GDT: 5/21/18 - 8:00PM EDT - #1A Tampa Bay @ #1M Washington [ECF GAME 6]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
I’m not that worried for tonight’s game but if there is a game 7 I’ll be really worried then for sure

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Season 4-6 are my favorites so far parts of 7 are as well. I am up to Battle of the Bastards currently.

Surprisingly I was disappointed by the Battle of the Bastards. I can only watch the tales of a Hannibal Lecter wannabe and his Reek for so long before I want to yell at him to mercifully end my suffering. It was a predictable story arch with an even more predictable outcome that I had to wait far too long for. Like right now I'm going to be starting episode 9 of season 5. We are on the edge of war starting and right now I'm thinking "Oh my God I gotta wait an entire season for these guys to finally finish this off" no differently than the first time I watched. And in the meantime I'm trying to remember why I supposed to feel happy that a certain character is getting much needed karma they never intended instead of a knife in their throat. I'll say this much. Once they get the Battle of the Bastards out of the way GoT goes right back to being awesome.

If it wasn't for "Hardhome" I'd say that season 5 is worth skipping. Between the never ending tales of Reek and his master, bad marriage arrangements, the great story of a girl who wants to be no one taking so long to tell that I start feeling apathetic to it and the most interesting character of the franchise being stuck in chains, a boat or on a boat in chains I don't know what part of season 5 found the least enjoyable

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I was definitely not feeling good even after Game 4, because most of that game was a trainwreck. I think Game 5 was textbook Lightning hockey, but I'm still not feeling great about tonight. Too much can go wrong.

Well if it helps I'm calm mostly because I know we cannot be eliminated today.

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
Surprisingly I was disappointed by the Battle of the Bastards. I can only watch the tales of a Hannibal Lecter wannabe and his Reek for so long before I want to yell at him to mercifully end my suffering. It was a predictable story arch with an even more predictable outcome that I had to wait far too long for. Like right now I'm going to be starting episode 9 of season 5. We are on the edge of war starting and right now I'm thinking "Oh my God I gotta wait an entire season for these guys to finally finish this off" no differently than the first time I watched. And in the meantime I'm trying to remember why I supposed to feel happy that a certain character is getting much needed karma they never intended instead of a knife in their throat. I'll say this much. Once they get the Battle of the Bastards out of the way GoT goes right back to being awesome.

If it wasn't for "Hardhome" I'd say that season 5 is worth skipping. Between the never ending tales of Reek and his master, bad marriage arrangements, the great story of a girl who wants to be no one taking so long to tell that I start feeling apathetic to it and the most interesting character of the franchise being stuck in chains, a boat or on a boat in chains I don't know what part of season 5 found the least enjoyable

Agreed, Also the Dragon Drogon comes off as a needy 15 year old always needing his mother's affections. Ayra seriously annoys me, I am slightly saddened that the final season will be so short and we are having to wait another year for it.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Agreed, Also the Dragon Drogon comes off as a needy 15 year old always needing his mother's affections. Ayra seriously annoys me, I am slightly saddened that the final season will be so short and we are having to wait another year for it.

lol if you ever watched Breaking Bad Drogon reminds me of Walter Junior now that you mention it. I can hear it now "GAAWWDDD MOM I JUST WANNA FLY AWAY!!" As crazy as it sounds Arya was my favorite because I didn't accidentally find spoilers about her and got to watch her story wondering what would happen. She is a little annoying but I found Sansa to be the unbearable at times. No mistake, a sympathize for a girl who doesn't have the first clue how to take care of herself and has so few resources outside of her family that she has no choice but to go wit the flow. But all together as a character if I had a dollar every time she was just standing in a room being helpless I'd have enough for a bottle of wine for Tyrion.

Wait..... wait. What happened more. Sansa standing helpless in the room or passionate, heartfelt soliloquies by Tyrion and Daenerys?

Fabiobest

Italian Florida Man
Feb 4, 2017
Turin, Italy
Yea gotta stay out of the box tonight.
It's too early to talk about that of course, but the rule "stay our of the box"
was very important against Boston, is very important in this series and, of course, will be very important also with Vegas, in case.
Less penalties we take (or, higher our PK ratio will be) and more chances we'll have to win.
But we'll thing at Vegas during the next days in case (but I'm just scared...).
Now we've to be focused to this series.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
I spent my entire planning period today not grading papers but obsessively checking out these forums, various hockey sites and worrying about tonight's game. :facepalm:

The fact that we won't be eliminated if we lose tonight is the only thing keeping me from going stark raving mad. :P

That being said, WIN THIS DAMN THING TONIGHT. So we can all go back to breathing normally for a few days. :eek:

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
lol if you ever watched Breaking Bad Drogon reminds me of Walter Junior now that you mention it. I can hear it now "GAAWWDDD MOM I JUST WANNA FLY AWAY!!" As crazy as it sounds Arya was my favorite because I didn't accidentally find spoilers about her and got to watch her story wondering what would happen. She is a little annoying but I found Sansa to be the unbearable at times. No mistake, a sympathize for a girl who doesn't have the first clue how to take care of herself and has so few resources outside of her family that she has no choice but to go wit the flow. But all together as a character if I had a dollar every time she was just standing in a room being helpless I'd have enough for a bottle of wine for Tyrion.

Wait..... wait. What happened more. Sansa standing helpless in the room or passionate, heartfelt soliloquies by Tyrion and Daenerys?

YESSSSSSSSSSS! And yeah Sansa is incredibly annoying but she also got exactly what she wanted. She chose to go through that hell over her family and father.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sportsnet just showed Backstrom back to wearing a bandage around his hand.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
YESSSSSSSSSSS! And yeah Sansa is incredibly annoying but she also got exactly what she wanted. She chose to go through that hell over her family and father.

She was given the choice by Little Finger to turn around and not marry into the Boltons and still did so against her own better judgement. She's been the biggest victim of the show by far but I don't know how she still went with it

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaAAAaaaAAAAaaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OurlordAndSaviorKuch

Number one Bull$hit
Oct 12, 2011
Tampa Florida
My dad texts me" Hey you and your girlfriend wanna meet over at Steves house to watch the game"

And I am all like hell no, This dude always blames Vasy for everything and doesn't know whats going on half the time and god forbid we go down by one early. I rather not have my night ruined.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad