5 Biggest Beasts From First Round

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
That Lundqvist gif is at least 1 year old

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
Tom Wilson ? He completely changed the outcome of a series with a single hit.

The hit, albeit significant, did not "completely change the outcome of the series." That's pure hyperbole. There were many other more significant contributing factors. Such as Backstrom, Ward Kuznetsov, Holtby and the Isles depleted D which exposed their lack of depth (yes I know he took out Visnovski). Aside from the hit (which as you know was a minor penalty), he was a healthy scratch three times, had zero points and averaged 6 minutes of ice.

If the list was "Top 300 Biggest Beasts and Marginal Players From First Round" your boy may be on it. But his omission here is well deserved and even the most ardent Capitals fanboy would agree.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The hit, albeit significant, did not "completely change the outcome of the series." That's pure hyperbole. There were many other more significant contributing factors. Such as Backstrom, Ward Kuznetsov, Holtby and the Isles depleted D which exposed their lack of depth (yes I know he took out Visnovski). Aside from the hit (which as you know was a minor penalty), he was a healthy scratch three times, had zero points and averaged 6 minutes of ice.

If the list was "Top 300 Biggest Beasts and Marginal Players From First Round" your boy may be on it. But his omission here is well deserved and even the most ardent Capitals fanboy would agree.

Here's a quick list of how the hit affected the course of the series :
- injured Visnovsky
- made the Isles and their fans completely lose their ****. Even JT started whining in the media
- Isles tried to retaliate as they were getting crushed in game 5. It didn't work, they went away from the original gameplan.
- Boychuk and Leddy got double/triple shifted because of Visnovsky's absence. It was obvious in game 7.
The top pairing was exhausted because they had to cover Ovi, Backstrom and Kuznetsov by themselves.

Backstrom was the man of the series, but Wilson had a tremendous impact despite playing very few minutes.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Here's a quick list of how the hit affected the course of the series :
- injured Visnovsky
- made the Isles and their fans completely lose their ****. Even JT started whining in the media
- Isles tried to retaliate as they were getting crushed in game 5. It didn't work, they went away from the original gameplan.
- Boychuk and Leddy got double/triple shifted because of Visnovsky's absence. It was obvious in game 7.
The top pairing was exhausted because they had to cover Ovi, Backstrom and Kuznetsov by themselves.

Backstrom was the man of the series, but Wilson had a tremendous impact despite playing very few minutes.

I bolded the only one that really mattered. The underlined is redundant. It also made Caps fans insufferable bores. Some particularly so (unusual for Montreal, but still). They keep patting themselves on the back for having a 6 minute 4th liner that injured an Islander player. It lacks tact.

Felix Unger

Aug 2, 2005
Tough luck. Isles fans weren't angels either. Some of you were talking about Wilson like he was the second coming of Hunter.

What luck? I thought it was BEAST Wilson.

Not that I really care. But it's pretty funny watching someone praise their guys for injuring the opposition. I picture the doods from the Mountain Dew commercial.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
What luck? I thought it was BEAST Wilson.

Not that I really care. But it's pretty funny watching someone praise their guys for injuring the opposition. I picture the doods from the Mountain Dew commercial.

It's unfortunate, but it changed the course of the series in our favour. It was a clean hit, so I'm not ashamed to praise Wilson. He hit someone within the rules, and an injury occurred. Not his fault.
If Wilson didn't exist, maybe the Isles would be the one facing the Rangers.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Should have been Silfverberg over Perry, or at least over Lowry.

I thought Perry was better. Dominated game one, had a huge hand in game 4 and put up 7 points in 4 games playing top Jets competition.

Larry Fisher

Sep 19, 2002
Kelowna, B.C.
Is this GIF really from last year's series? My bad, but nice catch if true DearDiary. To be honest, Tom Wilson didn't cross my mind. Silfverberg did, but I felt Perry and Kesler were still the two best Ducks. Kuznetsov was probably next on my list. Mrazek was great, but his team lost the series so tough to declare a losing goalie a 'beast'. Bishop had the Game 7 shutout, so he was in contention too. Tough list to compile but I'm still pretty happy with the way it shook down. Appreciate all the comments and feedback!

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Credit CP user AC for this

I'm by no means a Canucks or Ducks fan but practically half of those highlights are borderline late hits and charges. Then a couple times running the goalie for good measure.

Has Ferland ever been suspended? Because I'm guessing he will be soon.

OVs Gold Chain*

I bolded the only one that really mattered. The underlined is redundant. It also made Caps fans insufferable bores. Some particularly so (unusual for Montreal, but still). They keep patting themselves on the back for having a 6 minute 4th liner that injured an Islander player. It lacks tact.

Easy there, Shakespeare.

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I'm by no means a Canucks or Ducks fan but practically half of those highlights are borderline late hits and charges. Then a couple times running the goalie for good measure.

Has Ferland ever been suspended? Because I'm guessing he will be soon.

I don't know about running the goalie except for the one time Lack skated into him on purpose, but yeah some were a little borderline late. refs called it once, blame them, not him for getting away with it.

He hits like I do on the Playstation :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad