Post-Game Talk: 5-4 Loss

Status
Not open for further replies.

McJadeddog

Sep 25, 2003
Regina, Saskatchewan
Waive Labarbera and call up Bachmann.

Giving up **** goals is one thing, but raising your arms, shaking your head and blaming your teammates when every ****ing goal was his fault is crossing a line. Time to make an example of this ****ing loser.

i'm really surprised this hasn't happened already... bachmann has a .925 save% in the AHL, so even if you dock him .025 for the jump to the NHL, he would still clearly be a better option than labarbera

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
The suck continues. Kevin Lowe still has a job.

You need to get a clue, our 4th line score, we were the better team all game. All the players that MacT has brought in have been affective, with the exception of Labarbara. This game was stolen from us.

McCrumb

Nov 13, 2005
Let me guess, the effort was there, controlled the play, ran into a hot goalie, our goalie was bad, like what I saw, if we keep playing like that we will win way more than we lose. Is that somewhat the way it went?

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Reid Wilkins ‏@ReidWilkins 2m
Oilers have allowed 48 goals this season. No other team is over 40.

Beyond terrible.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
We let in four goals from the blueline. Sure screens and deflections but it's insane how many goals we've let in from blueline shots so far this season.

That's how the good teams win. Offence starts from the points it's that simple. The fact we continue to try to work the puck downlow and try cross ice passes on the PP frustrates me to no end.

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I have no idea why people are ragging on the team when we played a perfect road game vs. Phoenix. Even our defense and transition games were good. When your goalie lets in 3 wristers from the freaking point, there is nothing else the guys in front of him can do.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
I can't say the team even played poorly, they really should've only given up 2-3 goals in this game, and once again they carried the play. I think they're still capable of turning it around, but this is a deep ****ing hole they're digging.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
They should have. 4 straight PPs for the Coyotes after we tied it at 3 says it all.

Maybe one of those was an actual penalty.

Arcobello's high stick was the only actual penalty, but even that sucked just because of how hard the guy sold it.

Oct 30, 2011
Let me guess, the effort was there, controlled the play, ran into a hot goalie, our goalie was bad, like what I saw, if we keep playing like that we will win way more than we lose. Is that somewhat the way it went?

No, the PP still sucks

goaltending was terrible on both sides

PK stopped winning puck battles

terrible special teams are terrible

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
It's been said, but it seems like an almost obvious moves for MacT here.

Waive LaBarbera, call up Bachman, negotiate term with Bryzgalov. We can't lose half the season before realizing that hockey is a business, and it has nothing to do with feelings. LaBarberthaworstgoalieofalltime needs to go.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Arcobello's high stick was the only actual penalty, but even that sucked just because of how hard the guy sold it.

Yup.

The Smid penalty was ****ing Pejorative Slured. The refs at center ice should not be making stupid calls like that.

Hugo McStiglitz

#BlameTheWater
Dec 27, 2010
My suggestion for our new backup:
GoalieNetCover.jpg

He might even be able to outplay Dubynk.

Hemsky4PM

Jun 25, 2003
Billeting Ales
Visit site
Labarbera is an easy scapegoat for this game. He couldn't see 4 of the goals and Arcobello tipped the other one in.

That said, he's not a very good NHL goalie and that falls on MacT and the pro scouts. Would the Ducks move Fasth? Sigh. Bottom 6 at best seems about where we'll finish again.

Our defense is just plain bad. We have a no.3 in Petry and no better than a no.5 in anyone else. Again, MacT's problem to fix. I had hoped Ference would be a no.4, he's not. We're in dump Smid and N Schultz and call up Klefbom and Fedun territory. Nurse and Klefbom are the only hope it seems...but 2015 is long off.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
especially after having a Real Man tantrum. "NO I CAN DO THIS! IM A MAN!" then blows. he should have been out of the league ages ago.

Yakupov on the final minute or so looked hilarious. just chopping wood on the half boards getting scared when Ribiero comes at him. the dude has to go through some major growing pains to lose the "i'm sick... so sick i can't function on a team properly" attitude.

I'm coming in peace gentlemen. But what is this all about? LOL actually said that?

McDeathbyCheerios*

We need D bad. We need a legit top one or a lights out goalie. One of the two and we can win games. Fix our PP, aquire at least one of the above and we can be at least a. 500 team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad