GDT: 5/4/18 - 7:00PM EDT - #1AT Tampa Bay @ #2AT Boston [ECSF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Ah, forgot he kissed him. All of it is pretty much a blur as the guy is a complete joke.

Have a couple things to mention as well.

1. Domingue! Anybody see how happy he was out there and postgame? Good to see him with a smile on his face. It's obvious his role is backup but it's nice to see the guy involved and like he's out there. I think down the stretch the addition of him can't be overlooked. Where would we be without him? Probably not 1st in the Atlantic and sitting pretty with home ice. Hats off to Yzerman moving Drouin, signing the two vets and bringing Domingue in when he did.

2. Cooper - I'm impressed. Gotta say it. Somehow this team has remained cool and with the exception of a couple periods, they've prevailed the typical Boston Bruins antics. They managed to somehow come from behind and win in their barn. Two road wins in a row in a place we are historically bad at. The lines, sticking with them and the calming of the storm has impressed me. Sure the guys give it their all, but this team plays differently than the 2015 and 2016 playoff teams.

I really like our chances going forward. I do. Boston is missing Krug and they've already shuffled the lineups. They are not as deep and look exhausted. We forecheck before they can move the puck and we come away with nearly every 50/50 it seems. I really like our chances of closing this out Sunday. If there's one thing that's definitive, it's that this team isn't dicking around when it comes to putting their foot on their opponents throat this postseason. I definitely didn't expect us to win 2 road games and be up 3-1 heading home.

I still believe we would've won game 1 if we didn't have a week off.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
31919584_1842392815824244_7561048538856030208_n.jpg

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

Girardi seems like he is hilarious. Did not expect him to be such a goofy dude before signing him. Love it

Edit: upon second watch, two things stick out. Paquette gives give fives with both hands, so hopefully nothing wrong after the shot block. And two, girardi’s goofy hand thing he did was mocking his one handed tip in goal. Fantastic

Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Girardi seems like he is hilarious. Did not expect him to be such a goofy dude before signing him. Love it

McDonagh looks almost despondent.... he just walks in like "yeah yeah we won alright" it seriously reminded me of the Jon Snow at a dinner party skit

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I honestly don't know how you can lick the mouth of a grown man holding a stick and still expect to wake up with your face intact.

Would not have held it against Callahan if he'd crosschecked Marchand in the teeth.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I honestly don't know how you can lick the mouth of a grown man holding a stick and still expect to wake up with your face intact.

Would not have held it against Callahan if he'd crosschecked Marchand in the teeth.

If anything would give him props for not giving in and taking a penalty and especially after Tampa had already given up 2 PP goals.

I want to see him get payback on the scoresheet tomorrow and think his line is close to doing that. But I think him and the entire team have already turned the page on this.

Reactions: LonLon Lei and Hoek

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Warnings and slaps on the hand. Just wait til next year and they play the Pens and he touches Crosby. He will get an auto 5 game suspension.

They're just encouraging him to do it again and again. It's like getting picked up for a minor crime, sitting in jail for a few hours and getting out just to be a repeat offender and do it again.

I hope MSL hops on Vinnys shoulders Sunday and they join the handshake line so they can lick their tears.

Stormbreaker

Apr 2, 2012
If the league really wanted to make a statement he'd be suspended for not just the playoffs but the start of next year too.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Jets & Preds looking at each other like wtf we didn't do anything. It's literally 1 guy and he plays for Boston!
In other words any player other than Marchand will be disciplined. This is the 3rd or 4th time. I kind of want a player to lick another player. Then appeal it well you have him several warnings and you want to discipline me.

Reactions: Hoek

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
In other words any player other than Marchand will be disciplined. This is the 3rd or 4th time. I kind of want a player to lick another player. Then appeal it well you have him several warnings and you want to discipline me.
I'm reading it as that they'll actually start enforcing rules on licking now. It's weak that they're letting him basically get away with it, but they didn't do anything when he was doing it to Maple Leafs either.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
There is way too much chatter around the hockey world about the lick and not enough about the play that sparked the whole thing. 2nd game in a row Marchand has tried to go low on a bolts player. If he succeeds there, there's no lick because Callys not getting up off the ice from that.
Damn straight.

I'm glad that the NHL has, for the most part, turned the page on goonery and no-talent thugs on rosters just to be enforcers, I really am, but every now and then................

Last edited:

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
I'm reading it as that they'll actually start enforcing rules on licking now. It's weak that they're letting him basically get away with it, but they didn't do anything when he was doing it to Maple Leafs either.
Which is the point. It's not the first time. The league should have done something about it, but it didn't, because it's more interested in TV ratings and ad revenue than in the integrity of the sport. The whole thing is revolting on multiple levels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad