Post-Game Talk: 5-3 win against our biggest rivals

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
You can have one guy like Drouin on your roster if he's producing... the problem last year was three of our best forwards were floaters...

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Nice surprise for me, they won...Uncle Neimi played well also...really did not have much expectations for this game, and the guys showed up.................will not be nearly as easy tonight vs Tbay.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Nice surprise for me, they won...Uncle Neimi played well also...really did not have much expectations for this game, and the guys showed up.................will not be nearly as easy tonight vs Tbay.
I’m sure Lightning fans are saying “won’t b easy vs the Habs tonight”......

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Drouin can still work on consistency. He's putting up points at a really good rate even while not playing that well at times. That's a good sign. The hate on for him is a bit much. I get we all want more consistency but I just don't quite get the level of hate from some people. People should be folding their hands and praying he can bring it more often because he's a legit game breaking talent.

I also don't get why people don't like the Kovalev comparisons. There's no more apt comparison I can think of. Sure Drouin's not as talented as Kovalev, do you know who else isn't as talented as Kovalev...? Just about everyone who's ever played the game lol. Kovalev is one of the most skilled players ever. Full stop. My vote for best puck handler from what I seen. His dekes were face meltingly awesome. You can make a case for Datsyuk but really that's about it imo.

People act like Drouin's a scrub or something. He's probably the most talented player we've had since Kovalev so I don't get why people think it's some kind of stretch. 14 pts in 17 playoff games as a kid. We just need more talent to surround him with. I don't think he can ever be truly relied upon as a top player but if you put him in a more complimentary role he'll shine just like Kovalev in Pittsburgh.
I get why people dislike him but he is exactly what Habs fans have been begging for for years. A high end offensive talent with incredible skill. Sure he messes up but I'd rather he screw up from time to time and go for the big plays then play it safe all the time.

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
Not enough love for Niemi who played well after that disaster. Couldn't be blamed for the three goals, well, maybe one he could have stopped, but overall he did good. Shows we can win without Price, but tonight will be a different story I'm afraid. We'll see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad