how he went from a great sniper to a contestant on shoot the puck. Its just weak flicks that have zero chance. That can't be old age for this kind of a drop off in his shot, it has the be either injury or a mental block. I would have no problem seeing him rest a few games.

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
Still plenty of chances for him to get that set up 5 on 3 one timer slap shot.

lethargytartare

Oct 24, 2014
Magrathea
1. Will inserting panik at lw on line #1 change anything regarding hossa scoring goals?

2. Do you believe hossa can ever score another goal again in the nhl or is he now and forever the futile shooter?

3. If the answer to q 1 & 2 is yes...then will hossa finish in double digits in goals this regular season or not?

4. If the answer to q 1 and 2 is no, then how long will q go till demoing hossa to the 4th line?

5. Will insert g panik at lw on line #1 even if it changes nothing g about hossa's ability to score goals at least help toews score more goals or gets points at a faster pace?

1. No
2. Yes
3. Yes
4. Forever
5. No

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills

:highclap: This just in …. a sixth and final .. burning question ..

6. Will Hawksfan50 be recalled to his home planet and leave us all in :pullhair: withdrawal?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad