|
1st​
|
|
36.5​

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
This one seems like it's going to be a Shore vs. Klingberg battle.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
Klingberg. Shore next, Nemeth after him.

1. Ritchie
2. Klingberg
3. Dickinson
4. Shore
5. Nemeth

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
There's absolutely no way that Nemeth is a better prospect than Honka. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. I think that some of you guys are overlooking Honka and are underestimating what he is capable of. Seriously, we have never drafted a defenseman of his skill level. Not once. Him not being in the top 5 is absolutely ludicrous. There's a reason why Farkas gave him an 8.0C grade, folks.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
It's about factoring both ceiling and floor into it. Honka has more upside but Nemeth looks like his floor is 'solid NHL player.'

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
Honestly, I'm not even trying to convince anyone. I just want my opinion to be documented so I can look back in 5 years and say "I told you so". Lol

No but seriously, I expect great things from him in the future.

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
There's absolutely no way that Nemeth is a better prospect than Honka. I'm sorry but that's ridiculous. I think that some of you guys are overlooking Honka and are underestimating what he is capable of. Seriously, we have never drafted a defenseman of his skill level. Not once. Him not being in the top 5 is absolutely ludicrous. There's a reason why Farkas gave him an 8.0C grade, folks.

I put a lot in NHL readiness. Going by potential I would have Oleksiak over Nemeth.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I think him not being in the top 5 says a hell of a lot more about our prospect pool than it does about Honka.

I haven't decided where I rank Honka relative to Nemesis, but I can think of plenty of good arguments for ranking the latter over the former. Nemeth looks like a legit minute eating top 4 NHL defenseman. The downside with him is way less risky than with Honka, whose top end potential is obviously far higher than Nemeth's.

I'd love to hear why it's ludicrous to put Klingberg above Honka.

TangoMcBride

Feb 28, 2008
The DF Dub
I value ceiling over floor and with Honka's hockey IQ I tend to think his bust potential is relatively low while his ceiling is ridiculously high. I think Nemeth is going to be a damn fine second pair defenseman but his ceiling will prevent him from being anything more than that.

As for Klingberg vs. Honka, if I had my way they'd both be in the top 5. There isn't much separating them in my book. Klingberg is a little bigger and more proven while Honka gets the nod in the hockey sense department and I also think that he's probably the superior puck mover.

Ultimately, I think that there's a better than good chance that Honka turns out to be better than all of these guys. But I'll quell those expectations somewhat and wait to see how he does in the coming years.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
A top 5 with Klingberg and Honka minus Oleksiak makes a lot of sense to me, obviously a lot of people are still really high on Oleksiak.

I tend to agree with piqued's assessment of him IIRC, which is that for such a big guy you'd hope that defense would be his bread and butter, but he leans more toward the offensive side of things. But then his offensive production fell off quite a bit this season and that should be reflected in the rankings.

Hull Fan

The Future is Now
Mar 21, 2007
Arlington, TX
Klingberg then Shore, Nemeth, then maybe Honka. Just not sold on him yet. Nice junior numbers but if he was everything Tango believes he wouldn't have been chosen 14th. Bystrom and Ully have just as good pedigrees and have taken steps forward post draft. Want to see him against men before I fall for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad