GDT: 5/4/18 - 7:00PM EDT - #1AT Tampa Bay @ #2AT Boston [ECSF GAME 4]

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Everything beyond the 2nd period felt unreal. Here we are beating the hell out of Boston and suddenly we just implode and of all freaking people it's Stamkos who has the game tying goal. Am I the only one who felt this way?

The quick OT win was delightfully sobering. Honest question -other than his very first playoff game have we ever lost another playoff OT game since Montreal in the Jon Cooper era? It's gotta be something like 5-1 record or better after all these years. Nothing is really jumping out at me right now

Reactions: Hockey4Life91

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
Everything beyond the 2nd period felt unreal. Here we are beating the hell out of Boston and suddenly we just implode and of all freaking people it's Stamkos who has the game tying goal. Am I the only one who felt this way?

The quick OT win was delightfully sobering. Honest question -other than his very first playoff game have we ever lost another playoff OT game since Montreal in the Jon Cooper era? It's gotta be something like 5-1 record or better after all these years. Nothing is really jumping out at me right now
pretty sure we lost in OT against the pens game 2 in 2016. but I'm not 100% on that

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

pretty sure we lost in OT against the pens game 2 in 2016. but I'm not 100% on that
Game 1 vs Montreal: ECQF 2014 - Dale Weise

Game 3 @ Detroit: ECQF 2015 - Tyler Johnson
Game 1 @ Montreal: ECSF 2015 - Nikita Kucherov (2OT)
Game 3 vs NYR: ECF 2015 - Nikita Kucherov

Game 3 @ NYI: ECSF 2016 - Brian Boyle
Game 4 @ NYI: ECSF 2016 - Jason Garrison

Game 2 @ Pittsburgh: ECF 2016 - Sidney Crosby
Game 5 @ Pittsburgh: ECF 2016 - Tyler Johnson

Game 4 @ Boston: ECSF 2018 - Dan Girardi

meatwad4343

Apr 19, 2018
Tampa
The Bruins board is embarrassing. Those fans have lost all dignity. Tin foil hats everywhere. Wow.

And the defend that piece of human trash Marchand. they are a collective joke.
yes that conspiracy thread about how we're getting the calls because yzerman is connected to team Canada had me dying lol. these guys are in total meltdown mode and its hilarious

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
The easiest conspiracy would be that the control room is in Toronto and that the Bruins just knocked Toronto's team out of the playoffs. For g-ds sake, no league in this country would ever conspire a Tampa Bay team to beat a BOSTON team in the playoffs. Chowdered up idiots.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

Days already answered your question specifically, but I tweeted out before OT that the Lightning's playoff record in road OT games is nuts and it only got nuttier tonight. 15 overtime road games, 12 wins for the Lightning. Only losses? Game 5 in the '03 ECSF (Grant Marshall), Game 6 in the '04 ECF (Simon Gagne) and Game 2 in the '16 ECF (Crosby).

Reactions: LonLon Lei

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There was talk he was warned but no confirmation. I doubt he was though. It's more creepy than dirty. Well maybe dirty for his own mouth I guess.

It's such an embarrassment to the league that I think something will be done, even if it's nothing we hear about.

That said, to me, the most important damage is the damage Marchand is probably doing to the B's dressing room. If you're Patrice Bergeron or Zdeno Chara, you're pretty embarrassed by your teammate right now.

I mean, seriously, if a Bolt had done that, does anybody think they wouldn't get a stern phonecall from SFY that night?

The B's, despite their reputation, have some well-thought of people in their front office. I have a hard time believing they're A-Okay with the commentators around the league talking about what an embarrassment this guy is.

Reactions: Hoek and staubitz

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
It's such an embarrassment to the league that I think something will be done, even if it's nothing we hear about.

That said, to me, the most important damage is the damage Marchand is probably doing to the B's dressing room. If you're Patrice Bergeron or Zdeno Chara, you're pretty embarrassed by your teammate right now.

I mean, seriously, if a Bolt had done that, does anybody think they wouldn't get a stern phonecall from SFY that night?

The B's, despite their reputation, have some well-thought of people in their front office. I have a hard time believing they're A-Okay with the commentators around the league talking about what an embarrassment this guy is.
Bobby Orr wore that jersey. That's all I can think about anymore when Marchand does stuff like this.

xteesy

Jun 19, 2014
Tampa
Bobby Orr wore that jersey. That's all I can think about anymore when Marchand does stuff like this.

Seriously.

If you're Brad Marchand has at best 7-8 left on his career. As soon as his numbers drop, Boston dumps him. I can't think of another team that picks him up solely because of the dudes reputation.

He's on the skill level of someone like Johnson/Point (probably even better in some aspects) but with all the drama, it's not good for a team's locker room.

How the hell do you justify LICKING another person as a professional athlete who's getting paid tens of millions of dollars?

That's not even to begin mentioning the fact every single fan base in the league hates him and literally calls him the rat.

Example:
E. Kane = Annoying, sometimes pushing dirty (usually in a heated situation, doesn't really "go out of his way to hurt someone" kinda player). He's just an annoying guy to play against. Can't say anyone in the league has to worry about getting licked by this guy.

Marchand = Annoying as hell, dirty as hell, caught on multiple occasions licking other players, caught headhunting multiple times (I could go on for a while). People not only hate him, they would rather NOT have him even with how skilled he is...

Side note - when we have players from nearly every fan base wanting US (TAMPA f***ING BAY) to win because of 1 asshat - you know there's a problem

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Seriously.

If you're Brad Marchand has at best 7-8 left on his career. As soon as his numbers drop, Boston dumps him. I can't think of another team that picks him up solely because of the dudes reputation.

He's on the skill level of someone like Johnson/Point (probably even better in some aspects) but with all the drama, it's not good for a team's locker room.

How the hell do you justify LICKING another person as a professional athlete who's getting paid tens of millions of dollars?

That's not even to begin mentioning the fact every single fan base in the league hates him and literally calls him the rat.

Example:
E. Kane = Annoying, sometimes pushing dirty (usually in a heated situation, doesn't really "go out of his way to hurt someone" kinda player). He's just an annoying guy to play against. Can't say anyone in the league has to worry about getting licked by this guy.

Marchand = Annoying as hell, dirty as hell, caught on multiple occasions licking other players, caught headhunting multiple times (I could go on for a while). People not only hate him, they would rather NOT have him even with how skilled he is...

Side note - when we have players from nearly every fan base wanting US (TAMPA ****ING BAY) to win because of 1 asshat - you know there's a problem
I was thinking that, too. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Bruins try to ship him out in the off season. I mean, not sure what sort of movement clause he has, if any, but I could see the Bruins making it clear to him that he wasn't welcome, and taking a hit to be rid of him, and then trying to bring in someone like Tavares, Karlsson, Doughty, etc. Who knows, though. He gets a lot of love on the Bruins boards.

I will say the look on Marchand's face afterwards kind of betrayed his thoughts a little bit. He seemed like a guy who was wrestling with all of the potential ramifications.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I was thinking that, too. It wouldn't surprise me at all to see the Bruins try to ship him out in the off season. I mean, not sure what sort of movement clause he has, if any, but I could see the Bruins making it clear to him that he wasn't welcome, and taking a hit to be rid of him, and then trying to bring in someone like Tavares, Karlsson, Doughty, etc. Who knows, though. He gets a lot of love on the Bruins boards.

I will say the look on Marchand's face afterwards kind of betrayed his thoughts a little bit. He seemed like a guy who was wrestling with all of the potential ramifications.

The look on his face when Chara talked to him. Like a kid who'd disappointed his dad.

Reactions: Stamper

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

I agree with you on Chara and Bergeron, but that front office has turned a blind eye to his antics for a long time, and the antics and dirty play of others. That franchise has a certain reputation around this league and it's well earned.

Reactions: Hoek

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I agree with you on Chara and Bergeron, but that front office has turned a blind eye to his antics for a long time, and the antics and dirty play of others. That franchise has a certain reputation around this league and it's well earned.

Don Sweeney's been in charge for less than two years. That's the guy I'm mainly thinking. But there's also a difference between a conventionally dirty player and a guy doing what can only be compared to Sean Avery tactics. I think Marchand gets tolerated because he's a very good player, and seen as a guy who occasionally crosses the line. This is different though. Not that it's worse, just that it's indefensible.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
The look on his face when Chara talked to him. Like a kid who'd disappointed his dad.
Lol, really. And a kid who knew the conversation would resume when they got home. Must have been tense in that locker room during the intermission that followed that debacle.

Reactions: staubitz

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
I can't say I sympathize w/ the other players on the team cuz they are our rivals now but at least Marchand should feel sorry for his own teammates. Seems like he's the only one hurting their reputation now. It's not only himself, but his team man...he really should know better.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I'm sure someone can look it up as I don't care to because I don't think of it as part of the game, but the guy who kissed someone a longggggg time ago...yeah that's a rare occurrence that you don't often see.

Marchand has licked two guys in a years time, one guy twice. I'm pretty amazed how he's actually a fully functioning human being and somebody hasn't beaten the saliva out of him. It's one thing for a guy to kiss a dude on the neck or whatever it was, but for one of the dirtiest players in the league to stoop to licking guys is disturbing.

Player safety is an issue at that point. I have no idea what he has or could have but it's the same reason why guys don't walk up to each other and spit in their mouth or eyes. You run a risk of a player potentially catching something from another player. And besides that, what kind of bush league message does it send to fans and even non fans that you're allowing a player to continue LICKING another player - in the playoffs. When everyone is watching... who is the nimrod not suspending him or saying, let's give him ANOTHER suspension.

He claims Callahan punched him four times, they got close and suddenly he pushes his rat tongue out of his rat mouth and proceeds to swipe saliva on our American wonder of the world. No accident you rat. Guy is mentally disturbed. If I was the Bruins, I'd be looking to get rid of him this off-season. Does he stand in the shower licking the walls and making eye contact with his teammates? Somebody on his team should just beat his ass, do everybody a favor.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I thought it was funny when he first kissed Komarov but licking is just disgusting and he should get a fist to his face for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad