Post-Game Talk: 5-3 win against our biggest rivals

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Hit like 4 or 5 posts tonight. Thought it was a great game all around from all of the guys. Even the PP looked better.

Shaw made an awesome play on the winner. I think he'll fit great on that line.

Benn and Kulak played well. Niemi looked shaky but made a couple nice saves in the third off of one-timers.

Had to win this one, IMO. Going to be hard-pressed to beat Tampa tomorrow on a back-to-back with no Price

Bee Holder

Jul 3, 2017
Montreal
Mete - Weber is looking legit good.

Dare i say Jordie Benn had a great game.
I did not recognize him out there! Only when I saw #8 on the jersey i was amazed. Great game overall for him with a few flashes of hands, skill and speed that no one knew about hahah

Would still keep him on the bottom pair and take him out when Juulsen is healthy tho

Reactions: Chr1s97

kgboomer

Nov 12, 2014
I was at the game, our Habs were a fun team to watch. Everybody were going all out every shift except one... Drouin. So much talent and so lazy, still end up with 2 pts on the scoresheet.

Reactions: Pomee

Jul 6, 2016
I did not recognize him out there! Only when I saw #8 on the jersey i was amazed. Great game overall for him with a few flashes of hands, skill and speed that no one knew about hahah

Would still keep him on the bottom pair and take him out when Juulsen is healthy tho

Benn is a solid #6, #7 d-man. Not much more.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

Drouin can still work on consistency. He's putting up points at a really good rate even while not playing that well at times. That's a good sign. The hate on for him is a bit much. I get we all want more consistency but I just don't quite get the level of hate from some people. People should be folding their hands and praying he can bring it more often because he's a legit game breaking talent.

I also don't get why people don't like the Kovalev comparisons. There's no more apt comparison I can think of. Sure Drouin's not as talented as Kovalev, do you know who else isn't as talented as Kovalev...? Just about everyone who's ever played the game lol. Kovalev is one of the most skilled players ever. Full stop. My vote for best puck handler from what I seen. His dekes were face meltingly awesome. You can make a case for Datsyuk but really that's about it imo.

People act like Drouin's a scrub or something. He's probably the most talented player we've had since Kovalev so I don't get why people think it's some kind of stretch. 14 pts in 17 playoff games as a kid. We just need more talent to surround him with. I don't think he can ever be truly relied upon as a top player but if you put him in a more complimentary role he'll shine just like Kovalev in Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->