GDT: #5|Canucks vs. Penguins|Oct 16|7:00PM|PPG|Ruh Roh, Schultz is out for 4 months/defense is a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
3c6Y6ck.gif
iu

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
I actually want to see a Hagelin, Sheahan, Hornqvist line and see how that does.
you could be on to something......it's at least worth a try...….the more I think about it, the more I like it. now get kessel back on his own line with brass or maybe flip brass with Sheahan. (Sheahan has played well with phil in the past.)

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
you could be on to something......it's at least worth a try...….the more I think about it, the more I like it. now get kessel back on his own line with brass or maybe flip brass with Sheahan. (Sheahan has played well with phil in the past.)
I didn't mind the look of Brass with Crosby, but the biggest issue I have is that it takes the Jake & Sid dynamic away and that's one that the team needs to keep fanning the flames on. If they want to try Brass anywhere, it should be with Malkin. I would give this a whirl...

Guentzel, Crosby, Sprong
Brassard, Malkin, Kessel
Hagelin, Sheahan, Hornqvist/Rust
Simon, Cullen, Rust/Hornqvist

Reactions: Fordy and EightyOne

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
I am ok if we lose because the team worked hard and lost because the other team worked harder, but we lose (from last year to this year) because the team is literally its own worst enemy.

It's like seeing a team you know is great, be so ****ing disorganized and then giving up at times when they could be destroying teams.
And to that point would anyone be surprised if we won 6-2 or lost by that same score? There's no telling what this team will do from game to game. And therein lies my concern. We need a more consistent effort and to manage the puck better. It really shouldn't be too much to ask. Who knows if that'll happen however.

Reactions: EightyOne

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
And to that point would anyone be surprised if we won 6-2 or lost by that same score? There's no telling what this team will do from game to game. And therein lies my concern. We need a more consistent effort and to manage the puck better. It really shouldn't be too much to ask. Who knows if that'll happen however.

Goals are exciting, but honestly, I wouldn't mind a stretch of seeing this team just shut others down for a stretch and then goes back to the high scoring stuff here and there just to show that they are capable of it.

SO far it doesn't seem like it, but this team can also rally around injuries and adversity sometimes. This year they have one with Schultz out for 4 months. Let's hope for a huge rally.

Reactions: Fordy

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I didn't mind the look of Brass with Crosby, but the biggest issue I have is that it takes the Jake & Sid dynamic away and that's one that the team needs to keep fanning the flames on. If they want to try Brass anywhere, it should be with Malkin. I would give this a whirl...

Guentzel, Crosby, Sprong
Brassard, Malkin, Kessel
Drop Kessel to 3rd line and bring Hornqvist to Malkin line and I agree with those lines.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004

Guentzel, Crosby, Sprong
Brassard, Malkin, Kessel

The problem is Sheahan is a good fourth line pivot and an avg third line pivot.

I also don’t see why Hagelin should be immune from the fourth line. He has 1 point on the year and is in that early season Hagelin mode.

Reactions: Peat

Trade

Guentzel is ELITE
Apr 13, 2015
Sheahan & Kessel, the redux?

It would be worth a shot, but Kessel seems to not like being away from Malkin. If Crosby can pout and get his way, Kessel should as well.
We're playing to win games, not please Phil. I totally get what you're saying, but that's the bottom line.

Kessel playing with Geno brings out the laziest version of Kessel imaginable.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Sheahan & Kessel, the redux?

It would be worth a shot, but Kessel seems to not like being away from Malkin. If Crosby can pout and get his way, Kessel should as well.
Malkin and Kessel should play better defensivly if they want to be on a line together. Funny watching them yell at eachother though, they sure do drive eachother sometimes.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
We're playing to win games, not please Phil. I totally get what you're saying, but that's the bottom line.

Kessel playing with Geno brings out the laziest version of Kessel imaginable.
The bottom line is they are scoring a lot of goals, which is helping us win games more than what most anyone else is doing.

Reactions: CertifiedLurker

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I didn't realize this was being shown on Sportsnet tonight. Guess I'll get a chance to watch after all. I figured I'd have to do the boxscore updating all night.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

Guentzel, Crosby, Sprong
Brassard, Malkin, Kessel
Hagelin, Sheahan, Hornqvist/Rustb
I think brass would be a better fit with geno than sid. but I also think kessel needs moved from geno more.( he would also help with fo's) I would like to keep the 3 top line model. moving phil would do it. imo

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I think brass would be a better fit with geno than sid. but I also think kessel needs moved from geno more. I would like to keep the 3 top line model. moving phil would do it. imo
at some point enough production outweighs the negatives we see with Geno-Phil. Right now, they are well exceeding that. Change that line when they cool off, but for now it's not hurting us.

Reactions: CertifiedLurker

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh
at some point enough production outweighs the negatives we see with Geno-Phil. Right now, they are well exceeding that. Change that line when they cool off, but for now it's not hurting us.
the sooner you get the players where they fit the best, the sooner they get to gel. and the better the team will be. imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->