5 Burning Questions for Team Dynasty:

Discussion in 'Chicago Blackhawks' started by hawksfan50, Sep 30, 2013.

View Users: View Users
  1. hawksfan50

hawksfan50 Registered User

1. Over or Under for K-bag in relief of CC? That is over or under in points won,over or under .910 save%,over or under 3.00 GAA and over or under bet he stays the whole season or is waived at some point?

2. #88...Man on a mission like last year or back to disinterested half trying like the year before?

3. Kruger/Nordstrom PK? Near as good as Kruger/Frolik PK of last season or slippage back to mid-pack or worse?

4. GLF (Great Leap Forward) for Leddy to "elite" club or plateau/about the same? May depend on whether Q gives up on any Keith led PP or lets Leddy take over as #1 PP Qb...and if that finally improves PP ...or still putrid? A huge question mark---again.

5. The Re-vamped third line---Saad (sophmore jinx/regression or more progression?) Shaw (we know what we get with him) and the Hayes/Smith replacement for Stalberg? Can Hayes/Smith even equal Stalberg's points total? We know the third line loses speed but if effort is better from the RW --maybe the line overall will impact better ..but uncertainty remains till PROVEN...so another big question mark.

and one more big if: Kostkas's impact...does he remain a mostly pines rider as the 7th or 8th dman or does he get used as a PP right handed point guy bombing shots on net..in other words will Q waste him to salve the egos of highly paid but PP futile D who fail too often to make the PP suceeed or will Q realize that indeed his PP is doomed again relying on the same old point combos that have been failing so long with the extra man? (Not really a burning question because even if Q sticks to the failed PP formula --we still can with with our superior 5x5 ability and a good PK--but it would be nice--for a change to add some extra cushion by getting more PP goals,don't you think?

2. theaub

theaub 34-38-61-10-13-15

I want Mike Kostka: PP Ace to happen just because it will confuse the hell out of everyone in this city

3. EbonyRaptor

EbonyRaptor Registered User

IT
    See above.

4. Hawkaholic

Hawkaholic Registered User

Khabibulin will be roughly 16-5-3 or 0.667win%

Kane will be around a point per game.

Kruger/Nordstrom will be as good, but if the PK isnt as effective it will be becase the defense or goalie will regress, or they changed the system a bit.

Leddy will definitely improve, you can see it already. Offensively he will get around 40pts with better defense than last year. I predict 10G 32A, with top PP TOI by the end of the season.

3rd line may not be as effective offensively, around the same or slightly less imo. But the defense will be much improved. Shaw, and Saad are a year older, and Hayes is beautiful better defensively than Stalberg. Same with Shaw.

Kostka will be 6/7 I think, unless a big injury happens.

5. BronYrAur

BronYrAur Registered User

Team dynasty? What a joke. People around here are ridiculous. The team is significantly weaker than it was last year. Losing Stalberg/Bolland/Frolik will hurt a lot more than people think.

6. zac

zac Registered User

How do you figure that? Bolland was flat out awful and we retained most of a fairly young but established roster. We may not be better but "significantly worse"? The biggest loss from that list is Frolik and even he's (potentially) replaceable.

I think it's a lot easier to make the argument for a potential dynasty than it is to say we're significantly worse (without assuming some rash of unpredictable injuries).

7. DisgruntledHawkFan

DisgruntledHawkFan Blackhawk Down

Heavy Machinery Operator
    Big fan of Frolik's game. Saying Smith or Nordstrom replace him will require either to take a big step forward.

That said, Q wastes Leddy, a legitimate top 5 defenseman by not giving him big PP minutes. If Kostka gets a bigger look I'll be flabbergasted.

8. Blue Liner

Blue Liner Registered User

"Significantly weaker" is a bit of an overstatement, I think. That's not undervaluing the contributions of those mentioned, either. I'm just confident with the roster that's still in place and while I'm not going to say this team is better, I won't say it's significantly worse, or worse at all. Time will tell, as always. I worry less about the roster itself and more just about other factors with the team as a whole coming off a crazy-short summer after a long playoff run in a season that had a jam-packed shortened schedule, only to play now in an Olympic year when a third of the roster will take part. Concerned more with fatigue and injuries than anything else.

9. MTP

MTP I Love Shinpads

"Significantly worse" remains to be seen. As it stands, the Hawks are still poised to take the division and possibly the conference.

10. DisgruntledHawkFan

DisgruntledHawkFan Blackhawk Down

Heavy Machinery Operator
    For sure. When the biggest loss on the team is your fourth line wing, it's hard to argue we took major strides backwards.