Post-Game Talk: #5: FLYERS at Oilers, Wednesday, Oct. 16, 2019, 9:30 pm ET

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
If you have ever listened to me about anything, listen to me now: make it "Friday the 13th: A New Beginning" - and bring some Depends. You will pee your pants. From laughter, not fear.

Is that the one where he starts movie by getting brought back to life by a bolt of lightning through a shovel while some idiot was digging him up?

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Let's see the list of people who have said he's an all around elite dman.

Youre making it seem like it's a regular claim.

So you agree with me that Ghost is a good, but not special defenseman who is replaceable if they have to expose him in the ED?

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
So you agree with me that Ghost is a good, but not special defenseman who is replaceable if they have to expose him in the ED?

He's not anywhere near as replaceable as you think. He is unique.

Let's return to an exercise that you guys never manage to complete. Go ahead and make a list of defensemen with comparable skill both offensively and defensively, who have a 4.5 million dollar or lower cap hit.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Let's return to an exercise that you guys never manage to complete. Go ahead and make a list of defensemen with comparable skill both offensively and defensively, who have a 4.5 million dollar or lower cap hit.

York and Zamula in two years.
Hogberg may turn out to be better defensively and more reliable.

It's going to come down to Myers v Ghost in the ED.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

It's Josi, Reilly and Klingberg as comparables. Josi's contract is up this year though and Reilly is making $500K more. If you stretch the parameters a bit upwards you can get to Krug and Lindholm.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
York and Zamula in two years.
Hogberg may turn out to be better defensively and more reliable.

It's going to come down to Myers v Ghost in the ED.

Let's bookmark this post for two years from now and wait for the speeches about "Zamula/York need another year in the AHL/York looks like a deer in headlights/Zamula needs to add 20 pounds," as excuses why they aren't playing over the 2022 version of Justin Braun.

I'll give you 2-1 that Hogberg never plays in O&B.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
We only lose Lindblom if we go 4-4 because if we go 7-3:

Giroux, Hayes, Couts, TK, Lindblom, Patrick, Jake

We will go 7-3. Pretty damn sure of it.

They have a robust D pipeline if they lose a dman..or can make a trade to protect a dman. Teams wont be giving up as much this time around in those types of deals.

Also, the roster today will look different in 2021. There will be trades, signings, etc. #Bias4Action

Reactions: Tripod

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Frost has 0 points in 3 games in the AHL and didn’t have a stellar pre-season either. There’s nothing to suggest he belongs in the NHL yet. Farabee I could be convinced on though.
I too prefer to weight the results of the last 5 games over the last 2 seasons.

He misses the net too much still. I'm guessing it's because he's trying to shoot around legs. I wish he would use a more accurate wrist-shot if he wants to get the shot through and on net. The constant missing of the net on one-timers is just painful to watch.
Half of the shots he has taken on the PP have hit the net. That is a great percentage.

The only year he struggled getting the puck on net was his second season. That gave Hakstol the excuse to bench him at ES and eventually scratch him.

Reactions: Striiker

dragonoffrost

It'll be a cold day...
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2019
Hell
Let's bookmark this post for two years from now and wait for the speeches about "Zamula/York need another year in the AHL/York looks like a deer in headlights/Zamula needs to add 20 pounds," as excuses why they aren't playing over the 2022 version of Justin Braun.

I'll give you 2-1 that Hogberg never plays in O&B.
If Braun is here after this season I will be on a serious bender and pissed at Fletch. I was fine with bringing here for this season. But he needs to be gone after this year. And Niskanen even though he's playing well should really be gone the next offseason.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad