GDT: 5/23/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1M Washington VS #1A Tampa Bay [ECF GAME 7]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SF91

Nov 12, 2015
Not a big fan of Killer on first line, that makes us more of a defensive liability as the other dont play D. Oh well hopefully they score 4 goals to make up for it.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Game 7, season is on the line back on home ice against a hungry Caps team..

ruh%2Broh%2Bshaggy.png

gg720fla

Dec 14, 2016
Like everyone has pretty much said already, the top guys have to be the ones bringing it every play even if they don't score. Set the example for the rest of the team and do not, I say it again, DO NOT let the Caps physically manhandle you guys again. And one last important thing, SHOOT, SHOOT, SHOOT AND AGAIN SHOOT THE FREAKING PUCK!!!!!!

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
I think we needed some size on all of the lines. I thought the Caps really took it to us physically last game and I think Coop wants to have a guy on every line who can bring that physicality. If we are going to win tonight we have to fight back physically. We were getting tossed around last game.
That doesn’t explain trading Killer for Miller on the top line

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
Not a big fan of Killer on first line, that makes us more of a defensive liability as the other dont play D. Oh well hopefully they score 4 goals to make up for it.

I think he does what JT was supposed to do:

Stand in front of Chokeltby and tips da puck in da net.

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Hi everyone!
Tonight is the biggest game of the season till now.
I hope to see a big game played by our stars, Stamkos, Hedman, Kucherov and Point.
Rule number 2: no PP to the Caps.
Let's go Bolts!

Reactions: LonLon Lei

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Pulling out all the stops that turned into victories postseason;

Pre Johnson in Detroit miracle(Not verbatim, from recollection):

"I don't think Cooper will ever lead us to a cup as he just doesn't have it. Hedmonster? He's been pretty bad this round and I don't know what everybody sees in him as he makes so many mistakes."

Down 2-0 after game 2 this round:

"I expect nothing from us. Went into last game expecting them to be better but now I expect nothing so I won't be disappointed. Don't disappoint me."

Regular season mojo:
Electricity > Nations Capital

Tonight's mojo:
I just ate a sandwich and I hope Tampa can win?

I hope all of this is strong enough to bundle into a win.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
Ovie calling this "the biggest game of his life". Arguably the best player in the world, he is extremely motivated and looking to exorcise the demons of past playoff failures (the blame for which has fallen almost entirely, and unfairly, on his shoulders). On the other hand, TB is tired of being viewed as soft and under-achieving with a coach that most of the hockey world views as elite while his teams own fans aren't quite sure what they've got. Tonight will give them all an opportunity to, at least for the moment, dispel those notions and keep the SC dreams alive. This morning the touts had TB as a -160 favorite but trending down, now at -135. I'd call it a pick 'em at best. Go Bolts!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Ovie calling this "the biggest game of his life". Arguably the best player in the world, he is extremely motivated and looking to exorcise the demons of past playoff failures (the blame for which has fallen almost entirely, and unfairly, on his shoulders). On the other hand, TB is tired of being viewed as soft and under-achieving with a coach that most of the hockey world views as elite while his teams own fans aren't quite sure what they've got. Tonight will give them all an opportunity to, at least for the moment, dispel those notions and keep the SC dreams alive. This morning the touts had TB as a -160 favorite but trending down, now at -135. I'd call it a pick 'em at best. Go Bolts!

It's trending down because the late money, meaning your better gamblers, is coming in on Washington.

I'm so sure we're going to lose this game that I don't even feel nervous.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
It's trending down because the late money, meaning your better gamblers, is coming in on Washington.

I'm so sure we're going to lose this game that I don't even feel nervous.
I know why it's trending down and I agree with the trend at that number, but I am not quite as pessimistic you are. The Bolts are such a Jekyll and Hyde team you never know who's going to show up. I know this, they better have their chin straps buckled up tight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad