GDT: 5/26/21 - 8:00PM EDT - #2CD Florida vs #3CD Tampa Bay [CDSF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
I feel like people forget that having a 20 year old starting goalie is going to be a f***ing adventure. Carter Hart this year? Carey Price back in the day?

Development isn't linear, and with goaltenders the book gets around the league pretty quickly. The idea the Cats are pinning their hopes on Spencer Knight being a 40+ game player next year could very easily blow up in their face.

Heck, just remember what an up-and-down season Vasi had when he was filling in for an injured Bishop in the first half of the 2016-'17 season. If he had been anywhere near the Vasi of today, they would've made the playoffs that year, but he was just brutal. .892 S% in December and January.

Andrei Vasilevskiy 2016-17 Game Log | Hockey-Reference.com

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
We are a different team with Goodrow in the line up and our third line can actually be the best third line in hockey. It is such a tone setting line. Defensively responsible. Always tenacious on the forecheck and usually dominating possession. Plus, they always make the right play - even when it isn't the sexiest one to make. They chip it deep or high and off the glass when appropriate. When the third line is in gear, I feel like it really helps get all other lines in gear, too.

Nice to see Vasy shut it down in another series clinching game.
It seems like every Cup winner has that great 3rd line that does all the dirty things. It's a shame we'll probably lose both Coleman and Goodrow for next season.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
It seems like every Cup winner has that great 3rd line that does all the dirty things. It's a shame we'll probably lose both Coleman and Goodrow for next season.
I think we resign Goodrow, tbh. He won't command as much as Coleman and he knows his role in Tampa and Coop loves him.

Hell, both might wanna stay and continue to chase rings. I think Goodrow stays.

Reactions: Hoek

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I think we resign Goodrow, tbh. He won't command as much as Coleman and he knows his role in Tampa and Coop loves him.

Hell, both might wanna stay and continue to chase rings. I think Goodrow stays.
Well, yeah, Goodrow is more likely to be retained. I think Coleman will chase the money since this is probably his last chance to get some of that sweet UFA money and to be honest, I don't want to pay him the amount he'll probably command on the open market.

gn2007

Nov 21, 2009
Shelby Township, MI
I feel like people forget that having a 20 year old starting goalie is going to be a f***ing adventure. Carter Hart this year? Carey Price back in the day?

Development isn't linear, and with goaltenders the book gets around the league pretty quickly. The idea the Cats are pinning their hopes on Spencer Knight being a 40+ game player next year could very easily blow up in their face.

That why I would say 30 at most games maybe 35 but you got bobs contract and have to use that someway lol.

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Just finished to watch the game. It was great, solid game. Literally everyone from Maroon until Vasy stepped up and played well,it was enjoyable to wastch! GG Bolts. Lets go forward)
Also was tha the last game we could watch wit BSSun,next games will be on Nbc?

Reactions: Maelmoor

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
Just finished to watch the game. It was great, solid game. Literally everyone from Maroon until Vasy stepped up and played well,it was enjoyable to wastch! GG Bolts. Lets go forward)
Also was tha the last game we could watch wit BSSun,next games will be on Nbc?
Correct. All games will be on a national broadcast going forward.

Reactions: NatoGhost

Peacefool

Nov 15, 2019
Correct. All games will be on a national broadcast going forward.

eh, I like our guys broadcasting games. Cheers to Dave,he came in really good,it was very enjoyable to listen him,and you just feel that he very enjoys to cast Tampa Bay!

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
eh, I like our guys broadcasting games. Cheers to Dave,he came in really good,it was very enjoyable to listen him,and you just feel that he very enjoys to cast Tampa Bay!
He was never going to replace Rick, but he did a hell of a job and I enjoyed his commentary and look forward to him calling many, many more games for us. Happy he's apart of the team

Reactions: NatoGhost

U55

Apr 9, 2019
Tampa, Florida
Panthers are a good team, but their fanbase is as dislikable as the bruins fans overall. I am glad they got a heavy dose of a reality check, even though some of them are delusional enough to believe they were the better team. The better team doesn't get beat 4-0 in a closeout game, and the better team doesn't need a 2 goal comeback in the 3rd period to prevent a series sweep. Stay classy panthers fans, I hope your team heals up from their injuries on the golf course.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Panthers are a good team, but their fanbase is as dislikable as the bruins fans overall. I am glad they got a heavy dose of a reality check, even though some of them are delusional enough to believe they were the better team. The better team doesn't get beat 4-0 in a closeout game, and the better team doesn't need a 2 goal comeback in the 3rd period to prevent a series sweep. Stay classy panthers fans, I hope your team heals up from their injuries on the golf course.
Sadly some of them were calling us cheaters by using the cap rules while their guys are trying to.injure players...which I believe is against the rules

Reactions: U55

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL
Sadly some of them were calling us cheaters by using the cap rules while their guys are trying to.injure players...which I believe is against the rules

I was overwhelmingly amused by people mentioning the active salaries for Game 6 knowing full well part of the reason why Florida's was so low is because $16.5M was being wasted on Yandle and Bob being healthy scratches. I mean, gee whiz, who's fault is that?

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
I was overwhelmingly amused by people mentioning the active salaries for Game 6 knowing full well part of the reason why Florida's was so low is because $16.5M was being wasted on Yandle and Bob being healthy scratches. I mean, gee whiz, who's fault is that?

I don't really understand why people are even mentioning the salary disparity. We are operating within the rules of the league and the Panthers are intentionally well below the salary cap. It's not like either team is operating under unfair rules, so it's just an irrelevant point.

Reactions: Hoek

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I don't really understand why people are even mentioning the salary disparity. We are operating within the rules of the league and the Panthers are intentionally well below the salary cap. It's not like either team is operating under unfair rules, so it's just an irrelevant point.
And like I mentioned on the main boards, we won the cup in 2004 with a far bigger disparity pre-salary cap than what anyone is whining about right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->