GDT: #5|Canucks vs. Penguins|Oct 16|7:00PM|PPG|Ruh Roh, Schultz is out for 4 months/defense is a mystery

Status
Not open for further replies.

TNT87

Jun 23, 2010
PA
This deserves a thread ban, at the very least!

List.gif.3aa52caff2850528f99f75ad03fa3b74.gif

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I think it's wise to stack the 1st line while Crosby's in this semi-slow phase. Let them help carry until he's got juice.

As much as I love Hornqvist, he's poor on zone entries. He dumps it in at the first sign of pressure. It often leads to line 1 losing possession. You can see Sid snapping his head back in frustration when this occurs.

Brassard will stop up at the blue line and survey his options. He'll protect the puck. I really liked what I saw from them in the 3rd. Excited to see what they got in store for Vancouver.
qs2m3sB.gif

Yea its a pretty good community around here, I joined the site back in 08 after I just casually read around on the site for half a year. There are people that clash very hard with each other, in the teams board, or on the main boards. But except for the handful of trolls that exist around here even if you vastly disagree with opinions or assessments the user base on this site is very good. I venture to the main boards often, but I will tell you the team boards are much better than the mains in terms of trolls and such. Even if you are a rival fan, aslong as you come in peace, the users of other teams are fairly welcoming around here. Glad to have you man.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
I think it's wise to stack the 1st line while Crosby's in this semi-slow phase. Let them help carry until he's got juice.

As much as I love Hornqvist, he's poor on zone entries. He dumps it in at the first sign of pressure. It often leads to line 1 losing possession. You can see Sid snapping his head back in frustration when this occurs.

Brassard will stop up at the blue line and survey his options. He'll protect the puck. I really liked what I saw from them in the 3rd. Excited to see what they got in store for Vancouver.

This guy knows.

Reactions: Riikolas Revenge

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I could see Vancouver really doing a number on us with Pettersson in the line up. Without him this should be an easy win unless somehow Sutter and Boeser out play our stars....
Isn't that sad though?

We have Malkin, Crosby, Kessel, Guentzel, etc...

And they'll likely beat us because the defense plays a completely different game than our forwards (and vice versa). It's going to be a rough day at the office tomorrow.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012

It's why HAGELIN and Hornqvist work. Hagelin does the chasing when Hornqvist dumps and traditionally, Horny works best with players that have that set up, he dumps, another is quick to chase in, etc.

I get why people wanted Horny with Sid, but it just doesn't work when Jake and Sid are not that "chase the dump in" type of guys. They're the quick give and go types that like to enter the zone, make a quick pass, create separation and openings. I actually want to see a Hagelin, Sheahan, Hornqvist line and see how that does.

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Being brand new to HFboards, just wanted to say that it's a massive upgrade from /r/hockey and /r/penguins. There's so much more insightful posts and so much less nonsense. It's clear that there's seasoned fans here with a lot to offer.

All reddit is is just teenagers/early 20's kids degrading each other. The toxicity's unbearable. People just posting one-line zingers for karma points. You get barraged with tired memes and extremely poor humor. Practically the only thing reddit sports subs are good for are news updates.

I'm never going back. This is my haven now. :DD

Welcome. This place can be hell sometimes and if we lose we think the world is coming to an end because we must win every game of the season or bust! and we wont win a cup again, etc.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Welcome. This place can be hell sometimes and if we lose [the lead]we think the world is coming to an end because we must win every game of the season or bust! and we wont win a cup again, etc.

Edited for accuracy.

Reactions: 66-30-33

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Let’s hope VAN is not in the mood to play hard tonight....or their goalie is crap....because the Pens can’t outwork anyone anymore...they have to win on talent and opportunities (read: mistakes) and solid goaltending...yes, I said “can’t”...those who think they play this way because they lack the desire to play hard or are lazy are wrong...they literally don’t have the energy or speed to outhustle anyone anymore, and they certainly don’t have the players to outmuscle...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Well with all the cups they have won you can't blame them. Once you win a few it's pretty normal to have less desire compared to a team that's not won it. Not saying they aren't wanting to win, but the regular season does not really matter as much to them as it used to. At least that's my opinion, i'm probably wrong, who knows. I just know we will be ready and want to win for when it really matters, but we don't need to be world beaters right off the bat. You work your way throughout the season to becoming world beaters all the way to a cup victory, and this team is going to want their stanley cup back no doubts. But October? it's a month of adjustments, you don't need to sprint through it.

Peat

Jun 14, 2016
Nothing lasts forever man. We are not dead yet but our era is coming to a close. Enjoy it. Its been an awesome 10 plus years.

If anyone thought we'd continue to be the youngest and fastest team, they are insane.

Bah! Enough of this hippie stuff ;) Let us not go gentle into that good night - not while there's still Cups to be had. Maybe we can't be the youngest and fastest team, but that just means its time to find another way to win.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Bah! Enough of this hippie stuff ;) Let us not go gentle into that good night - not while there's still Cups to be had. Maybe we can't be the youngest and fastest team, but that just means its time to find another way to win.

*chills*

Lol

Reactions: BillPrep

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Well with all the cups they have won you can't blame them. Once you win a few it's pretty normal to have less desire compared to a team that's not won it. Not saying they aren't wanting to win, but the regular season does not really matter as much to them as it used to. At least that's my opinion, i'm probably wrong, who knows. I just know we will be ready and want to win for when it really matters, but we don't need to be world beaters right off the bat. You work your way throughout the season to becoming world beaters all the way to a cup victory, and this team is going to want their stanley cup back no doubts. But October? it's a month of adjustments, you don't need to sprint through it.

I’ve seen enough the last year+, even during PO time, to think it’s not a lack of drive...they definitely don’t need to burn themselves out early in the season but they never turned it on last year....I’m beginning to think after a restful offseason that it’s not desire but just inability...they don’t have “it” anymore....they should just hope they can get a good shooting % and finish when they can, play counterpunch like they did in 2017 and hope it works out just as well...

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
I’ve seen enough the last year+, even during PO time, to think it’s not a lack of drive...they definitely don’t need to burn themselves out early in the season but they never turned it on last year....I’m beginning to think after a restful offseason that it’s not desire but just inability...they don’t have “it” anymore....they should just hope they can get a good shooting % and finish when they can, play counterpunch like they did in 2017 and hope it works out just as well...
I excused last year of them playing too much hockey and needed a rest, now they got some R&R, they will show us and the hockey world what's up come the 2nd half of the season and into the playoffs.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I hope we win, cause losing sucks, like.
I am ok if we lose because the team worked hard and lost because the other team worked harder, but we lose (from last year to this year) because the team is literally its own worst enemy.

It's like seeing a team you know is great, be so f***ing disorganized and then giving up at times when they could be destroying teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->