GDT: 5/2/18 - 7:00PM EDT - #1AT Tampa Bay @ #2AT Boston [ECSF GAME 3]

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Anyone know where I can find a clip of Strålman knocking down Chara? That was just such a fun little moment. :D
I couldn't find that for you but instead I came across the one in which G's having a lil fun riding Marchand

...And I thought both Strals and Heddy are being cute here
well Yanni, too sorta. They are like little happy kids in a good way.

Last edited:

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
We've scored "4 fortunate goals"...
Guys, my friends, on Twitter I've started the war :D :D :D
"4 fortunate goals?" Pretty sure that's a hit song from Disney's the Little Mermaid.

ursula-poor-unfortunate-souls-little-mermaid-6919.jpg

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Would making a thread to discuss summer shagging and it's effects on playoff runs be too progressive and open for hfboards? It really is an interesting topic. I also don't wanna get shagged by another infraction in two days though.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

UseYourHedman

Hold my beer for a sec
Mar 17, 2018
PNW
So I saw Boston winning game 1 (long layoff) and TB winning game 2 (long 1st series for B) but I didn't see game 3 coming at all. What does everyone think about game 4?

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
So I saw Boston winning game 1 (long layoff) and TB winning game 2 (long 1st series for B) but I didn't see game 3 coming at all. What does everyone think about game 4?
I think it's more pressure for B especially when still having the home ice and flying to Tampa 1-3 will be unacceptable.
I just want our guys to be cool w/ the heat Boston will likely be bringing next game and just focus on OUR game. If we can play like we did today & the last game, we should be quite confident about the result.

Last edited:

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
I see the same situation here as the NJ one...just game 1 and 3 are reversed. It's a strong response mentally knowing you can't go back to the other teams rink down 3-1. I fully expect an effort on Friday better than todays. I think Tampa is the better team and had our rest not been 7 days in between series and maybe 4, we probably don't get pummeled 6-2. I also think our guys are very aware of the same thing and know they can put them on a stretcher if they win Friday.

I wouldnt put it passed this group to get it done again Friday - honestly. Boston can't keep up. They are a one line pony that has been stifled. Past their 1st line, we skate harder, we forecheck harder, we get more shots and generate more chances. Today was an absolute clinic in the 3rd period holding onto a two goal lead and they did what they've struggled with the last few months with general ease. I think if they play like they did today and dig in every shift, they win. Boston can easily be down this series by 3. When you constantly outplay teams on a period by period basis, you typically win. We need to bury them Friday. Amalie will be buzzing come Sunday if it's to eliminate these f*** faces.

We outplayed NJ 12/15 periods and we won 4.

We've outplayed Boston 8/9 periods and won 2.

Win Friday and they aren't beating us 3 in a row with two in Tampa.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Time to say some good things about Vasy. He had a good game. I didn't notice it until I rewatched some of the game, and heard the NBC crew bring it up, but when did he get so confident with the puck behind the net? He's almost starting to look like Bish back there. It's seems like such a minor thing, but it's a crucial part of our game. It increases the speed at which we can play.

Stammertime91

TBL: TEAM OF THE CENTURY
Dec 13, 2011
Tampa: NHL's Newest Dynasty
Another game where he sucked and was irrelevant yes, why'd you stop?

That ENG puts him in the realm of Callahan-level usefulness this game.

If you read the entire thread and looked in the player discussion, you'd find how I felt about this game.

I think your inability to recognize sarcasm is about as bad as Stamkos level of play right now. Lighten up tight ass.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
If you read the entire thread and looked in the player discussion, you'd find how I felt about this game.

I think your inability to recognize sarcasm is about as bad as Stamkos level of play right now. Lighten up tight ass.

Chill out bud he has 7 points in 8 games and playing D, what more do you want from him?

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018

I think Coop is not dreaming when he says they sacrifice themselves for the team. Like Cirelli for example, he really din't look like he was celebrating his individual achievement when he just howled to show how fired up he is after scoring his first playoff goal. Calm look at the interview, too. Many of the players are just like him now.
Very often that selflessness translates to making passes to teammate instead of shooting by themselves, but we are seeing some real team effort now.

pursuit81

Apr 12, 2018
Time to say some good things about Vasy. He had a good game. I didn't notice it until I rewatched some of the game, and heard the NBC crew bring it up, but when did he get so confident with the puck behind the net? He's almost starting to look like Bish back there. It's seems like such a minor thing, but it's a crucial part of our game. It increases the speed at which we can play.
While Vasy is our #1, he is still a young, work in progress and handling the puck is def an area that needed and continues to need improvement but, yes, he is looking more confident in that area for sure. (Though while HE is looking calmer with the puck all the time, he still makes ME nervous).

RegularSznAllStars

Sep 23, 2014

He has been doing this pretty well for most of the season. I remember thinking early in the year that he must have really worked hard in the offseason on it. Very noticeable difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad