Post-Game Talk: 5/2/2023 - Garbage Bag Day - Videos and Transcript

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
He's a goalie of course he's a headcase.
On top of that he's Swedish and while he speaks very well, sometimes what he says doesn't translate well.

To me it sounded like he has to go through more testing to determine how bad things are.

I have my concerns about who cleared him to play but I keep going back to the doctors would not risk losing their licenses to practice and that these guys are some of the very best in the world.

I have personal experience with one of their doctors in the group and I can tell you he was instrumental in fixing my ankle without any plates or screws.

Hopefully over time we will know more but for now, I respect Linus' decision to not disclose his injury.

The issue here is not Linus. It is on the coaches and medical staff. I want answers. They've made changes to their strength, conditioning and physical therapy before after a slew of injuries so perhaps they will make changes to the medical staff now.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
On if he was healthy enough to play…

“I had full confidence in my abilities every single game that I played. That’s the honest truth, otherwise I would have stepped aside. This is a team game, we win together and we lose together.”

Kind of a contradicting statement here by Linus. Obviously he was injured but if its a team game and we win and lose together, maybe him knowing he wasn't 100 percent and there was a healthy Jeremey Swayman ready to fill in, maybe Linus should of put the team first.
He's the last line of defense any injury that can limit his ability is significant, he shouldn't of been in the net.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston

“I had full confidence in my abilities every single game that I played. That’s the honest truth, otherwise I would have stepped aside. This is a team game, we win together and we lose together.”

Kind of a contradicting statement here by Linus. Obviously he was injured but if its a team game and we win and lose together, maybe him knowing he wasn't 100 percent and there was a healthy Jeremey Swayman ready to fill in, maybe Linus should of put the team first.
He's the last line of defense any injury that can limit his ability is significant, he shouldn't of been in the net.
He should have said he sucked when it mattered and he cost the team the series in my view

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It's not the first time the Bruins played a goalie in the playoffs who was injured. Someone somewhere is saying they are fine to play when obviously they are hampered and there is a healthy goalie sitting on the bench.
Hindsight being 20/20 they should have at least rotated the goalies every other game - jmho - and maybe we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Aside from that, this organization over the last several years has developed a very disturbing habit of losing playoff games at home, especially game sevens. Some of the players have changed, and the coach; however - there is a seemingly subconscious approach that is producing the same results. Going forward something must be done to change that.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be

Why are people still making excuses for him? He fell short.

bwunderlich

Feb 27, 2002
woodstock, ny
Visit site

Why are people still making excuses for him? He fell short.
He crapped the bed. Period.

Platitudes from all . . .felt hollow.

Wish I did not read any of the transcripts.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
Little pissed since it's been verified that Ullmark was playing through an injury. Really stupid coaching decision to keep right on playing him.
Did we not learn anything two years ago with Tuukka playing with a hip of an 88 year old with Osteo?

My 2nd thought is....What's going on???
This site is becoming more of an area to watch ads then to talk hockey or also you attempt to post and a advert interferes with your comment. Scrolling thru posts it's pop up after pop up or your screen narrows and you tap into a website
Oy!
:huh:

Thomas 11

Apr 15, 2018
Alberta Beach, Alberta
Little pissed since it's been verified that Ullmark was playing through an injury. Really stupid coaching decision to keep right on playing him.
Did we not learn anything two years ago with Tuukka playing with a hip of an 88 year old with Osteo?

My 2nd thought is....What's going on???
This site is becoming more of an area to watch ads then to talk hockey or also you attempt to post and a advert interferes with your comment. Scrolling thru posts it's pop up after pop up or your screen narrows and you tap into a website
Oy!
:huh:
The ads are annoying as hell, if you x one out it comes right back.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
*BOSTON BRUINS MEDIA ADVISORY*

BRUINS TO HOST END OF SEASON PRESS CONFERENCE ON TUESDAY, MAY 9, AT TD GARDEN

BOSTON – Boston Bruins CEO Charlie Jacobs, President Cam Neely, General Manager Don Sweeney and Head Coach Jim Montgomery will be available to the media on Tuesday, May 9, at TD Garden beginning at 11:30 a.m.

The press conference will be held in Legends, accessible to media via the Hub on Causeway main entrance beginning at 11 a.m. Media are advised that there will be no access permitted to the building via back security, and no working locations provided pre- and post-press conference as TD Garden will be functioning for a Boston Celtics game day. All media must exit the building following the conclusion of the press conference.

Reactions: old blue

GahdenRinkRat

Bruins' Den Mother
Sponsor
Jan 12, 2008
By the Dirty Watah

BOSTON – Boston Bruins CEO Charlie Jacobs, President Cam Neely, General Manager Don Sweeney and Head Coach Jim Montgomery will be available to the media on Tuesday, May 9, at TD Garden beginning at 11:30 a.m.

The press conference will be held in Legends, accessible to media via the Hub on Causeway main entrance beginning at 11 a.m. Media are advised that there will be no access permitted to the building via back security, and no working locations provided pre- and post-press conference as TD Garden will be functioning for a Boston Celtics game day. All media must exit the building following the conclusion of the press conference.
I’ll be in the neighborhood, think I could sneak in and ask a few questions :sarcasm::laugh:

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA

The Bruins' PR excels in damage control.

Mainstream media outlets and sportsradio will all be focused on the Celtics Game 5 and this news conference will be ignored.

Reactions: DominicT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad