#5 Devils Forward in 2013

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
how sad is it that a guy who had the worst season of his career by his own admission, a guy we got for a 5th round pick, and a guy who was a free agent playing in the ahl halfway through last season won the votes for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best forwards of the season for us?

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, who are the choices again?:laugh:

I'm not sure we had a 5th best forward this year, but it's gotta be between Carter and Zajac.

As bad as Zajac was offensively he still could be 5th.

Or Clarkson possibly even, but Clarkson didn't do much the last couple months. Zajac at least put up a point or more every few games aside from a really long drought in February. He also played solid defense, and won a lot of faceoffs which arguably cut down on the amount of possession time other teams had in our zone.

I'll have to flip a coin between Clarkson and Zajac on this one. What the hell, I'll give it to Clarkson.

Rhodes 81

grit those teeth
Nov 22, 2008
Atlanta
anyway i say zajac because at least he was still good defensively and his hot streak toward the end gave me hope.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
With how bad our forwards were this year I think these polls would be better to do backwards. Vote in the worst first.:laugh:

Bottom 5 would definitely be Poni, Barch, Uncle Jesse, Josefson before he was sent up to Albany, and maybe Matteau? Then again Matteau should probably get an incomplete, and Zubrus too. Matteau wasn't that bad or anything though. Henrique was pretty bad aside from the first month.

Barch and Stamos weren't really bad, but they didn't bring too much other than getting an ass beating.:laugh:

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
Yeah, who are the choices again?:laugh:

I'm not sure we had a 5th best forward this year, but it's gotta be between Carter and Zajac.

As bad as Zajac was offensively he still could be 5th.

Or Clarkson possibly even, but Clarkson didn't do much the last couple months. Zajac at least put up a point or more every few games aside from a really long drought in February. He also played solid defense, and won a lot of faceoffs which arguably cut down on the amount of possession time other teams had in our zone.

I'll have to flip a coin between Clarkson and Zajac on this one. What the hell, I'll give it to Clarkson.

If it came down to Zajac versus the Devils Dancers, I'd take the dancers.

Clarkson had a great start.

Actually, I'd make a case for Carter, and also for Zubrus if he didn't get hurt.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
If it came down to Zajac versus the Devils Dancers, I'd take the dancers.

Clarkson had a great start.

Actually, I'd make a case for Carter, and also for Zubrus if he didn't get hurt.

Zubrus gets an incomplete from me for not playing enough.

Zajac was pretty damn good later in the season too. Had a great ending, and aside from the first 14 games he was better than Clarkson over the last 34.

He also did other things that Clarkson couldn't do like win faceoffs, and played much better defense.

CerebralGenesis

Jul 23, 2009
how sad is it that a guy who had the worst season of his career by his own admission, a guy we got for a 5th round pick, and a guy who was a free agent playing in the ahl halfway through last season won the votes for 2nd, 3rd, and 4th best forwards of the season for us?

Sums up the season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad